Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco/Round or Emerald Cut Diamond (Half CTW Centre) Ring/$2000

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 12:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes

[Costco] Costco/Round or Emerald Cut Diamond (Half CTW Centre) Ring/$2000

Diamond rings rarely go on clearance at Costco, and these two just did. Last time I posted two clearance rings from Costco, they were both sold out within a week or so.

This time, one is a round cut, one is an emerald cut.

https://www.costco.ca/Round-Brilliant-Diamond-Wedding-Set-(0.83-ctw).product.100234026.html

https://www.costco.ca/Emerald-Cut-and-Baguette-Diamond-Ring-(0.76-ctw).product.100341831.html

Here is the short anecdote from the previous thread, in case "buying jewelry from Costco" is something you frown upon:
Glancealot wrote: Before you say "who would buy their rings from Costco?" Let me share with you my personal story to illustrate the point that "it is about the quality of the diamond when you buy rings, not the seller. all you need is the 7 or 30-day full refund guarantee, this way you can get an appraisal after you receive the ring, if it's not good, return it for a full refund."

I know people will think I am a cheapo, but I actually bought my wife's diamond ring off Groupon (much worse than Costco) when they used to sell LARGE solitaire diamond rings. certified 2.25 carat solitaire (of course it had lower end 4Cs)

the ring cost me ~3k, but I brought it into multiple jewelry stores (both family owned ones and chain ones like People's). they all tell me that the ring is worth 10k~20k.

at People's, two nosy and loud middle-aged female employees brought out a diamond detector from the back and used it on my ring, obviously wanted to prove to me that a $3k 2.25 carat solitaire must be fake/man-made, then their faces lit up and kept asking me where I got it for $3k, I made up a story and said "someone divorced his wife and sold me this ring on kijiji", they said "oh, that makes sense then. but wow, you got such a deal, this ring is worth at least $20k if you bought from us".

I had the ring appraised actually (cost me $50) at a reputable, independently operated jewelry store, the jeweler originally wanted to assign a value of $15k, but I told him to do $10k (he would only lower his value upon request, not the other way around). He said sure but also said that's the lowest he can attach his seal to.

don't get me wrong though, the ring is no match to good diamonds sold at places like Tiffany's. We actually went into Tiffany's and sat down and compared our ring with their 2.25 carat solitaire ring, the difference is simply night and day, especially under careful viewing and bright lights. but the Tiffany's one also cost ~$80k, i.e., more than 25 times of ours.

However, looks like groupon jacked up their price recently.

when i bought mine: H color + I2 clarity + 18K yellow gold ring + 2.25 carat solitaire = $2999 CAD before tax

link: link: https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ca-225-250-or-275-ctw-certified-diamond-solitaire-rings

current price: J color (2 levels lower than H) + I3 clarity (1 level lower than I2) + 14K yellow gold ring + 2 carat solitaire = $6961 USD before tax

link: https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-14k-gold-certified-diamond-solitaire-ring

Unfortunately, the Groupon ship has sailed, but I think the two sets I posted are definitely one of the best wedding set deals you can get nowadays, much much better than whatever you can get at chains like People's or independently run local jewelry stores.
Last edited by Glancealot on Jan 3rd, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
Too bad I already have a wife!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)