Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Costco] Creed Aventus is back @ Costco! (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 9:26 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15899 posts
4544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
EdisonL299 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 12:50 pm
Dude, I think you have become a cologne guru... How much have you spent already?
Lol

$800 in 3 weeks. Need to slow my roll a bit.

Still have some items on my wish list:

YSL La Nuit
Bleu de Chanel
Spicebomb
Versace Eros
TF Tobacco Vanille
Creed GIT

After I scratch that itch I’ll be done for at least the next 12 months, hopefully.

I think this has turned into my new hobby. I’ll be the best smelling broke guy around.

This thread ruined me.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Mar 3, 2011
621 posts
509 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:45 pm
Lol

$800 in 3 weeks. Need to slow my roll a bit.

Still have some items on my wish list:

YSL La Nuit
Bleu de Chanel
Spicebomb
Versace Eros
TF Tobacco Vanille
Creed GIT

After I scratch that itch I’ll be done for at least the next 12 months, hopefully.

I think this has turned into my new hobby. I’ll be the best smelling broke guy around.

This thread ruined me.
I agree and have returned most of my other scents because they didn't appeal to me after sampling them at one of the many retailers that sell and can give me a small sample.

I am now stuck with the final collection for myself of recent purchases

Aventus Creed (Costco)
Bleu de Chanel (Costco)
Armaf CDNI
Armaf Derby Blanche
Armaf Tres Bon
Lacoste La Nuit L.12.12 (Costco)
Paco Rabane 1 Million (Costco)
TdH EdP (the Toilette version didn't appeal to me off the bat)
Tom Ford l'Homme
YSL La Nuit (Costco)

For the wife:
4711 by Muelhans
Creed Jardin d'Malfi
Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud
YSL Black Opium EdP (Costco)
Versace Eros (Costco)

Scents that have caught my attention through this whole ordeal (for him or her)
Tom Ford Soleil Blanc
Tom Ford Neroli Portifino Forte (really nice once settled, didn't like it initially)
Creed Viking (same as above)
Bottega Veneta #1 (really nice scent)
YSL Y
Armani You
Kilian Good Girl Gone Bad
Kilian Playing with the Devil
Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede
Jo Malone Earl Gray & Cucumber
Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt
Jo Malone Green Almond & Red Currant
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15899 posts
4544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
^actually I’ve heard good things about those Killian fragrances. Might need to check them out.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Mar 3, 2011
621 posts
509 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 10:11 pm
^actually I’ve heard good things about those Killian fragrances. Might need to check them out.
Yeah, never heard about it till yesterday when one of the reps at Holts was talking to us about our collection and pulled us back in to smell Kilian. They had lots of sample bottles so I took a few of each :)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15899 posts
4544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
markopas wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 2:56 am
Yeah, never heard about it till yesterday when one of the reps at Holts was talking to us about our collection and pulled us back in to smell Kilian. They had lots of sample bottles so I took a few of each :)
Black Phantom is on my YOLO list. That box is deadly

Firebolt wrote:
Aug 21, 2016
214 posts
169 upvotes
Classics and must owns by Kilian in my opinion are,

- Back to Black (one of the best tobaccos on the market)
- Apple Brandy
- Straight to Heaven
Aug 21, 2016
214 posts
169 upvotes
charmz wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 1:49 pm
Entertainment always has to have a element of reality to it.

You guys should try mixing dole pineapple juice with your costco aventus... its on sale at nations for 1.99 and i heard really makes a booty beast batch. Im sure your sex doll will approve...
You're not funny or are you amusing. You're just irritating at this point. I don't try purposefully to start internet feuds but you make people just want to attack you lol. You were taking the "honest guy standing up for what's right" angle and went as far as to say you'd report Costco employees for being dishonest. Went against re selling and hoarding, then you go and lie and tape a TF Tobacco Vanille into a Costco plastic container and try to fool others in here that you got it there.

