• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 9:13 am
[OP]
Apr 26, 2016
122 posts
21 upvotes

Costco exchange policy

So I bought a Sony 55' XBR from Costco during boxing week sale and now having second thoughts and wanting to exchange it for the 65'.

Will Costco be able exchange it for the 65' plus the price difference based on the prices during the boxing week when it was on sale?
7 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
AFAIK, Costco doesn't do exchanges. You just get a refund for the item you returned, and then you buy the item you want at the current price.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2770 posts
1395 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:51 pm
AFAIK, Costco doesn't do exchanges. You just get a refund for the item you returned, and then you buy the item you want at the current price.
This

Besides...show me a Retailer who is going to honour a sale price that happened weeks ago... let alone because you returned an item “you happened to buy” during that sale

Not sure WHY some RFDers think this way... but you are not alone.

You bought X on Sale for 50% Off
Now you want to bring back X... and ask for Y at 50% Off
Uh, no
[OP]
Apr 26, 2016
122 posts
21 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 12:45 am
This

Besides...show me a Retailer who is going to honour a sale price that happened weeks ago... let alone because you returned an item “you happened to buy” during that sale

Not sure WHY some RFDers think this way... but you are not alone.

You bought X on Sale for 50% Off
Now you want to bring back X... and ask for Y at 50% Off
Uh, no
It's always worth trying :D
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1986 posts
971 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
ArsenalFanatic wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:39 pm
So I bought a Sony 55' XBR from Costco during boxing week sale and now having second thoughts and wanting to exchange it for the 65'.

Will Costco be able exchange it for the 65' plus the price difference based on the prices during the boxing week when it was on sale?
They will refund you the 55" and you'll go in and buy the 65". If it's not on sale now you missed the sale price. As has already been written, Costco doesn't do exchanges. They do price guarantee within (I think it is) 14 days) but other than that it's refund and rebuy.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2627 posts
1448 upvotes
ArsenalFanatic wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:39 pm

No exchanges at Costco... Even if you had bought the TV at regular price, you'd have to return it and buy the other one - no way to exchange and pay the difference.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2016
122 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks everyone. Hopefully the 65' goes on sale before the 90 days are out.