Shopping Discussion

Costco Defective Hagar Pants: Anyone Else?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2015 11:14 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 29, 2013
723 posts
358 upvotes

Costco Defective Hagar Pants: Anyone Else?

I purchased two pairs of Haggar pants from Costco about six months ago. They feel like med-heavy 100% cotton material. I recently repaired the hem that had become frayed thinking that they had been too long and walked on to make them break down. Did not notice that the fronts of the legs and pocket areas had holes as well.

In conversation a friend they purchased around the same time, the same style Haggar pants at Costco in a different city and threw them out after three months of wear. Not my usual experience at Costco. The material was defective so will not be buying Haggar again.

No, I am not taking them back to Costco for a refund.

Just pissed off because I HATE shortening pants.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1990 posts
206 upvotes
Your first mistake was buying Hagar brand
"I've been tearing money since my first Holy Communion."
[OP]
Jul 29, 2013
723 posts
358 upvotes
pupazzo wrote:
Feb 28th, 2015 9:33 pm
Your first mistake was buying Hagar brand
Tell me more! I always thought they were a good brand. Prices seem to reflect that.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18531 posts
3167 upvotes
GTA West
I saw those at Costco and eventually went with the Dockers version. The Haggar version seemed to have inferior sewing and the material just felt less substantial.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Jun 15, 2011
39206 posts
5764 upvotes
King City
Never had issues buying Haggar from Sears or the Bay. Have them for 5 years now.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Mar 14, 2005
12332 posts
1852 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Not sure I'd use the description "defective" as there are amazon reviews that go back as far as 2013 talking about how the material quickly wore down/got frayed. Sounds like the material is just "low quality".
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8080 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Feb 28th, 2015 11:15 pm
Never had issues buying Haggar from Sears or the Bay. Have them for 5 years now.
Always thought most of those brandname stuff at Costco are seconds anyways.

Some brands may have less visible imperfections than others.

Is's Haggar made by Levi's?

I stopped buying Levi's a long time ago after they started fitting weird in the crotch area.

Depending on where they send it to be assmbled offshore, the quality control may differ I suppose.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13636 posts
3913 upvotes
Montreal
gh05t wrote:
Mar 1st, 2015 9:49 am
Always thought most of those brandname stuff at Costco are seconds anyways.
I totally agree with this, and I never buy clothes at costco due to the "obvious variances" in their products.

for example, I tried on 3 different xl coats of the same brand before christmas and one was monstrous, the second was okay except the zipper was defective, and the third had arms that went up halfway to my elbows. :lol:

at that point, I left.