Hot Deals

[Costco] Electrolux front load washer and dryer - white - $524.99 each (YMMV) Ontario only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2019 8:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7745 posts
3893 upvotes
ON
kevjp13 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 9:37 pm
The associate didn't bring up membership. they just said the price beat doesn't apply to wholesalers like Costco. Considering a number of people mentioned they did get HD to price match Costco I was pretty annoyed.

I also just contacted HD through text support and I was told Costco is eligible so I just got an unhelpful associate it seems.
Home Depot is as much of a wholesaler as Costco is, that fella must've been a real tool.
May 17, 2007
370 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 7:47 pm
Home Depot is as much of a wholesaler as Costco is, that fella must've been a real tool.
You should report him to the store manager. You'll probably be compensated for more.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4215 posts
2652 upvotes
Does this require stacking kit? Included?
Jan 10, 2005
418 posts
146 upvotes
A bit OT, but does anyone know of a brand/series that still uses mechanical timers and solid state switches? My 2002 Kenmore elite washer dryer pair(also made by electrolux IIRC) is still going strong, and has zero electronic parts.

I will need another washer dryer pair for another location, and would love something with similar simplicity and durability. In fact the only thing I would change is the washer capacity (3.1 cu ft was ok in 2002, but now we have been spoiled with 5+ cu ft machines), and perhaps a gas option for the dryer. It's no secret that unless you mix cement in your washer, 90% of breakdowns is linked to the stupid singing display panel we see in most modern machines.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1700 posts
510 upvotes
pokeyshabadoo wrote:
Sep 29th, 2019 2:09 am
I bought an Electrolux front load washer from Lowe's a few years ago - excellent quality. I won't touch Samsung or LG appliances anymore after many crappy dishwashers and a mediocre dryer.
I have Samsung appliances. Washer and Dryer the basic model. Still going strong after 5 years and they are stacked. The dishwasher still works well after 5 years also but the rack got rusted already just after 1 year. How much better are these Electrolux? I bought the washer and dryer refurb for 800.
Life is tough but so are you
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1537 posts
149 upvotes
MANGLER wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 9:45 am
A bit OT, but does anyone know of a brand/series that still uses mechanical timers and solid state switches? My 2002 Kenmore elite washer dryer pair(also made by electrolux IIRC) is still going strong, and has zero electronic parts.

I will need another washer dryer pair for another location, and would love something with similar simplicity and durability. In fact the only thing I would change is the washer capacity (3.1 cu ft was ok in 2002, but now we have been spoiled with 5+ cu ft machines), and perhaps a gas option for the dryer. It's no secret that unless you mix cement in your washer, 90% of breakdowns is linked to the stupid singing display panel we see in most modern machines.
Solid state switch is an electronic component :p
Jan 10, 2005
418 posts
146 upvotes
popo wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 10:24 am
Solid state switch is an electronic component :p
My bad, I should of said mechanical switches. Definitely something that does not have an lcd display...
Oct 20, 2009
153 posts
51 upvotes
Does this include the stacking kit? Or do we have to buy it Seperate??
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3434 posts
2102 upvotes
Ottawa
MANGLER wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 10:35 am
My bad, I should of said mechanical switches. Definitely something that does not have an lcd display...
Popular in the buyitforlife reddit;

https://www.leons.ca/products/maytag-wh ... N2EALw_wcB
“Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.”
Jan 10, 2005
418 posts
146 upvotes
Konowl wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 11:39 am
Popular in the buyitforlife reddit;

https://www.leons.ca/products/maytag-wh ... N2EALw_wcB
This is the right avenue for sure. The "commercial" rating and the fact it is twice the price of low cost front loads kind of gives you an clue also.

Took a peek at the reddit forum, interesting. Anything similar that is front load? I may have to stack.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3158 posts
1923 upvotes
GTA
MANGLER wrote: This is the right avenue for sure. The "commercial" rating and the fact it is twice the price of low cost front loads kind of gives you an clue also.

Took a peek at the reddit forum, interesting. Anything similar that is front load? I may have to stack.
Costco sells them too. The reviews are mixed at best, nothing spectacular other than retro/hotel looks.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3434 posts
2102 upvotes
Ottawa
Tommy74 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 11:59 am
Costco sells them too. The reviews are mixed at best, nothing spectacular other than retro/hotel looks.
4.7 out of 5 is mixed at best now?
“Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.”
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3158 posts
1923 upvotes
GTA
Konowl wrote: 4.7 out of 5 is mixed at best now?
I didn't mean "all positive" reviews on Costco's website Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes Always try to google model number and real opinion vs those " collected as part of promotion".
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3434 posts
2102 upvotes
Ottawa
Tommy74 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 12:20 pm
I didn't mean "all positive" reviews on Costco's website Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes Always try to google model number and real opinion vs those " collected as part of promotion".
Didn't know costco reviews were collected as part of promotions now lol.