Not to mention all the garbage you've spoken since then. You aren't a fragrance expert and you aren't ANY more important than any of the rest of us who read and frequent this forum. Move along and try not to post any more stupid crap...
Dec 18, 2016
23 posts
11 upvotes
As pointed out by someone else, my local Costco supervisor said they might be done for the restocking fragrances for 2017. Next step might be 39.99 deal. I visited yesterday and saw Dior but it was only 50 ml. Couple of VUI ( Sherwood Park Location).
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1591 posts
174 upvotes
JJohnson416 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 12:04 pm
You're not funny or are you amusing. You're just irritating at this point. I don't try purposefully to start internet feuds but you make people just want to attack you lol. You were taking the "honest guy standing up for what's right" angle and went as far as to say you'd report Costco employees for being dishonest. Went against re selling and hoarding, then you go and lie and tape a TF Tobacco Vanille into a Costco plastic container and try to fool others in here that you got it there.

Not to mention all the garbage you've spoken since then. You aren't a fragrance expert and you aren't ANY more important than any of the rest of us who read and frequent this forum. Move along and try not to post any more stupid crap...
Yes I did take the honest guy approach... It was a bluff/fake/fraud.... To deter the Costco employees who read/post here from grabbing every single bottle before it hits the floor.

To try and give people like me and you an opportunity to also get one.

Most of that "garbage" Ive spoken is fairly correct. Might be a little over top in the approach. But accurate to say the least.

You can "attack" and downvote me all you want. Because the only thing that matters is I got the bottles I wanted and all of this is just entertainment.

See you all next year in the Creed 2018 thread
Jan 18, 2012
676 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is buying from fragrancebuy, there's a free shipping code "THANQ" ends midnight today.
Jun 25, 2017
79 posts
18 upvotes
jamex wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 5:50 pm
Scored a single Aventus 16L01 at Burlington Costco today. Didnt really have to dig that hard to be honest, although I still scratched up my hands pretty good on the cheap plastic cases reaching through to the back and moving things around. That shit is sharp, and I'd recommend bringing gloves if you plan on tearing down an entire display for an hour. There's still a full column of mens fragrance thats not easily accessible and is sitting behind a front facing column and blocked on all sides, so I couldn't really dig back there and wasn't going to spend the time after lucking out so quickly. You'd have to pull down entire crates\boxes at a time to get back there and explore. There could still be some good stuff back there. Figured I'd mention it.

I also picked up a Terre D'Hermes and there was still a few more of those easily viewable in front. I may return it, but want to try it out at The Bay (or whoever has samplers) before I decide whether to keep it or not. I don't like the idea of opening up this one from Costco to test and then returning it opened because it doesn't suit me. I'm surprised that's even allowed, but I'm not contributing to it either way.
Wtf I was there the day before and couldn't find it . Mind you I didn't take down the entire display but I did a pretty decent scan. LOL some old lady employee asked what I was looking for and she tried helping me out and actually said there were two people before me who ripped the display apart. I figured they grabbed it so it wasn't worth my time.

Where did you find yours ? Buried in the bottom?

Oh well I managed to get a Chanel 50ml
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15899 posts
4544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
invinci wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 8:35 pm
If anyone is buying from fragrancebuy, there's a free shipping code "THANQ" ends midnight today.
**** man I was trying to go a few days without buying cologne. The cheap side of me couldn’t resist this though lol.

Scooped a tag him prestige (one million meets Invictus) for shits and giggles. Total blind buy.
invinci wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 8:37 pm
Grabbed this: https://fragrancebuy.ca/products/armaftresnuit-man

Thanks to @nasa25 now I need to slow down / stop buying!!!
It was this guy that sold me on Tres Nuit. He’s the best fragrance reviewer along with cubaknow (Jeremy is also entertaining due to the eye candy he brings with him but far less lols)

Almost died laughing. It was then and there I knew I had to own it.
Firebolt wrote:
Jan 8, 2015
388 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JJohnson416 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 12:01 pm
Classics and must owns by Kilian in my opinion are,

- Back to Black (one of the best tobaccos on the market)
- Apple Brandy
- Straight to Heaven
I haven't gotten my nose on Back to Black, but how does it compare (if at all) to Tobacco Vanille, Herod, Pure Havanem, 18.21 Sweet Tobacco? I know the last one is a little obscure, but those are the Tobacco scents I have for now. In your opinion though, is it worthwhile to track down Back to Black compared to what I already have?