• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 6:48 pm
Apr 6, 2002
596 posts
84 upvotes
YVR
Xander_604 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:53 pm

Definitely, I care about the security of my personal belongings. That's why I always freeze everything in Carbonite. It does end up being pretty heavy though.

You know that this is a carry on piece right?
Carry on or not... it's the same thing... a zipper suitcase can be opened and closed back without leaving even a slight sign within 10sec (3sec to open, another 3 to close really)... then add however amount of time a thief wants to go over your stuff.

I'd even argue that it's even more important for carry-on as people tend to carry their valuables in there, making a more valuable target.

My friend has gotten her phone and other valuables in her carry-on stolen while on plane! Because on long flight, you simply don't watch who's opening the overhead and leaves great opportunity for thief. And there's no special tool required and makes no sound really... just a pen would do the trick... so other pax won't really notice a crime going on.
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:08 am
You got any suggestions on a good one?
Just anything that's not zipper... Samsonite makes a great one... not sure if they make in carry-on size, but it's inexpensive (less than 200) for a large suitecase. It's called "f'lite". It's basically a hard plastic shell on wheels. It can withstand all sort of abuse coming at it and relatively lightweight too. My parents have 3 of these and after a decade and probably over two dozen trips throughout the world... they looks pretty much as the day they came in...

I mean yes, there are nicks and dents here and there... but 0 problem and would probably last another decade or two.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Feb 15, 2008
368 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
There are a lot of this luggage in woodbine/hwy 7 Costco. (Color: Black/Silver/Blue)
For those who worry about the size, it is a bit taller and thicker than my hard shell Samsonite Windows 3 carry on luggage.
Dimensions for this luggage is 22" x 14" x 9.75" says on the tag, which is 2" taller than what it says on Costco.com website.
And yes, you might not be able to use this as a carry on luggage for some low fare airline.
Images
  • 20171102_183109.jpg
  • 20171102_184007.jpg
  • 20171102_184056.jpg