Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Costco Dining Table and Six Chairs $699.98

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2015 2:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario

Costco Dining Table and Six Chairs $699.98

Price:
Savings:
$200
Saw the dining table and chair set at Costco on sale for $699.98 or $200 off, YMMV. Similar set at Leon's is selling for $1,300 to $1,400.

The table is made of rubberwood and mango wood (whatever that means), it also has butterfly extension underneath which I like very much.

I googled rubberwood and mango wood and they are both sustainable and responsibly sourced materials. This is a bonus as it seems that this table is made of real wood with no veneers.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2ptwc45.jpg[/IMG]
34 replies
Jul 10, 2008
299 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Which costco OP? Any idea of the dimensions?
Apr 23, 2012
32 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I would also like to know which costco and item number OP.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
.98 is store region specific so ymmv but good price
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
Flizz7 wrote: I would also like to know which costco and item number OP.
Costco in Kingston, Ontario (there is none left there). The item number is 422041. I will provide the dimensions later tonight.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7521 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a big-ass round table for the kitchen from Costco several years ago... Rubberwood, bonded leather, for like $500 with 4 chairs. Solid and heavy as anything. Obviously fake leather and not the real expensive solid wood but still not bad.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1606 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
In the past 2 years, the dining set would be marked down to 599.97 around Feb... the only problem is Costco will not deliver, so taking those back home is a long journey...
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3361 posts
1989 upvotes
I got a very very very similar (only the back of the chairs are different) set 3 years ago from Costco for exactly the same price (or was it 599.97). It's very heavy and still looks very good. Mine is made from mango wood (wood from the mango tree) in Vietnam, no rubberwood. I remember it was real leather but obviously cheap and not italian leather. Assembling was a pain since the dimensions are not very precise so I had to wiggle things a bit. A deep socket would help tightening all those nuts. And since the dimensions are not very precise, extending and reducing take a bit of wiggling. The nice thing is the extension is built in so I don't have to store it separately.

Obviously, the colour is not the natural colour of mango wood, it's painted.

Edit: when I wrote heavy, I mean much heavier than IKEA stuffs, but not as heavy as a pure oak set.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1606 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
bogolisk wrote: I got a very very very similar (only the back of the chairs are different) set 3 years ago from Costco for exactly the same price (or was it 599.97). It's very heavy and still looks very good. Mine is made from mango wood (wood from the mango tree) in Vietnam, no rubberwood. I remember it was real leather but obviously cheap and not italian leather. Assembling was a pain since the dimensions are not very precise so I had to wiggle things a bit. A deep socket would help tightening all those nuts. And since the dimensions are not very precise, extending and reducing take a bit of wiggling. The nice thing is the extension is built in so I don't have to store it separately.

Obviously, the colour is not the natural colour of mango wood, it's painted.

Edit: when I wrote heavy, I mean much heavier than IKEA stuffs, but not as heavy as a pure oak set.
I remember those are heavy since I moved the boxes all by myself... #painfulhistory
Feb 27, 2009
870 posts
320 upvotes
NCR
acbay21 wrote: In the past 2 years, the dining set would be marked down to 599.97 around Feb... the only problem is Costco will not deliver, so taking those back home is a long journey...
My Costco delivers. IIRC I paid $60 to get one of the large Lifetime sheds delivered to my house about 3 years ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
raptor21 wrote: Which costco OP? Any idea of the dimensions?
It is about 60" L x 38" W x 31" H, add another 18" to the length with the extension raised.
Jul 10, 2008
299 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Headbeancounter wrote: It is about 60" L x 38" W x 31" H, add another 18" to the length with the extension raised.
OP Delivers! Thanks, I'll have to go in store and see if its available. Considering I live in Brampton, I am not too optimistic.
Jan 13, 2012
321 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Checked local Costco store and asked a staff to review computer system, all GTA stores are still on regular price at $899.9x.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
JasonY2012 wrote: Checked local Costco store and asked a staff to review computer system, all GTA stores are still on regular price at $899.9x.
It is too bad, but keep an eye out when it is being cleared out, this unit is solid and it costs several hundreds of dollars less than almost identical item at Leons.

Good luck hunting ;)
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18836 posts
1902 upvotes
Elmira
They have 3 sets all similar to this, laid out all beside each other at Heartland. One is 699, ones 799, and ones 899. All 3 were quite nice for the price, only thing that scares me is that theres no way it's solid hardwood construction

We passed on them... For now. We are still in the market though

Edit - actually OP says it's made from rubber wood which is certainly better than particle board.. Still not sure what I should do
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
Headbeancounter wrote: It is too bad, but keep an eye out when it is being cleared out...
Should add that it appears Costco is replacing this set with another that comes with grey upholstered chairs which sells for something like $1099 (personally I prefer the $899 set), but just to say that it won't be long before Costco clears them out.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
duckdown wrote: They have 3 sets all similar to this, laid out all beside each other at Heartland. One is 699, ones 799, and ones 899. All 3 were quite nice for the price, only thing that scares me is that theres no way it's solid hardwood construction

We passed on them... For now. We are still in the market though

Edit - actually OP says it's made from rubber wood which is certainly better than particle board.. Still not sure what I should do
I had checked out the Brick, Leon's and Jysk; this set is really no brainer when Jysk wanted similar money for a lot less quality stuff and the other two wanted at least $300 to $400 more even on special.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1590 posts
91 upvotes
Maple
We bought this set about half a year ago for that price, and it's been really good so far. One thing that's hard to tell from the picture above is that the colour is actually quite unique, with various shades of brown and orange because of the mango wood. Assembly was a pain because you have to build each chair, and you definitely need a second set of hands putting the table together. All-in-all, good quality, and so far has fared very well. For the price and the size, I recommend it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)