Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco in store - Vizio M55-E0 $774 (Eco fee included)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 1:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
RiasatAbir wrote: if you are into online gaming get a p series.
M series input lag is not good.
It's a mediocre TV which I regret buying over P series.
But movies/tv shows are your sole purpose then you can keep it, it has decent picture quality.
The 60hz panel sucks for sports though.
The P series doesn't support 4K@120Hz either.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
zinful wrote: What is the difference in price between M and P series ?
P series uses higher quality panel, more local dimming zones, better HDR implementation, extra HDMI port. P series has 4 HDMI 2.0 (required for 4K HDR) ports and the M series only had 1.

Get a full comparison here. https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... eshold*0.1
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
zinful wrote: What is the difference in price between M and P series ?
The lowest was 899, but it's gone now.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
How does the M Series compare to TCL TVs?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
geokilla wrote: How does the M Series compare to TCL TVs?
Pretty comparative, better brightness on the 2018 TCLs. I'm going to the States tomorrow to get a TCL 55R617 for the living room actually, the old Panasonic plasma we had finally gave up the ghost and I like the OLED in the basement where it is.

Anyways you can't really go wrong with either. The M series are solid budget TVs and so are the TCLs. I'm just going TCL for the double HDR standard support and better brightness levels due to it being a living room TV.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
Redmask wrote: Pretty comparative, better brightness on the 2018 TCLs. I'm going to the States tomorrow to get a TCL 55R617 for the living room actually, the old Panasonic plasma we had finally gave up the ghost and I like the OLED in the basement where it is.

Anyways you can't really go wrong with either. The M series are solid budget TVs and so are the TCLs. I'm just going TCL for the double HDR standard support and better brightness levels due to it being a living room TV.
Thought the M Series supported both Dolby Vision and HDR10? So it does support both HDR standards.

I know that Netflix works great with Dolby Vision, haven't tried any HDR10 files yet.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
roastpuff wrote: Thought the M Series supported both Dolby Vision and HDR10? So it does support both HDR standards.

I know that Netflix works great with Dolby Vision, haven't tried any HDR10 files yet.
Hmm? Oh cool, for some reason I thought it was just HDR10. Sorry for the mistake.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
thegrim1 wrote: Went into Costco for this tv, but got the M65 instead. It's on sale for 1098.99. Set it up yesterday, picture is fantastic.
10 more inch is priceless
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
Managed to grab the last M55 at Markham Rd + 14th Costco last night, the old man was pleased!
Banned
Mar 27, 2018
308 posts
266 upvotes
roastpuff wrote: The lowest was 899, but it's gone now.
So, it is 50% more.
Is there a better $600 TV?
Oct 6, 2016
317 posts
126 upvotes
langley, BC
NightRain wrote: The P series doesn't support 4K@120Hz either.
I don't need 4k @120hz either. When I watch sports the motion is bad on 60hz.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
zinful wrote: So, it is 50% more.
Is there a better $600 TV?
Not in my opinion unless you can get a TCL 6-series at equivalent Canadian pricing, with Costco warranty and return policy.

At 699, it was a very good buy already. At 599, it's a can't-miss deal. Yes, it's not as good as the P-series but as noted it's quite a bit cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
RiasatAbir wrote: I don't need 4k @120hz either. When I watch sports the motion is bad on 60hz.
Rtings actually references sports viewing with the M-series and offers a positive outlook;
The Vizio M Series 2017 is great at displaying all types of content without stutter. The response time of the display helps to smooth the transition between frames, which produces a smoother overall image. This is true for movies, video games and sports.

Decent TV for watching live sports. The Vizio M series handles motion well, and it produces a uniform image free of major blotchiness. Unfortunately though, picture quality does degrade at an angle.

The Vizio M Series 2017 LED TV has a good picture quality. Both the excellent contrast ratio and black uniformity make this TV a great choice for a dark room since it can display deep blacks without issues. In a brighter room, it will still perform okay with reflections, but if you have a very bright lamp or a sunny window straight on, it may have some difficulty fighting the glare. The gray uniformity is average but the dirty screen effect is not too problematic, so it is a good TV for watching sports like hockey or football. The only downside is that if you watch sports with a lot of friends, those sitting off center will have a worse picture quality since this TV has a poor viewing angle.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... rison_1774
Oct 6, 2016
317 posts
126 upvotes
langley, BC
game_fanatic wrote: Rtings actually references sports viewing with the M-series and offers a positive outlook;
The Vizio M Series 2017 is great at displaying all types of content without stutter. The response time of the display helps to smooth the transition between frames, which produces a smoother overall image. This is true for movies, video games and sports.

Decent TV for watching live sports. The Vizio M series handles motion well, and it produces a uniform image free of major blotchiness. Unfortunately though, picture quality does degrade at an angle.

The Vizio M Series 2017 LED TV has a good picture quality. Both the excellent contrast ratio and black uniformity make this TV a great choice for a dark room since it can display deep blacks without issues. In a brighter room, it will still perform okay with reflections, but if you have a very bright lamp or a sunny window straight on, it may have some difficulty fighting the glare. The gray uniformity is average but the dirty screen effect is not too problematic, so it is a good TV for watching sports like hockey or football. The only downside is that if you watch sports with a lot of friends, those sitting off center will have a worse picture quality since this TV has a poor viewing angle.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio ... rison_1774
I'm quoting my experience, not rtings.
I have seen even the camera pans fast, the tv can't handle it properly.
I agree with the image quality though, it's solid for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
RiasatAbir wrote: I'm quoting my experience, not rtings.
I have seen even the camera pans fast, the tv can't handle it properly.
I agree with the image quality though, it's solid for the price.
Good to know! I think we can chalk this up to a fantastic value proposition; there are definitely better TV's out there but for the price it's hard to top. It's a shame I did not get the wife approval to buy the TV for myself Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Redmask wrote: Pretty comparative, better brightness on the 2018 TCLs. I'm going to the States tomorrow to get a TCL 55R617 for the living room actually, the old Panasonic plasma we had finally gave up the ghost and I like the OLED in the basement where it is.

Wow that's almost double the price of the Vizio M series, provided you can find one in stock at this price.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Wow that's almost double the price of the Vizio M series, provided you can find one in stock at this price.
Yeah that's why I bought it in the States, $850 CDN. Just gotta go across the border and get it. I'll post some impressions later in Computers & Electronics so I don't derail this :)
Mar 14, 2012
454 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you op and especially those who posted the $599 price!! Is it just me, I can't use the YouTube app and some pictures on my hard drive would not not appear. On the other hand I shouldn't be lazy and should just use the PS4 Pro or laptop for that. Buying this or an outrageous $1000 cell phone (even if my current cellphone is on life support), this was a no brainer, lol !
Apr 9, 2011
431 posts
266 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
Gchlau wrote: Thank you op and especially those who posted the $599 price!! Is it just me, I can't use the YouTube app and some pictures on my hard drive would not not appear. On the other hand I shouldn't be lazy and should just use the PS4 Pro or laptop for that. Buying this or an outrageous $1000 cell phone (even if my current cellphone is on life support), this was a no brainer, lol !
Do you like the tv? I am looking to buy this as my first tv today.
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
Costco has 1 P55-E1 online for $899.99

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)