None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1111 posts
277 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Costco] Fat Choy Double Yolk Mooncakes

How are these compared to the reputable brands from Hong Kong like Wing Wah, Maxim, Boss, etc.?

From experience, the cheaper branded mooncakes are incomparable to the premium brands, but again, this is sold from Costco, so there must be some standard. If anyone has tried these and can chime in then that would be awesome!

Images
  • IMG_3710.jpg
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7351 posts
6304 upvotes
Costco seems to have changed to a different supplier this year (at least here in Ontario) . Not Fat Choy any more. These ones you don't taste the lotus as much, compared to Fat Choy. BUT the new one is back to the $10 price range

OP is that an old photo or one you just took at your local Costco? If it's a current photo where?

I prefer Fat Choy Brand over Wing Wah and other brands. Good price and strong lotus taste.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1111 posts
277 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Wizard1 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:02 pm
Costco seems to have changed to a different supplier this year (at least here in Ontario) . Not Fat Choy any more. These ones you don't taste the lotus as much, compared to Fat Choy. BUT the new one is back to the $10 price range

OP is that an old photo or one you just took at your local Costco? If it's a current photo where?

I prefer Fat Choy Brand over Wing Wah and other brands. Good price and strong lotus taste.
Whereabouts are you?

I just bought 4 cases of Fay Choy branded Moon cakes in Vancouver a few days ago. I can take some pics for you.

The pic in the post was from Google Images.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7351 posts
6304 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 8:20 pm
Whereabouts are you?

I just bought 4 cases of Fay Choy branded Moon cakes in Vancouver a few days ago. I can take some pics for you.

The pic in the post was from Google Images.
Damn that sucks.....I like Fat Choy Brand more than the one they're using here in Ontario.
Apr 8, 2006
707 posts
145 upvotes
Bought these and they are not good. Never again. I got the variety one and they also have plum paste one too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1111 posts
277 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
xpressmerchant wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:58 pm
Bought these and they are not good. Never again. I got the variety one and they also have plum paste one too.
Really? I've only seen and had the Lotus Seed one. I thought they were pretty decent compared to Maxim and Boss.
Apr 8, 2006
707 posts
145 upvotes
Bought them at the montreal costco. They had the variety pack that has red bean paste, plum paste (bitter taste), lotus paste and mixed nut. Didn't like it. I bought other brand in chinese supermarket for $2 more on sale and they taste way better.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1251 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone seen this VARIETY PACK in Toronto area recently??? We love the one pack but can't find any more in our markham one.
"Life is short, running makes it seem longer."
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Dogs aren't our whole lives......they just make our lives whole.
[INDENT]RIP My sweet angel 94-12[/INDENT]
Dec 14, 2010
408 posts
93 upvotes
Went to my local costco and they were sold out. Staff checked for me and said only the Richmond Hill (Elgin Mills) and business centre have some left.