Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Richmond BC Ciao carry on luggage

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 6:48 pm
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Pretty good deal actually, you're right.
I don't "need" one right now, but I might just grab it anyways.

Thanks for the heads up, fellow Vancouverite~

edit: As a heads up to anyone else, the link is for USA so you can't buy it online.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Saw this in store and was about to buy. It's expandable.

I wonder what the actual measurements are for expanded and not expanded. Hi
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
Sgt_Strider wrote: It's only one inch. AC is that strict?
If they get you to put the carry on into the measuring bin then you'll be SOL
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
Not usually, but very rarely they will have a brief crackdown. How willing are you to gamble at the last minute as you're leaving on your important business trip or vacation? You might have to pay as much as $250 if they tell you to check it (if it was your 3rd bag, for example).

Just last night I watched a guy in front of me in Toronto try to carry a full-size large suitcase wrapped in plastic through security as carry-on. The security staff looked at it doubtfully, wondering if it would even fit through the X-ray machine. Then they called over a supervisor. He asked the guy if the airline let him take this as carry-on. The guy said Yes. The supervisor shrugged and said "ok, not our problem" and left the regular staff to figure out how to get it through the X-ray machine.
May 12, 2006
551 posts
520 upvotes
ON
I fly several times weekly from may to October and I've never once seen an attendant use those example bins.

I have the Costco Samsonite ones that are an inch larger than the desired measurements and never had an issue. Worst case, you have to put them on the floor instead of overhead.
Sep 9, 2003
140 posts
43 upvotes
Faith24 wrote: Not usually, but very rarely they will have a brief crackdown. How willing are you to gamble at the last minute as you're leaving on your important business trip or vacation? You might have to pay as much as $250 if they tell you to check it (if it was your 3rd bag, for example).

Just last night I watched a guy in front of me in Toronto try to carry a full-size large suitcase wrapped in plastic through security as carry-on. The security staff looked at it doubtfully, wondering if it would even fit through the X-ray machine. Then they called over a supervisor. He asked the guy if the airline let him take this as carry-on. The guy said Yes. The supervisor shrugged and said "ok, not our problem" and left the regular staff to figure out how to get it through the X-ray machine.
I would not take a chance to use an oversize carry on, no need to add unnecessary stress to my trip as the security check is also a hassle.
Jan 12, 2007
376 posts
322 upvotes
London
Also noticed these at the London Wellington location yesterday. Had various colours.
Apr 6, 2002
624 posts
153 upvotes
YVR
TBH, any luggage that uses zipper is basically garbage. They have so little security that you might as well use a plastic bag... as a matter of fact, a thief would probably spend more time to tear up a plastic bag than opening a zipper luggage case.

Do yourself a favor and get one that doesn't use zipper. They tend to last much longer than a zipper one anyway.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
JeiJei wrote: TBH, any luggage that uses zipper is basically garbage. They have so little security that you might as well use a plastic bag... as a matter of fact, a thief would probably spend more time to tear up a plastic bag than opening a zipper luggage case.

Do yourself a favor and get one that doesn't use zipper. They tend to last much longer than a zipper one anyway.
unless the thief doesn't take the whole luggage :)
Feb 8, 2008
176 posts
232 upvotes
Surrey
JeiJei wrote: TBH, any luggage that uses zipper is basically garbage. They have so little security that you might as well use a plastic bag... as a matter of fact, a thief would probably spend more time to tear up a plastic bag than opening a zipper luggage case.

Definitely, I care about the security of my personal belongings. That's why I always freeze everything in Carbonite. It does end up being pretty heavy though.

You know that this is a carry on piece right?
Nov 8, 2007
748 posts
518 upvotes
Edmonton
It is not that they are that strict but some of the regional jets, i.e. the E190s, E175s, the CRJs; baggage that thick will not fit up top. You may be looking at a gate check or put it by your feet. You should have no issue fitting a 10" into a Boeing or an Airbus plane. If you know which plane you will be flying on ahead of time, you are golden.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore

You got any suggestions on a good one?
Apr 6, 2002
624 posts
153 upvotes
YVR
Xander_604 wrote:
Definitely, I care about the security of my personal belongings. That's why I always freeze everything in Carbonite. It does end up being pretty heavy though.

You know that this is a carry on piece right?
Carry on or not... it's the same thing... a zipper suitcase can be opened and closed back without leaving even a slight sign within 10sec (3sec to open, another 3 to close really)... then add however amount of time a thief wants to go over your stuff.

I'd even argue that it's even more important for carry-on as people tend to carry their valuables in there, making a more valuable target.

My friend has gotten her phone and other valuables in her carry-on stolen while on plane! Because on long flight, you simply don't watch who's opening the overhead and leaves great opportunity for thief. And there's no special tool required and makes no sound really... just a pen would do the trick... so other pax won't really notice a crime going on.
Sgt_Strider wrote: You got any suggestions on a good one?
Just anything that's not zipper... Samsonite makes a great one... not sure if they make in carry-on size, but it's inexpensive (less than 200) for a large suitecase. It's called "f'lite". It's basically a hard plastic shell on wheels. It can withstand all sort of abuse coming at it and relatively lightweight too. My parents have 3 of these and after a decade and probably over two dozen trips throughout the world... they looks pretty much as the day they came in...

I mean yes, there are nicks and dents here and there... but 0 problem and would probably last another decade or two.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
There are a lot of this luggage in woodbine/hwy 7 Costco. (Color: Black/Silver/Blue)
For those who worry about the size, it is a bit taller and thicker than my hard shell Samsonite Windows 3 carry on luggage.
Dimensions for this luggage is 22" x 14" x 9.75" says on the tag, which is 2" taller than what it says on Costco.com website.
And yes, you might not be able to use this as a carry on luggage for some low fare airline.
Images
  • 20171102_183109.jpg
  • 20171102_184007.jpg
  • 20171102_184056.jpg