• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 8:30 am
[OP]
Mar 8, 2008
197 posts
126 upvotes
gatineau

Costco electronic (TV) return policy

I recently purchased an M55 E0 Vizio at costco. I love it. But I do have the space for 65". From what I understand, Costco offers 90 return policy on electronics. I'm considering returning it in the new year ESPECIALLY if I see a new deal on the 65" version of this TV. Are there any exceptions or traps with this policy of which I should be aware? If I box it back up, should I expect an issues in returning it?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1615 posts
746 upvotes
GTA
I don't see why not. Costco is way too liberal with their return policy. Heard a horror story of some guy that bought a TV from Costco looked brand new and sealed, and when he opened it up at home, it was literally a different model of TV, broken and covered in bird shit. Somehow the guy who did the bait and switch taped it up so good that Costco return guys didn't even notice. Not sure if the dude ever got caught, but yea, it was a story I heard on here.

I have a friend that works in the Guelph location (University of Guelph) *cough cough* and he tells me horror stories of people buying mattresses, (just for frat parties/squatting) and literally bringing them back in piss stains a week later and get refunded. Costco is too liberal if you ask me.

You should be fine,
[OP]
Mar 8, 2008
197 posts
126 upvotes
gatineau
thx. My return could be remerchandaised to the floor, but it wouldn't appear new unless someone could cover it all in plastic again. I had heard that Costco sold retruned merch in other ways. For example there is a discount store in Gatineau to which I was told Costco returns sends the returns. Could be a local story. lol.
Apr 18, 2017
279 posts
451 upvotes
Very easy. I had one of those awful 55" 4K tvs that were so cheap about 8 months ago. The thing stopped working at about 100 days. They fully refunded me, no questions asked.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7587 posts
1474 upvotes
Costco doesn't resell returns since there is no need for them to, they don't own the stock, returns are cost at the expense of suppliers not Costco.

You can confirm with your fiend on that.
heyyahblah wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 8:47 pm
I don't see why not. Costco is way too liberal with their return policy. Heard a horror story of some guy that bought a TV from Costco looked brand new and sealed, and when he opened it up at home, it was literally a different model of TV, broken and covered in bird shit. Somehow the guy who did the bait and switch taped it up so good that Costco return guys didn't even notice. Not sure if the dude ever got caught, but yea, it was a story I heard on here.

I have a friend that works in the Guelph location (University of Guelph) *cough cough* and he tells me horror stories of people buying mattresses, (just for frat parties/squatting) and literally bringing them back in piss stains a week later and get refunded. Costco is too liberal if you ask me.

You should be fine,
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jul 14, 2013
564 posts
95 upvotes
Bought a TV at Costco recently during BF, along with their 5yr extended warranty. Does that mean I need to keep the box for the next 5yr?
Dec 15, 2015
557 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
Guys, be careful with advice to anyone in Quebec. There retail laws are different and a lot more strict.