Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] [Costco West] BC,AB,SK & MB (Mar 12 - 18) (123 Pics)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 12:42 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1093 posts
105 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks very much for your time and effort OP. Greatly appreciated it.

YEG'ers - if you see the Canvas painting ($49) and the bookcase ($99) any store, please help to shout out. Many TIA.
Mar 31, 2013
86 posts
21 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Anyone have any experience with the pressure washer?
Sep 9, 2015
508 posts
234 upvotes
Nanaimo
clsl wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:50 am
Thanks Op for the work.

On another topic, I bought a 5 pieces dining set from Costco few weeks ago. It was on sale for $399.97. However, the surface of the table starts peeling. I talked to a woodworker from Home depot and he said it is a plastic sheet ironed on the top, which is a cheap way to manufacture. So it is easy to peel off since it is not stained. I always trust Costco will have a good quality product but I am quite disappoint on this dining set. I know I can bring it back and return it to get a full refund but the dining set is heavy and it is really a hassle to bring it back. I wounder if anyone has bought this dining set and is in the similar situation I am in.
Like other poster said, give them a call (costco concierge service, not the store). Usually if it's too difficult for you to return then they'll arrange for a pickup, especially if it's damaged.
Aug 28, 2010
98 posts
27 upvotes
rancid82 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:45 pm
I would give customer service a call and explain your situation. They're pretty good at resolving issues. With dinner tables, I'd look to get one made out of solid wood. That way, if anything happens you can always sand it down and repair it. You'll get a lifetime and more out of it. We bought ours years ago, not from Costo and it's worn well for the most part but there are spots that look like yours that we've filled in with dark markers over the years. Another trick is use coffee grounds (used and must be a bit damp) and rub it in. The coffee will stain it and look a bit more natural. But in your case, I would call and see what can be done but I would be more inclined to return it. I built my parent's dinner table out of oak and it's still in great shape after 14 years of daily use. I may end up doing that for ours...maybe some mahogany or cherry.
Thanks for the advise, I will try to fix it since it is a nice table. I am not that handy as you are. Neutral Face
S0lidus wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:55 pm
Like other poster said, give them a call (costco concierge service, not the store). Usually if it's too difficult for you to return then they'll arrange for a pickup, especially if it's damaged.
I went to the store and talked to the store manager, who said he will get back to me later. Astonished Face
If the store manager can't do anything, or I can't fix it myself, I will try to call costco concierge service.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3996 posts
679 upvotes
Regina
thanks op, no trip this week
Feb 26, 2008
314 posts
230 upvotes
Surrey
clsl wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:07 pm
Thanks for the advise, I will try to fix it since it is a nice table. I am not that handy as you are. Neutral Face

I went to the store and talked to the store manager, who said he will get back to me later. Astonished Face
If the store manager can't do anything, or I can't fix it myself, I will try to call costco concierge service.

Thanks.
If you're table was only a week old, can't see why they won't do anything. They have a no hassle return policy too. In this case, you'd be right to return it. You're not abusing it.

Well for the fixes, anyone can do it. Furniture building, well that's a different story. But there are lots of great furniture builders around who you could work with to get exactly what you want. But the price you got your dinner table for, that's a steal! Wood alone would cost more than that.
Oct 4, 2008
622 posts
146 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
I appreciate the posts, but I have never found any of these deals in Calgary SE/NE locations.
Feb 10, 2007
990 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Grunchy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:08 pm
I appreciate the posts, but I have never found any of these deals in Calgary SE/NE locations.

Odd, half of those deals were at Heritage on Sunday . . . .
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4750 posts
2761 upvotes
Vancouver
what kind of a person would give a thumbs down to this thread?
Jul 29, 2013
23 posts
16 upvotes
Squamish
Not wanting to get all political here but just in case you like to be an educated consumer and are someone who does not want to support the NRA in light of recent events, it is worth noting that the BELL helmet brand is linked to the NRA. Just something to be aware of if that is of concern to you :)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
3388 posts
1534 upvotes
Calgary
imjustsayin wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:58 pm
Not wanting to get all political here but just in case you like to be an educated consumer and are someone who does not want to support the NRA in light of recent events, it is worth noting that the BELL helmet brand is linked to the NRA. Just something to be aware of if that is of concern to you :)
Bell isn't linked to the NRA. Bell is linked to a gun manufacturer. Oil is linked to gas which is linked to melting glaciers. Plastic is made from oil.
I love my Koodo account.
Mar 8, 2018
16 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond BC
Does Costco ever have sports sunglasses for biking and hiking ? I have seen RayBans before at Costco but those are not sporty.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6782 posts
1727 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
gyozaman wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:26 pm
New item : Longchamp Tote Bag for $119.99 at Willingdon street, Burnaby BC location. When I went on Monday it was by the front entrance near the cashiers.

Can't read the SKU? Anyone seen it in the GTA?