Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Cricut Explore Air Machine 2 with Basic Tool Set $269 (In-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2019 1:43 pm
Mar 2, 2004
625 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Cricut Explore Air Machine 2 with Basic Tool Set $269 (In-store)

My wife has been requesting this. We were surprised to see it instore @ Costco Heartland. The price was $269 and comes with basic tool set. This is cheaper than anywhere else.

Here is amazon link for comparison.
https://www.amazon.ca/Cricut-2003638-Ex ... way&sr=8-2
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 21st, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
73 replies
Oct 7, 2017
664 posts
849 upvotes
Still trying to figure out what is this...
Mar 2, 2004
625 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
It's mainly for arts and crafts, I don't know much about it but the wife says everyone in arts and crafts know about this machine. It's like the Kitchenaid mixer of the mixers.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2917 posts
3111 upvotes
Markham
Saw that at Costco Etobicoke as well.
I could not figure out what this does.
Now I know.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
This cuts paper into shapes you feed it digitally. Like a laser cutter but... for paper crafts.

Great for vinyl printing stuff onto t-shirts.
Sep 14, 2008
177 posts
171 upvotes
Came in handy for cutting custom labels, and making a cake topper lol
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vtse wrote: This cuts paper into shapes you feed it digitally. Like a laser cutter but... for paper crafts.

Great for vinyl printing stuff onto t-shirts.
Not just paper, you can get different cutter heads for it to cut other things, for example, leather.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4597 posts
1657 upvotes
Brampton
I've used my wife's to make custom vinyl decals, stencils and lettering.
It's basically a printer/plotter that can use a pen or a cutting blade and comes with decent software.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Aug 31, 2008
248 posts
72 upvotes
Newmarket/Markham
My wife has one. This thing is awesome. She's kind of turned into a little side business too making labels, tshirts, all types of crafts. It's paid for it's self 10x over.
Apr 23, 2018
31 posts
21 upvotes
fizz215 wrote: costco link showing at 299 for me
Yes, online it is $299.99, but prices are usually lower in store. As OP stated, he saw it in store for $269. The online price includes shipping, so it's usually a bit more to accommodate for that. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Unless I can find a cheap source for the materials you need to use this....this is a pretty expensive toy no? I’ve looked at it at Michaels numerous times but the materials are expensive if I’m just going to use it as a hobby?
Koodo member
Aug 11, 2009
151 posts
72 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: Unless I can find a cheap source for the materials you need to use this....this is a pretty expensive toy no? I’ve looked at it at Michaels numerous times but the materials are expensive if I’m just going to use it as a hobby?
it all depends on how much you intend to use it and what lifestyle you have. We have 2 young kids so making things for events like birthday/baptisms/communions, it comes in handy. I think it is more time than anything. For instance, we are going down to disney this summer so we wanted to have custom shirts for all 4 of us. These can range from $20 to $40 to have them made or buying disney shirts at about the same price. She was able to pick up 4 dryfit T shirts for $10 each and spent maybe another $10 on iron on vinyl and used her machine to make the 4 shirts.

The original investment of the machine plus materials to get you going seems like alot but if you use the machine alot then it makes it worth it. Also the real benefit of this is not cost savings, it more about being able to produce something unique.

Michael's unless it is on sale is the worst place to buy supplies for crafting. Amazon has great deals on vinyl packs and paper packs. The dollar store is a great place to buy basic cardstock paper in multiple colours. Michaels sells non cricut brand paper packs that are not too expensive but if you combine with the 40% off one regular priced item coupon, it helps get the cost down.
Jan 6, 2008
45 posts
21 upvotes
cisco911 wrote: The original investment of the machine plus materials to get you going seems like alot but if you use the machine alot then it makes it worth it. Also the real benefit of this is not cost savings, it more about being able to produce something unique.

Michael's unless it is on sale is the worst place to buy supplies for crafting. Amazon has great deals on vinyl packs and paper packs. The dollar store is a great place to buy basic cardstock paper in multiple colours. Michaels sells non cricut brand paper packs that are not too expensive but if you combine with the 40% off one regular priced item coupon, it helps get the cost down.
Would you need to replace any blades on this machine?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: Unless I can find a cheap source for the materials you need to use this....this is a pretty expensive toy no? I’ve looked at it at Michaels numerous times but the materials are expensive if I’m just going to use it as a hobby?
Even the official Cricut store is significantly cheaper than Michael's. My wife loves hers.
Dec 13, 2016
107 posts
160 upvotes
Alliston
zipsync wrote: Would you need to replace any blades on this machine?
Yes, you'll need to replace the blades based on how much you're going to use it, and what materials you're cutting. Not too frequently for the common crafter.

I picked one of these up a couple of months ago off kijiji. We use it for vinyl decals, and customized stickers for the kiddos. It's so user friendly that I'm making things all the time. I plan on using it to create silkscreen stencils next. It's a pretty cool toy to mess around with if you have the time.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1567 posts
907 upvotes
Near GTA
This will upgrade the look of all your parties by 100x. If you have the artsy side in you and have lots of gatherings to celebrate, just buy it. Totally worth the money and if not, just return it Thumbs Up Sign
Aug 11, 2009
151 posts
72 upvotes
zipsync wrote: Would you need to replace any blades on this machine?
Yes, The blade will need to be replaced as it will get dull over time. The replacement blades are not expensive. You are looking at $10 for 2 regular blades. How long they last depends on how much you use it but with casual use, you can probably get 6 months to a year out of each blade. So $10 a year on blades is not bad.
Sep 30, 2015
641 posts
882 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This looks like a good price, my wife got it on amazon in 2017 for $279 but I don't think it came with the basic tool pack.

As for people asking if it's worth buying or saying it seems expensive this isn't for you. My wife loves hers but its more for her being creative and making her own things. The last few years she has made customs Christmas cards on this, they look amazing but for the time and money she spends on them she could of easily bought cheaper generic ones but she would rather do this. It's a fun tool if you craft a lot but for the average person this isn't going to save you money.