• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 10:03 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 15, 2008
406 posts
23 upvotes

Costco dog beds

Hi, does anyone of you have these beds? I heard they are pretty good. Wondering if the large bed could be placed inside a washer?
Thanks.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3307 posts
333 upvotes
i'm sure they're wonderful. but my experience and gut says your dog won't even use it and may just chew it up after a while. The only thing that's worked for us is we folded up a comforter and our dog just sleeps on that.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5112 posts
651 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Assuming it is a removable cover, then yes it will fit in the washer.
Aug 1, 2006
27 posts
6 upvotes
They are ok, since they have a removable top cover which can be washed and are comfortable. But if your dog pees or throws up it will soak through the top cover and you will end up having to wash the bed too, so a bit of a pain. You might be better off with a memory foam bed with a removable top cover, or a coolaroo bed if your dog is a chewer. A coolaroo looks like a cot. Your text to link here...
[OP]
Jun 15, 2008
406 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks everyone. My old dog passed last August at 17.5 . Believe me, I've washed & cleaned vomit and pee from the foam bed countless of times during his last year with us. We are adopting a puppy this time, and looking to get a washable bed. Someone was selling Rogz bed which is washable, doesn't rip easily, dirt resistant and washable on CL. I've never heard of Rogz before this. Anyway, like nx6288 said, I'd probably use an old comforter for the first few weeks to see how things go.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2901 posts
423 upvotes
We like the Bowsers beds - you can select the fabric and the bed is about 99% washable - including the inserts. The beds come with a few zippers to take them apart. www.bowsers.com. We buy them through our groomer. Our guy has 2 beds - one bed is 12 years old and is still going strong.

Our little chewer (who is now 13) has never chewed his bed (or I should say pouting cushion) probably because it is "his" as opposed to everything that is ours is really his as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2901 posts
423 upvotes
We like the Bowsers beds - you can select the fabric and the bed is about 99% washable - including the inserts. The beds come with a few zippers to take them apart. www.bowsers.com. We buy them through our groomer. Our guy has 2 beds - one bed is 12 years old and is still going strong.

Our little chewer (who is now 13) has never chewed his bed (or I should say pouting cushion) probably because it is "his" as opposed to everything that is ours is really his as well.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel