100% policarbonate 20" carry on
Excellent deal
17 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3873 posts
744 upvotes
BC
Pretty good deal actually, you're right.
I don't "need" one right now, but I might just grab it anyways.

Thanks for the heads up, fellow Vancouverite~

edit: As a heads up to anyone else, the link is for USA so you can't buy it online.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Nov 22, 2012
358 posts
115 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Saw this in store and was about to buy. It's expandable.

I wonder what the actual measurements are for expanded and not expanded. Hi
Sep 18, 2017
56 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:28 am
It's only one inch. AC is that strict?
If they get you to put the carry on into the measuring bin then you'll be SOL
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1393 upvotes
Richmond
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Not usually, but very rarely they will have a brief crackdown. How willing are you to gamble at the last minute as you're leaving on your important business trip or vacation? You might have to pay as much as $250 if they tell you to check it (if it was your 3rd bag, for example).

Just last night I watched a guy in front of me in Toronto try to carry a full-size large suitcase wrapped in plastic through security as carry-on. The security staff looked at it doubtfully, wondering if it would even fit through the X-ray machine. Then they called over a supervisor. He asked the guy if the airline let him take this as carry-on. The guy said Yes. The supervisor shrugged and said "ok, not our problem" and left the regular staff to figure out how to get it through the X-ray machine.
May 12, 2006
136 posts
49 upvotes
ON
I fly several times weekly from may to October and I've never once seen an attendant use those example bins.

I have the Costco Samsonite ones that are an inch larger than the desired measurements and never had an issue. Worst case, you have to put them on the floor instead of overhead.
Sep 9, 2003
83 posts
7 upvotes
Faith24 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 1:49 am
Not usually, but very rarely they will have a brief crackdown. How willing are you to gamble at the last minute as you're leaving on your important business trip or vacation? You might have to pay as much as $250 if they tell you to check it (if it was your 3rd bag, for example).

Just last night I watched a guy in front of me in Toronto try to carry a full-size large suitcase wrapped in plastic through security as carry-on. The security staff looked at it doubtfully, wondering if it would even fit through the X-ray machine. Then they called over a supervisor. He asked the guy if the airline let him take this as carry-on. The guy said Yes. The supervisor shrugged and said "ok, not our problem" and left the regular staff to figure out how to get it through the X-ray machine.
I would not take a chance to use an oversize carry on, no need to add unnecessary stress to my trip as the security check is also a hassle.
Jan 12, 2007
72 posts
6 upvotes
London
Also noticed these at the London Wellington location yesterday. Had various colours.
Apr 6, 2002
596 posts
84 upvotes
YVR
TBH, any luggage that uses zipper is basically garbage. They have so little security that you might as well use a plastic bag... as a matter of fact, a thief would probably spend more time to tear up a plastic bag than opening a zipper luggage case.

Do yourself a favor and get one that doesn't use zipper. They tend to last much longer than a zipper one anyway.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Mar 25, 2006
909 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
JeiJei wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 11:39 am
TBH, any luggage that uses zipper is basically garbage. They have so little security that you might as well use a plastic bag... as a matter of fact, a thief would probably spend more time to tear up a plastic bag than opening a zipper luggage case.

Do yourself a favor and get one that doesn't use zipper. They tend to last much longer than a zipper one anyway.
unless the thief doesn't take the whole luggage :)
Feb 8, 2008
60 posts
32 upvotes
Surrey
JeiJei wrote:

Definitely, I care about the security of my personal belongings. That's why I always freeze everything in Carbonite. It does end up being pretty heavy though.

You know that this is a carry on piece right?
Nov 8, 2007
584 posts
207 upvotes
Edmonton
Sgt_Strider wrote:
It is not that they are that strict but some of the regional jets, i.e. the E190s, E175s, the CRJs; baggage that thick will not fit up top. You may be looking at a gate check or put it by your feet. You should have no issue fitting a 10" into a Boeing or an Airbus plane. If you know which plane you will be flying on ahead of time, you are golden.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17674 posts
190 upvotes
YVR
JeiJei wrote:

You got any suggestions on a good one?