Hot Deals

[Costco East] Bag to Earth $3 off Kitchen liners & $2 off Green bin liners until Aug 27

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 2:37 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
84 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa

Bag to Earth $3 off Kitchen liners & $2 off Green bin liners until Aug 27

Expiry:
August 27, 2017
Retailer:
Costco East
Costco (East) has Bag to Earth brand food waste bags discounted until Aug 27. I know there are other options but I like these, especially when they're on sale.

The pack of 10 green bin lines (80L) are $2.99 after $2 off (reg. $4.99).
A pack of 30 kitchen bin liners, size 7" x 12" (Small) are $8.99 after $3 off (reg. $11.99).

20170815_192913.jpg
20170815_192920.jpg
12 replies
Mar 13, 2006
872 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
How do these compare to the Biosak ones at Costco?
Dec 9, 2015
21 posts
7 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Whattt, I always buy it from home depot thats the only place I've found them and its like 5 bags for a ridiculous price lol.. what costco is this at?

I havn't seen these at Costco Ajax!
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
84 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
claylex wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:32 am
Whattt, I always buy it from home depot thats the only place I've found them and its like 5 bags for a ridiculous price lol.. what costco is this at?

I've seen them at all the Costcos in Ottawa and in London. They're usually in the same aisle as cleaning supplies, unless they put them at an end-aisle display.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
84 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
spooky wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 8:52 am
How do these compare to the Biosak ones at Costco?
I've never used the biodegradable bags, but I've heard a lot of complaints that they rip too easily. The Bag to Earth kitchen liners are made of paper lined with cellulose (plastic-like) and are strong. I've never had one rip.

The green bin liners are a smaller version of a paper yard waste bag that fit in the green bin. They're fine if you replace them every week, but they can get soggy after two weeks. Still, makes it easier to keep the green bin clean.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3620 posts
253 upvotes
Pickering, ON
claylex wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:32 am

Most Costcos I've been to carry an assortment of green bin liners. I buy a box of 100 for $10 . They're thin, but haven't had many, if any, issues with rips.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1092 posts
147 upvotes
I'm against "buying" bags in order to compost for the city... Simply a concept i can't get over with.
Nov 12, 2015
380 posts
410 upvotes
lil_azn wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 12:12 pm
I'm against "buying" bags in order to compost for the city... Simply a concept i can't get over with.
Think of it as composting for the environment not for the city. I usually get the Franks from Canadian tire, and they are basket side 10 c each.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1092 posts
147 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 12:20 pm
Think of it as composting for the environment not for the city. I usually get the Franks from Canadian tire, and they are basket side 10 c each.
The downside of composting are to numerous vs. the little it helps in my opinion. The smell, the insects etc... If only my city were picking them up twice a week instead of once I would do it.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1802 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa
BD006 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 12:08 pm
Most Costcos I've been to carry an assortment of green bin liners. I buy a box of 100 for $10 . They're thin, but haven't had many, if any, issues with rips.
In the Toronto area the compost processing plant can handle the thin biodegradable bags. In the Ottawa area the $#^& company they contracted with reneged on their promise to be able to handle the thin biodegradable bags, disapers, and other things that can be handled in Toronto so we're stuck having to buy these 10x more expensive bags to compost with and the city has done nothing to fine their composting friends.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3620 posts
253 upvotes
Pickering, ON
lil_azn wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 12:22 pm
The downside of composting are to numerous vs. the little it helps in my opinion. The smell, the insects etc... If only my city were picking them up twice a week instead of once I would do it.
So if you don't do it, where does your compost go? In the garbage?

Because if it goes in the garbage, the same issues of smell and insects apply...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1092 posts
147 upvotes
BD006 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 12:32 pm
So if you don't do it, where does your compost go? In the garbage?

Because if it goes in the garbage, the same issues of smell and insects apply...
Not really, being able to use plastic bags that are thicker and more sturdy to leaks totally eliminate the smell and insects...
Dec 9, 2015
21 posts
7 upvotes
Ajax, ON
You are not composting for the city, it's for your environment.

I buy the green lid bins from Canadian tire, the entire bin gets composted instead of using the bio bags and smell soggy compost container.

It works for me. Normally I buy the paper liners for the big outdoor green bin and I dump my green lid contents a few times before I get rid of the entire container. It's not exactly cheap but I never have to deal with smelly bins or bags ripping.

https://www.mygreenlid.com/ .. hope i can find the outdoor bin liners at costco, I'll check again maybe I never noticed them