Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Ecobee3 Lite Smart Thermostat with 2 Room Sensors $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2019 7:42 pm
Oct 19, 2017
9 posts
27 upvotes

[Costco] Ecobee3 Lite Smart Thermostat with 2 Room Sensors $199.99

Spent the last couple days looking for a deal on one of these, normally $229.99 and sensors are sold separately. BestBuy.ca and Amazon.ca both have the thermostat on sale for $199.99 but Costco throws in two sensors - I believe the sensors sell for $80 for a pack of two. Works for me!
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 24th, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
53 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How is this a deal if Costco doesn’t have the pack on sale?

This is Costco’s regular price and they’ve had this product stocked for months now.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2001
1025 posts
298 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
unxetas wrote: Spent the last couple days looking for a deal on one of these, normally $229.99 and sensors are sold separately. BestBuy.ca and Amazon.ca both have the thermostat on sale for $199.99 but Costco throws in two sensors - I believe the sensors sell for $80 for a pack of two. Works for me!
I paid approx $100 for the two sensors as I got the Thermostat free when we had the green energy program. For this price well worth picking up like all the features on the Ecobee 3 Lite and its nice to check the temperature in my master bedroom and guest bedroom.
Oct 19, 2017
9 posts
27 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: How is this a deal if Costco doesn’t have the pack on sale?

This is Costco’s regular price and they’ve had this product stocked for months now.
Dunno. Guess Costco was ahead of the game as everyone else just seems to be catching up right now - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ec ... 08483.aspx? (out of stock, btw)

Nothing came up on the search for other ecobee3 lite sales and if costco's regular price beats bestbuy and amazon's sale price, that's a good enough deal for me, whether or not costco has a "20% off!!!!" sale banner.
Feb 5, 2014
15 posts
1 upvote
London
to be fair, I have seen costco not show that its a sale, even when its limited time/reduced price, most recently with a TV sale
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
unxetas wrote: Dunno. Guess Costco was ahead of the game as everyone else just seems to be catching up right now - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ec ... 08483.aspx? (out of stock, btw)

Nothing came up on the search for other ecobee3 lite sales and if costco's regular price beats bestbuy and amazon's sale price, that's a good enough deal for me, whether or not costco has a "20% off!!!!" sale banner.
Yeah, nearly everything at Costco is a better deal than everywhere else - because Costco. This product price is definitely not a “hot deal” by definition and this is Costco’s regular price.

I don’t get the logic behind this thread, but I know you’re just trying to be helpful to others man. Good luck with the new thermostat!
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
May 11, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
CALGARY
I just picked one of these sets up yesterday. I think 199.99 for ecobee3 lite with the two room modules is a decent price, but costco has had it like this for some time.
One advantage in Alberta is the 75$ energy rebate (https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/online ... ermostats/). Which makes it a decent value (124.99).
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
shrabok wrote: I just picked one of these sets up yesterday. I think 199.99 for ecobee3 lite with the two room modules is a decent price, but costco has had it like this for some time.
One advantage in Alberta is the 75$ energy rebate (https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/online ... ermostats/). Which makes it a decent value (124.99).
This also qualifies for the $100 rebate from Enbridge until dec 31
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Nov 17, 2014
596 posts
608 upvotes
QC
vancityguy0 wrote: Yeah, nearly everything at Costco is a better deal than everywhere else - because Costco. This product price is definitely not a “hot deal” by definition and this is Costco’s regular price.

I don’t get the logic behind this thread, but I know you’re just trying to be helpful to others man. Good luck with the new thermostat!
What a party pooper you are.. The guy is trying to be helpful...
Maybe it gets the attention of someone... It's not as if RFD had so many threads that space was limited. I come 2 times a day once in morning and once evening and threads barely move, some are up'ed... Give this deal a break, you can pass if you don't like it.
Apr 12, 2018
41 posts
34 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: This also qualifies for the $100 rebate from Enbridge until dec 31
Are you sure? Enbridge incentives page doesn't show Costco as eligible purchase place.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
ToMWork wrote: Are you sure? Enbridge incentives page doesn't show Costco as eligible purchase place.
It doesn’t matter where you buy it.
It’s just giving generic suggestions on where you can buy one
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Aug 5, 2012
435 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking for one few months ago. My research found that best price was around $170 with newsletter sign and without sensors, before rebate. $199 is definitely a good deal.
Sep 18, 2008
153 posts
100 upvotes
Guys keep in mind this is the Lite version, you may need the regular Ecobee3 if you own a humidifier as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Don’t forget Costco Hot dog is $1.50 and you get a drink. Hot deal!! Should I make a seperate post for this ?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Aug 3, 2010
362 posts
139 upvotes
I got 3 of these for free (3 different homes) with free installation prior to the Conservatives axing the Ontario program to give more welfare bonuses to the rich.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
Thanks OP I for one am glad you posted this cuz I cannot get this at local Costco in mtl.

For those who have the sensors, what’s your verdict? Is it at all useful?
If I can get the ecobee3 lite for 149 and with sensors for 199 should I get the sensors as well for 50 bucks more or just the thermostat?
Oct 19, 2017
9 posts
27 upvotes
Haha wow. As you might see by my post count, I'm not really here for internet brownie points and I'm not really concerned if this is a hot deal or gets up/down votes. Literally hoping this saves someone else a bit of time as in all my searches, this "regular" Costco price (that thankfully appears to be cheaper or the same as other retailers sale prices) didn't show up once.

Cheers!
Oct 19, 2017
9 posts
27 upvotes
Jessicacha I think it depends on your living arrangements. Honestly they seem a bit of a waste for my specific situation - I have baseboard heaters in the bedrooms that won't be affected by any of this, and the thermostat is in the other main living area. Maybe I'll have a sensor in my ground floor office but chances are if the temp is fine in the living room, it'll be fine downstairs. The more rooms and the more spread out from the thermostat location, the more useful the sensors should be..
Dec 28, 2010
919 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Please share where to get just the Ecobee3 lite for 149 . Don't think we need the sensors for an open concept floor.
Jan 6, 2008
45 posts
21 upvotes
@jessicacha , we have the ecobee from the government program and decided to buy the sensors separately. Our thermostat was situated in the main floor but there is a vent quite near it but we're venting away from the thermostat. I think that the thermostat detects the temperature coming out of the vent rather than the temperature of the open space. By having the sensor in one of the rooms that generally does not get heated/cooled as well as the other rooms and one in the basement, we get a fairer temperature of what goes on in the house and thereby the thermostat turns on/off less than when we just had the thermostat.