Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco West now has Pacific Bold K Cups 34 cents a pod

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 7:51 am
Jan 19, 2013
53 posts
56 upvotes

[Costco] Costco West now has Pacific Bold K Cups 34 cents a pod

I was just at Costco and to my delight they are now selling Pacific Bold Dark Roast Coffee Extra Bold for $36.99 per box for 110 K Cups. A very decent cup of coffee for this price in my opinion, way better than their Breakfast Blend. I have been getting these in USA for the past few years and had emailed them and they replied they had no plan of bringing these to Canada so was surprised to see them.

They are also online for 2 boxes for $78.99
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
Dark roasted for the perfect balance of smoky and sweet, this robust brew lives up to its name. Intense, invigorating, but surprisingly smooth, Pacific Bold is an exhilarating experience for those who like coffee with a little attitude.
This description is promising way more than I would expect from a K-cup.

OP, how exhilarated are you each morning?

(But seriously, if I had a Keurig, I'd give this a shot on your recommendation alone)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
Their "Breakfast" k-cups are very weak and very watery.

I'll give these ones a try when I run out of the brown water.

One thing I do not like about the breakfast ones, are how difficult it is to remove the paper lining for recycling. Most other coffee pods tear away clean so it's just plastic remaining. These ones there's a 1/2 cm edge of paper remaining on the plastic.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
steven80 wrote: Their "Breakfast" k-cups are very weak and very watery.

One thing I do not like about the breakfast ones, are how difficult it is to remove the paper lining for recycling. Most other coffee pods tear away clean so it's just plastic remaining. These ones there's a 1/2 cm edge of paper remaining on the plastic.
I don't mind their breakfast flavour at all!
Sep 17, 2018
76 posts
24 upvotes
For the convenience 36 cents a cup isn't too bad. Might pick up a box......hope it's as advertised and produces a bold flavour
Dec 12, 2012
337 posts
392 upvotes
Saskatchewan
steven80 wrote: Their "Breakfast" k-cups are very weak and very watery.

The Pacific Bold K Cups are the same, removing the paper filter or even the foil from the cup is near impossible. You'd probably have to crush the edge to break the seal to have a fighting chance.

The flavour is very strong, as black of a coffee as you can get, more similar to say a 'Bold' Starbucks coffee than a 'Dark Roast' from Tim Hortons. If you've ever had dark roast coffee from a french press they're similar. First time around, I tried filling a 16oz Thermos using two capsules at 6oz & 4oz settings, the coffee was super strong. Granted, when you drink coffee black, I guess that does not help.
Carymay wrote: For the convenience 36 cents a cup isn't too bad. Might pick up a box......hope it's as advertised and produces a bold flavour
You might be surprised, it's definitely dark enough for coffee lovers. Might give them a stroke or two :P
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
SagaraS246 wrote: The Pacific Bold K Cups are the same, removing the paper filter or even the foil from the cup is near impossible. You'd probably have to crush the edge to break the seal to have a fighting chance.

The flavour is very strong, as black of a coffee as you can get, more similar to say a 'Bold' Starbucks coffee than a 'Dark Roast' from Tim Hortons. If you've ever had dark roast coffee from a french press they're similar. First time around, I tried filling a 16oz Thermos using two capsules at 6oz & 4oz settings, the coffee was super strong. Granted, when you drink coffee black, I guess that does not help.

You might be surprised, it's definitely dark enough for coffee lovers. Might give them a stroke or two :P
Ah damn, sounds a little to bold for my tastes, thanks for the heads up :)
Oct 18, 2017
929 posts
1941 upvotes
New Brunswick
New Brunswick also has these, so seems nationwide! Picked some up tonight :)
Dec 12, 2012
337 posts
392 upvotes
Saskatchewan
steven80 wrote: Ah damn, sounds a little to bold for my tastes, thanks for the heads up :)
You can fill a 16oz Thermos with one capsule, still stronger than the breakfast blend (2x). Though, if you add milk, cream, etc., you'll need two and it takes the edge out of the coffee.

Try to get some from either friends, family, and coworkers. Strong yes, coffee as black as your soul probably Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
Sounds promising. 1.27 kg for 110 pods is still only 11.5 grams per pod (Barista Prima is something like 13.5), but the price is good if it tastes OK. Most are around 10-10.5 g/pod I think.

At an 18:1 ratio one pod should make about 210 ml (7 oz). Could stretch that to 8 I expect.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2682 posts
1779 upvotes
Durham
Was looking out for when these came to the East, specifically Ontario.

First time seeing it and it happens to be on sale for $29.99. Will give it a try.

Thanks OP.
Images
  • 20181120_151537.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
tempted to get a keurig just bc of the ops enthusiasm
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
hordosr wrote: tempted to get a keurig just bc of the ops enthusiasm
You will like it if you like dark coffee like green mountain dark magic
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2896 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA
Bought today from VAUGHAN store for 30$..

Very good taste and comparable with Starbucks cafe Verona
I hate their breakfast blend..

Writing this while sipping my first cup of this coffee...
Will Buy one more box tomorrow to take it to work
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1375 posts
1868 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Are the "extra bold" capsules the ones containing extra caffeine?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)