Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco ESP eyewear sunglasses, E-Shield OTG, OVER regular eyeglasses fit, $36.79

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2013 2:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6754 posts
754 upvotes

[Costco] Costco ESP eyewear sunglasses, E-Shield OTG, OVER regular eyeglasses fit, $36.79

I was pleased to find these today at a Western Costco - Costo Item # 254688 - Unisex sunglasses, 2 colors available, 'gray' tone and a 'brown' tone (personally, I hate the way the brown makes everything look... too bright IMO. ESP111G is the model I have now. I think it's a pretty good deal, what with the quality of these.

They quickly, easily fit over regular glasses, I do like that. Because they are wrap-arounds, they have good coverage on the sides. On the box it states "Melanin enhances contrast without color distortion. Blocks 100% of harmful uva/uvb radiation. Blocks 99% of glare. Shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses."

"See for yourself the difference Melanin Polarized makes!"

"Why Melanin?"
*"Filters the damaging high-energy visible light."
*"Acts as a shield against harmful UV and HEV."
*"Reduces the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration."
*"Lenses enhance contrast and allow sharp vision of details."
*"Combines with polarization for the ultimate in eye protection."

$36.79 a pair, they are made by ESP eyewear, looks like the website is still in progress. www.espeyewear.com
There are a lot of patents shown on the box, and more patents pending.

It also includes a sunglass cord (black) for around the neck, that snaps into the template ends, and a microfiber bag, in black.

Edited to add: The guy in the picture must have a pretty small face shape - IRL they don't look that 'huge.' The female model is doing a better job making them look like a reasonable, fashionable size. On the website you can look at the brown tone design. The black design has very nice subtle gray/silver tone striping along the frames.
13 replies
Apr 18, 2008
746 posts
185 upvotes
Mississauga
What's the difference between these and the ~$25 ones you find near the pharmacy at Walmart or Shopper's? I have a pair of those in the car when I'm driving with my regular glasses on. While they're not marketed as such, I think they're mainly for people that have had eye surgery and require protection around the edges from strong sunlight.
Jan 9, 2009
375 posts
45 upvotes
Markham
Saturate wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 12:58 am
What's the difference between these and the ~$25 ones you find near the pharmacy at Walmart or Shopper's? I have a pair of those in the car when I'm driving with my regular glasses on. While they're not marketed as such, I think they're mainly for people that have had eye surgery and require protection around the edges from strong sunlight.
No difference.

Quite overpriced imo.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2472 posts
115 upvotes
Brampton
are the shoppers ones also polarized? I could use these skiing this weekend. The colour choices refer to lens colour? If so id prefer yellowish lenses, helps with contrast imo.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
1967 posts
477 upvotes
Halifax
Walmart has carried for years, now a large range of sizes and shapes of clipon polarized sunglasses (four small clips around the outer edge). The prices are from $12.95 to $16.95 typically.
If you have thicker frames you may have to take a pair of needle nose pliers and adjust the little clips.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9917 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
There are horrible, saw them there this weekend and tried a pair on, and it wouldn't stay on my nose.

Pass.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6034 posts
659 upvotes
Ajax
They are really good - no issues. Been using them for about 3 years now.

^ Having a bigger nose helps..lol
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6754 posts
754 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 7:40 pm
There are horrible, saw them there this weekend and tried a pair on, and it wouldn't stay on my nose.

Pass.
I have a really small nose, and they stay up on me - maybe that's cuz I have a big head, lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6754 posts
754 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 7:45 pm
They are really good - no issues. Been using them for about 3 years now.

^ Having a bigger nose helps..lol
Thanks, good to know they are durable; is it the same brand?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
1905 posts
164 upvotes
Vancouver
I thought there were 2 pairs on the package for this price.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6754 posts
754 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 7:56 pm
I thought there were 2 pairs on the package for this price.
It's only one pair. Compared to The Shopping Brand channel ones (different brand) it's a better price.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I just bought a pair of these...they're quite comfortable and I think they look good. They are a little pricey, but if it protects your eyes then it's worth it. I didn't like the brown..went with the gray...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1365 posts
332 upvotes
Does all costcos have them in the GTA? ....specifically in Ajax or Markham?
× < >