Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Creed Aventus is back @ Costco! (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 12:54 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
1611 posts
135 upvotes
Easto wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:21 pm
https://fragrancebuy.ca/products/armafc ... ntense-man

This is Armaf - Club De Nuit Intense

It's a clone of Creed Aventus - lots of people say it's ~95% similar. Pay the $35 for this if you can't get it from Costco. Most people won't know the difference and you save a few hundred bucks.
anyway to get free shipping without buying 5 items?

EDIT: looks like you can get $5 off if someone gives you a referral link which cancels out the shipping for the most part. Signed up and bought one
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1719 posts
814 upvotes
Milton
drunkgoat wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 7:27 pm
anyway to get free shipping without buying 5 items?

EDIT: looks like you can get $5 off if someone gives you a referral link which cancels out the shipping for the most part. Signed up and bought one
How do you get referral link?
Jun 25, 2017
22 posts
13 upvotes
Tom ford black orchid . Online says unisex but how many guys have actually bought it for themselves on rfd?
Nov 22, 2009
260 posts
141 upvotes
Master2031 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:21 pm
Tom ford black orchid . Online says unisex but how many guys have actually bought it for themselves on rfd?
I bought it for my buddy who absolutely loves it. I would says it's more masculine than feminine. He's got a very strong personality and it suits him.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14725 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Read some good things about fragrance buy. Just got this for $122 all in ($100 plus tax and shipping)

Terre d’Hermes 100ml tester
Insurrection Pure 2 90ml

$75 for the TDH, $25 for the IP2. IP2 is another aventus clone but I’ve read good things about it online. Similar to the club d nuit intense it’s a bit heavy/less natural than authentic creed on the initial spray but is supposed to mellow out after about 20 minutes on skin (to resemble creed)

Still going to be on the lookout for some creed but I’m sorted for the next little while now.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Dec 15, 2006
381 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
Easto wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:21 pm
https://fragrancebuy.ca/products/armafc ... ntense-man

This is Armaf - Club De Nuit Intense

It's a clone of Creed Aventus - lots of people say it's ~95% similar. Pay the $35 for this if you can't get it from Costco. Most people won't know the difference and you save a few hundred bucks.
You can decant it with 20% Demeter Pineapple to get it even closer.
Jul 7, 2007
732 posts
221 upvotes
Black Orchid is only stocked in the women's pallet at Costco, but at Sephora they have it for sampling in both the women's and men's section. It's the same fragrance.

I tried the Tom Ford black orchid at Sephora with my wife. She found it too aggressive. I tried it as well and didn't like it. It's aggressive even for mens standards (I also sampled Spicebomb and Chanel Allure for men at the same time and the black Orchid was just overpowering comparatively).

The Chanel Allure for men smells very feminine...

Will be returning my Chanel Allure for men. I'm also returning 3 Tom Fords, as I was intending to keep one for myself, one for my wife, and give one as a gift. But neither of us like it.

If your in Ottawa and want either Chanel Allure for men or 3 Tom Fords (you better not resell them), meet me at Costco Kanata on Tuesday at 6pm. Or else I'm refunding them.

I also used Creed Aventus for the first time on Saturday for a wedding, it smells better than anything I've tried before, but its not mind-blowingly good. I would pay max $150 for it, no chance I would pay anything close to retail.
Mar 11, 2017
153 posts
19 upvotes
BC
Trying it out... Ordered one Armaf - Club De Nuit Intense from fragrancebuy.ca
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14725 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CDNI vs IP2 review:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/comm ... mment_list

And a whimsical review. Guy is a comedian

Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Dec 27, 2007
870 posts
140 upvotes
Edmonton
Can't believe this thread is still going. Its intrigued me this whole hoopla about this Aventus, I'm going to buy those clones on Fragrancebuy to see what this is all about. Hope its amazing as its sounds like Sex Panther cologne
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14725 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just added the club d nuit to my fragrance buy order. Gonna compare it with the IP2.
Firebolt wrote:
Jan 22, 2007
675 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
IoI, Aventus: Try. Pure: Buy. CDNI: Pass. from review above.

I would try CDNI first too and The one EDP 2nd. -_-
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1482 posts
188 upvotes
Calgary
After last years Aventus thread I was tempted to buy some clones. Now that this years thread popped up I decided to pull the trigger.
My wife is the ultimate judge of the 2 so here are the results:

IP2
Purchased from Amazon.ca.
This stuff smells aweful. If this is what Aventus smells like then it defntely is not for me.
My wife was adamant that I wash it off immediately it was that bad.
The smell was like I would expect from a cheap $30 knockoff

CDNI
Purchased from Fragrancebuy.ca
This was totally different. It smelt great on first spray and got better through the next hour or so.
Wife's response "that smells really good, I am kinda' getting turned on".

So a clear winner for me with CDNI. Not too sure why they are considered both so close as they were very different. Not too sure is the IP2 was a clone of a clone or a bad batch but it is going back to Amazon.

Keep in mind I have never smelt the real Aventus.
If someone in Calgary with Aventus wants to compare I am open to a blind test.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14725 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Seems like there’s tons of varying opinion on CDNI versus IP2. Supposedly IP2 is far less intense but the overall smell is supposed to be similar to CDNI. IP2 is supposed to be a fresher, summer appropriate scent versus CDNI which is supposed to be better suited for the cooler months or a night out.

Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 12th, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no referrals
Firebolt wrote:
Nov 25, 2016
61 posts
16 upvotes
I've been obsessed with aventus for a while and managed to snag a bottle from Costco in Edmonton. I originally had a decant of aventus and bought cdni because of online reviews etc. While cdni is similar , it doesn't compare to legit aventus. The longevity isn't good and the initial spray smells like citrus / lemon pledge. The basenotes are similar but it's definitely not a clone. I'd pass on the cdni and just low ball someone on kijiji to get the real thing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

cheapmtl