Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA & AAA $19.99 per twenty ($1 per battery) YMMV IN-STORE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 1:57 pm
Nov 3, 2018
360 posts
169 upvotes

[Costco] Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA & AAA $19.99 per twenty ($1 per battery) YMMV IN-STORE

Was recently in Costco in Newmarket, Ontario and found out Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA's & AAA's packed in 20 for $14.99 (original price is $19.99 - 5$) + tax.

That makes them $ 0.74 each. But even for $19.99 it is a super deal, as far as on Amazon AA's are being sold for $46.99 per twenty.

Just for those who do not know – these are lithium batteries (the best chemistry available for AAA's and AA's).

They are super-efficient, do not leak, have a shelf life for around 20 years (mine are until 2039) and are made in Singapore.

UPD 6 Jan 2020: Updated the post. Now Costco sells them not for $14.99 per 20, but for $19.99 per 20, but still, it is a great deal as the price per battery is $1, while for example, Amazon sells them for $2.25 per battery (in the same 20 batches).
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 9.14.01 PM.png
Last edited by Grau18 on Jan 6th, 2020 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
22 replies
Oct 10, 2006
464 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Also available at Costco Thorncliffe. Picked up 2 packs of AA's and 2 packs of AAA's. Plenty of stock available.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes
Just got a pack for AA and AAA at The Warden and Ellesmere location.
Nov 3, 2018
360 posts
169 upvotes
kevkwan wrote: Also available at Costco Thorncliffe. Picked up 2 packs of AA's and 2 packs of AAA's. Plenty of stock available.
I agree, taking into consideration the 20 year stock life and great pricing – I think it maybe a good idead to make a stash :-)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Only saw aaa when I'd gone to local Ottawa Costco .. Now need 32 AA for exterior doors.. So definitely want these instead of normal ones.. Ugh will have to pay retail
Nov 15, 2012
489 posts
657 upvotes
Mississauga
They are available at Mississauga Costco's as regular stock now, priced at $19.99 for both AA and AAA. The promo was a standard in store coupon 2w ago. I think they will continue to sell them in store, as the other batteries.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
I just ordered on Amazon at 1.49 per piece. 17.87 for 12 pack

Lowe's has sale atm for 14.99 or so for 12 pack.. But I keep reading nonsense about Lowe's not worth headache.. Amazon will be here tomorrow by 9
Nov 20, 2012
322 posts
190 upvotes
OTTAWA
shylok wrote: Only saw aaa when I'd gone to local Ottawa Costco .. Now need 32 AA for exterior doors.. So definitely want these instead of normal ones.. Ugh will have to pay retail
Which ottawa location, merivale?
Jun 13, 2004
280 posts
197 upvotes
Are they rechargeable?

Lithium often has a different voltage than alakalyne, are these still 1.5 volts.

EDIT; not rechargeable, 1.5 volt nominal. https://data.energizer.com/pdfs/l91.pdf
Last edited by Jemm on Jan 6th, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7086 upvotes
West GTEH!
nmitrik wrote: They are available at Mississauga Costco's as regular stock now, priced at $19.99 for both AA and AAA. The promo was a standard in store coupon 2w ago. I think they will continue to sell them in store, as the other batteries.
Yes. $14.99 sale price was @2-3 weeks ago. Back to normal price $19.99.

Mods should move this to Expired Deals.
😎
Nov 3, 2018
360 posts
169 upvotes
shylok wrote: Only saw aaa when I'd gone to local Ottawa Costco .. Now need 32 AA for exterior doors.. So definitely want these instead of normal ones.. Ugh will have to pay retail
Do you use them in electronic locks? Just check the instruction for them as far as I know some lock manufactures explicitly recomnd Alkalines because of the different discharge profile (alkalines has less 'power', but their voltage drops not so quickly making it possible for the lock to report the alkaline batteries are low, while if you use these ones - they might work longer, but when they are low – they make locks inoperable instantly without any possible warnings) :)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Grau18 wrote: Do you use them in electronic locks? Just check the instruction for them as far as I know some lock manufactures explicitly recomnd Alkalines because of the different discharge profile (alkalines has less 'power', but their voltage drops not so quickly making it possible for the lock to report the alkaline batteries are low, while if you use these ones - they might work longer, but when they are low – they make locks inoperable instantly without any possible warnings) :)
Oh wow. Lol. I'll read the manual. That would be very unfortunate. What's the next best alkaline battery if you happen to know?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
cruban wrote: Which ottawa location, merivale?
That was Barrhaven
Nov 3, 2018
360 posts
169 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Yes. $14.99 sale price was @2-3 weeks ago. Back to normal price $19.99.

Mods should move this to Expired Deals.
If you check Amazon ($46.99 per 20) or any other retailer, the price for the 20 of these (and per battery) would be twice as much, rather than Costco's offer $20 per twenty (even without that extra -5$ discount). So I think that is still the deal.

P.S. Even if you buy the batch of 100 from Amazon - still the price would be $2.25 per battery, while Costco offers it literally $1 per battery in 20 packs.. I am not sure any other retailer can beat the price.
Nov 3, 2018
360 posts
169 upvotes
shylok wrote: Oh wow. Lol. I'll read the manual. That would be very unfortunate. What's the next best alkaline battery if you happen to know?
I prefer having Eneloop rechargeables for something which requires the frequent exchange of batteries, then I use these Energizer Lithium's for something like TV remote control (doesn't make sence using rechangebles in such scenario). But personaly for the external locks recently I bought Duracell Optimum (also Cotsto's deal) but can not share any feedback as for now :) Before used IKEAS alkalines at they were good in the locks.
Banned
Jun 17, 2010
153 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
I refuse to buy batteries of any kind at Costco because they are the only ones who add an enviro fee of $1 to $3 per pack
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Grau18 wrote: I prefer having Eneloop rechargeables for something which requires the frequent exchange of batteries, then I use these Energizer Lithium's for something like TV remote control (doesn't make sence using rechangebles in such scenario). But personaly for the external locks recently I bought Duracell Optimum (also Cotsto's deal) but can not share any feedback as for now :) Before used IKEAS alkalines at they were good in the locks.
Reading the manual it did state alkaline so thanks for heads up, I bought Rayovac Fusion based on what I read in forums.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
decee wrote: I refuse to buy batteries of any kind at Costco because they are the only ones who add an enviro fee of $1 to $3 per pack
Currently there are no enviro fees in in Ontario. What are you talking about? I believe there have never been enviro fees for batteries.