Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Energizer 4A Battery Charger - $19.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 11:10 am
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11269 upvotes
tebore wrote: Maybe someone else would know.

I haven't set foot in a Costco since December and don't plan to until Feb when it all dies down. Lol
As long as you stay away from the return desk you'll be fine. If you need to make a return, wear your warmest clothes, you'll be outside for a while, at least that's how my local costco was a few days ago...
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL does Costco ever "die down"? I was around there earlier this evening and checked it out, nope none there. Funny enough the Schumacher 8A one I ordered from Amazon in like November, I got the shipping notification for it today...

Still wouldn't mind finding one of these at Costco...just will have to wait for ppl to post up what GTA locations they are seeing them at, and if it's worth driving over there to get one.
repatch wrote: As long as you stay away from the return desk you'll be fine. If you need to make a return, wear your warmest clothes, you'll be outside for a while, at least that's how my local costco was a few days ago...
Nah it's not just the returns. The return desk is suicide now.
You can't forget the parking lot. The parking lot is a disaster. I'm not willing to get stabbed or shot for a parking spot.

So yeh I guess relatively there's a "dying down".
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
Picked one up on Thursday from Yorkdale (Billy Bishop) location in the GTA. Still more left, maybe 8 or so? Good luck.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Yzord wrote: Picked one up on Thursday from Yorkdale (Billy Bishop) location in the GTA. Still more left, maybe 8 or so? Good luck.
Thanks, got one here today :) I think they had more than 8 there too, there was a whole bunch of them, like maybe 3-4 left in one display box and then a whole other display box underneath it and I think there's 10+ in the display box. It's right beside the "cupholder inverter" thingy which is the same price I believe (there's another thread on that I think). All the other Costcos I went to (three of them, lol!) had only the inverters, no chargers.

Charger seems decent. I looked over the manual which is not really in that great English (some is like Engrish) and though it doesn't give any real specifics as to the voltages used for what modes, it otherwise seems pretty good. The "9-stage" charging is a bit silly though as many of the "stages" can either not really be considered stages or they're just redundant/repetiion so it's more like 4-stage: soft-start/ramp-up, constant current, constant voltage, rest/maintenance.

Edit: A couple of add'l notes about the operation... The LEDs on it are very bright--the "windows" to the LEDs are clear and viewing directly they're very bright because of that (they probably should have used a translucent covering). Also, oddly, the blue display backlight times out as if this thing were running on batteries! I have no idea why it does that--it's plugged in to AC, it should just stay on so the display is always readable. Instead it goes off after like 30s or so leaving you with an unlit display--weird.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Jan 7th, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: Damn, I've been looking for this in BC but doesn't seem like any costcos have any out here.

My POS Noco 3500 kicked the bucket.
Just a tip, Noco will repair your charger even if it's out of warranty (or you lost the receipt, etc.), for a fee. It used to be $25 US I think but it may have increased now to 45% MSRP (which would be $34 USD in the case of the G3500). You should check with them what it will cost. Because you have to pay to ship it to them as well, it may just be cheaper to get a new one when it's on sale. Note the Noco warranty is pretty dumb, it's really only 2.5 years, not 5 years like they tell you. After the first 2.5 years you have to pay a fee. After 5 years/out of warranty the fee increases a bit more.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
ES_Revenge wrote: Just a tip, Noco will repair your charger even if it's out of warranty (or you lost the receipt, etc.), for a fee. It used to be $25 US I think but it may have increased now to 45% MSRP (which would be $34 USD in the case of the G3500). You should check with them what it will cost. Because you have to pay to ship it to them as well, it may just be cheaper to get a new one when it's on sale. Note the Noco warranty is pretty dumb, it's really only 2.5 years, not 5 years like they tell you. After the first 2.5 years you have to pay a fee. After 5 years/out of warranty the fee increases a bit more.

That's pretty lame. Not worth the time at all. Their MSRP is inflated. After shipping + repair costs, it'll definitely be more than the sale price.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
And my unit just died. Display is blank and doesn't charge the battery.

Contacted Energizer Re:Warranty
They need a receipt and they don't cover shipping.
So much for the 5 year warranty.

I'm returning this thing back to Costco. I got just over 6 months out of this thing what a POS I guess that's why it was $20.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)