Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Covered Bridge Storm Chips (8 Pack) [Smokin Sweet BBQ, Homestyle Ketchup, Creamy Dill and Sea Salt & Vinegar]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2020 9:46 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes

[Costco] Covered Bridge Storm Chips (8 Pack) [Smokin Sweet BBQ, Homestyle Ketchup, Creamy Dill and Sea Salt & Vinegar]

These are incredible chips. The unique thing about them is that a bag has all four flavors inside (Smokin Sweet BBQ, Homestyle Ketchup, Creamy Dill and Sea Salt & Vinegar). The different flavors go very well together. They are kettle cooked and made with dark russet potatoes.

They can probably be had for cheaper in the Maritimes where they are very popular. Someone from there can confirm how much they go for there. Here in the GTA they are hard to find. Whole Foods has them for $5 a bag. This is a good price at $3.50 a bag.

Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 20th, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
33 replies
Sep 17, 2019
80 posts
57 upvotes
I've never heard of these chips before. Curious but don't know if I'd want to commit to 8 bags. Are these significantly different from other Kettle chips?
Dec 4, 2011
177 posts
47 upvotes
Gta
Bought them at the factory in NB and tried them for the first time this past summer. And was surprised later to see them at my local Dollarama! As for taste, it's ok, nothing special to me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7274 posts
2114 upvotes
These aren't that hard to find. Even Dollarama sells them.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: These aren't that hard to find. Even Dollarama sells them.
Same flavor or other Covered Bridge chips?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4068 posts
21103 upvotes
Montreal
Last summer, a similar bag was going for like $1.25 at their factory. Simply called: Factory Mix.

Guess they wised up and decided to brand their factory seconds with the catchy term Storm Chips. I’m sure those in NL ate their storm chips this weekend.

Overall taste is great. The Dill and Ketchup were the best IMO.
Last edited by krazykanuck on Jan 20th, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
Mikorin wrote: I've never heard of these chips before. Curious but don't know if I'd want to commit to 8 bags. Are these significantly different from other Kettle chips?
The difference is there are four different flavors inside one bag. Each chip is a separate flavor. They go well together even though I wouldn't buy ketchup flavor chips alone for instance.

Good point by @ExEBGuy when I first tried these I couldn't tell they were kettle chips until after reading the bag. They are definitely not as hard or crunchy as other kettle chips.
Last edited by ar2020 on Jan 20th, 2020 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mar 7, 2011
32 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Mikorin wrote: I've never heard of these chips before. Curious but don't know if I'd want to commit to 8 bags. Are these significantly different from other Kettle chips?
After passing the factory in NB for years, we finally tried them this past summer. They are excellent. They are like kettle chips but not as hard as other brands (Ms Vickies). I will say that I am not as big a fan of this mix as I was with their "Weekender" summer mix but they are still good. If you can get to a store that carries their regular flavors, definitely give them a try!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3904 posts
389 upvotes
Pretty awesome chips - they are $3.99 a bag at Farm Boy. We had family over on the weekend and the storm chips were the first ones to be demolished.

Do I need eight though? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Proud member of SENS Army
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1718 posts
531 upvotes
Montréal, QC
ill try if I see them, thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2690 posts
925 upvotes
Da boot
As with any bag full of various flavors all the chips end up tasting like the strongest flavor in the bag, I'm not a fan.

The chips themselves are of good quality though, I like them more than Mrs Vickies chips.
Apr 12, 2008
941 posts
296 upvotes
These chips are amazing, thanks for sharing OP, however I'm passing only because it's 8 bags..