Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Costco] Creed Aventus is back @ Costco! (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 21, 2016
204 posts
163 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:12 pm
Called Markham East Costco yesterday and the guy said, the fragrance inventory is "inactive" in their system. I asked him what that meant and he said they won't be getting any more fragrances for the year. Don't think that's true but who knows.
Ya good luck. Toronto for the most part is like the scummiest of dirtbag re sellers, with the Costco employees also being too savvy and knowledgeable of the Creed stock to help anyone out. The "small market" cities actually have had a whole bunch of positive and helpful people, and some who have even been willing to sell Creeds at Costco price. I have a bit more faith in humanity then I log into Toronto Kijiji...
Nov 22, 2009
274 posts
149 upvotes
On a side note, I was not really getting good performance out of 17T01 on my skin or clothes.

So I made a concoction of a 1/3 of CDNI and 2/3 17T01 and now I think I might have created a beast.

Now I'm wondering if I should just fill up the 60 ml bottle with CDNI of which 50 ml is 17T01 or make small batches rather than waste the entire bottle?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1492 posts
191 upvotes
Calgary
No luck for me in Calgary this week.
Went to Okotoks Tuesday mornings and they had a small display that was obviously picked over.

Went to Heritage on Thursday and their display made Okotoks look ridiculously small.
Looks like they did restock but didn't see any Creed.
Two women showed up that dug alot deeper than I was willing too.
They relayed to me that they had found about 5 Creed from various stores in Alberta and even Saskatchewan.
I asked if they were reselling but they said they weren't.
Not sure what they had planned for all those bottles.
Jan 8, 2006
682 posts
126 upvotes
Scored a single Aventus 16L01 at Burlington Costco today. Didnt really have to dig that hard to be honest, although I still scratched up my hands pretty good on the cheap plastic cases reaching through to the back and moving things around. That shit is sharp, and I'd recommend bringing gloves if you plan on tearing down an entire display for an hour. There's still a full column of mens fragrance thats not easily accessible and is sitting behind a front facing column and blocked on all sides, so I couldn't really dig back there and wasn't going to spend the time after lucking out so quickly. You'd have to pull down entire crates\boxes at a time to get back there and explore. There could still be some good stuff back there. Figured I'd mention it.

I also picked up a Terre D'Hermes and there was still a few more of those easily viewable in front. I may return it, but want to try it out at The Bay (or whoever has samplers) before I decide whether to keep it or not. I don't like the idea of opening up this one from Costco to test and then returning it opened because it doesn't suit me. I'm surprised that's even allowed, but I'm not contributing to it either way.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3667 posts
948 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 4:52 pm
On a side note, I was not really getting good performance out of 17T01 on my skin or clothes.

So I made a concoction of a 1/3 of CDNI and 2/3 17T01 and now I think I might have created a beast.

Now I'm wondering if I should just fill up the 60 ml bottle with CDNI of which 50 ml is 17T01 or make small batches rather than waste the entire bottle?
I would just decant a small portion of the 17T01 to let some air in the bottle, something like 10ml.. then, don't touch your bottle for 2-3 months, let it mature, and it should be stronger.

based on experiments.. many people tried this.. I didn't..

I'm thinking about buying a 17T01 also.. we'll see
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14986 posts
3967 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
sandlent wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 4:52 pm

Lol you’re a wild man. Just make small 10ML batches
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1581 posts
173 upvotes
JJohnson416 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:26 pm
Are you going to tape the bottles into Costco plastic cases and claim you got them for $59.99?
LOL

I don't think Costco was around in the late 1950's so that would be implausible...

On a more serious note, I have seen Louis XIII stocked in a USA Costco though.

On another serious note, if anyone wants a 95% full 16A01 (smellyfinger's #1 rated batch of 2016) 75ml bottle I will do a straight trade with your Costco 16M01 or 16H11
Last edited by charmz on Oct 6th, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dec 15, 2006
388 posts
97 upvotes
Ottawa
I was in east Ottawa and stopped at the Innes Road Costco. Their display is now on a shelf and consists only of 2 layers of men's and women's.

Surprisingly, I found a Flowerbomb and Black Orchid in the top layer. Dug a bit but didn't see anything else.

I love Spicebomb and want to try Flowerbomb (I know it's a "perfume").
Nov 22, 2009
274 posts
149 upvotes
def47 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 6:24 pm
I would just decant a small portion of the 17T01 to let some air in the bottle, something like 10ml.. then, don't touch your bottle for 2-3 months, let it mature, and it should be stronger.

based on experiments.. many people tried this.. I didn't..

I'm thinking about buying a 17T01 also.. we'll see
I also read on Basenotes that when Aventus is decanted from a flacon that it's best to let it sit for 6 to 7 months before using it to make it potent. Do what the hell do we use until then?......lol

Apparently this 17T01 is supposed to be a "booty" batch. I'll also look into the birch tar trick.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3667 posts
948 upvotes
sandlent wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 8:54 pm
I also read on Basenotes that when Aventus is decanted from a flacon that it's best to let it sit for 6 to 7 months before using it to make it potent. Do what the hell do we use until then?......lol

Apparently this 17T01 is supposed to be a "booty" batch. I'll also look into the birch tar trick.
I bought 130ml of 16e21 (I think) with birch tar, and I almost can't wear it.. I don't like it that much. so for my personal taste, birch tar was a big mistake.

buy something like 30ml, if you want to try it. Don't make my mistake..
Nov 22, 2009
274 posts
149 upvotes
def47 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 9:54 pm
I bought 130ml of 16e21 (I think) with birch tar, and I almost can't wear it.. I don't like it that much. so for my personal taste, birch tar was a big mistake.

buy something like 30ml, if you want to try it. Don't make my mistake..
Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll skip the birch tar part and let it air out.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1458 posts
508 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
charmz wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 8:38 pm
LOL

I don't think Costco was around in the late 1950's so that would be implausible...

On a more serious note, I have seen Louis XIII stocked in a USA Costco though.

On another serious note, if anyone wants a 95% full 16A01 (smellyfinger's #1 rated batch of 2016) 75ml bottle I will do a straight trade with your Costco 16M01 or 16H11
On another serious note, :facepalm:
Aug 21, 2016
204 posts
163 upvotes
This guy @charmz is such a douchebag. Like you're making me cringe and I don't even know you. Out of generosity now...you're asking if people will trade 120 ML BOTTLE for your 75 ML BOTTLE! How generous of you...
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14986 posts
3967 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Lol I’ll trade charms my 50ML 16A01 BATCH OF THE YEAR in authentic smellyfinger bottle with authentic labels (only 2.8 sprays out of it) for a 500ml flacon of 17Q11...
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1581 posts
173 upvotes
JJohnson416 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 8:26 am
This guy @charmz is such a douchebag. Like you're making me cringe and I don't even know you. Out of generosity now...you're asking if people will trade 120 ML BOTTLE for your 75 ML BOTTLE! How generous of you...
Ya since everyone (98%) of the people here have never heard about Creed up until last year are all of a sudden worried about batch numbers on a $500 fragrance they bought for $67

I bet 75% of the people here have never set foot in a retail store where this sells

So since all you "experts" are such high end fragrance connoisseurs all a sudden why not take a chance to own a "BATCH OF THE YEAR" for the $67 you spent on a 120ml bottle from Costco

Seems like a SUPER HOT DEAL to me....

$67 dollars spent at Costco to trade me for about 70ml of 16A01 in a retail bottle with box VS $65 (USD + shipping) for a smellyfinger decant that's only 50ml
Last edited by charmz on Oct 7th, 2017 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

DrasticK, Hyphy