None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1000 posts
212 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Costco] Fat Choy Double Yolk Mooncakes

How are these compared to the reputable brands from Hong Kong like Wing Wah, Maxim, Boss, etc.?

From experience, the cheaper branded mooncakes are incomparable to the premium brands, but again, this is sold from Costco, so there must be some standard. If anyone has tried these and can chime in then that would be awesome!

Images
  • IMG_3710.jpg
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7222 posts
6038 upvotes
Costco seems to have changed to a different supplier this year (at least here in Ontario) . Not Fat Choy any more. These ones you don't taste the lotus as much, compared to Fat Choy. BUT the new one is back to the $10 price range

OP is that an old photo or one you just took at your local Costco? If it's a current photo where?

I prefer Fat Choy Brand over Wing Wah and other brands. Good price and strong lotus taste.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1000 posts
212 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Wizard1 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:02 pm
Costco seems to have changed to a different supplier this year (at least here in Ontario) . Not Fat Choy any more. These ones you don't taste the lotus as much, compared to Fat Choy. BUT the new one is back to the $10 price range

OP is that an old photo or one you just took at your local Costco? If it's a current photo where?

I prefer Fat Choy Brand over Wing Wah and other brands. Good price and strong lotus taste.
Whereabouts are you?

I just bought 4 cases of Fay Choy branded Moon cakes in Vancouver a few days ago. I can take some pics for you.

The pic in the post was from Google Images.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7222 posts
6038 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 8:20 pm
Whereabouts are you?

I just bought 4 cases of Fay Choy branded Moon cakes in Vancouver a few days ago. I can take some pics for you.

The pic in the post was from Google Images.
Damn that sucks.....I like Fat Choy Brand more than the one they're using here in Ontario.
Apr 8, 2006
640 posts
121 upvotes
Bought these and they are not good. Never again. I got the variety one and they also have plum paste one too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1000 posts
212 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
xpressmerchant wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:58 pm
Bought these and they are not good. Never again. I got the variety one and they also have plum paste one too.
Really? I've only seen and had the Lotus Seed one. I thought they were pretty decent compared to Maxim and Boss.
Apr 8, 2006
640 posts
121 upvotes
Bought them at the montreal costco. They had the variety pack that has red bean paste, plum paste (bitter taste), lotus paste and mixed nut. Didn't like it. I bought other brand in chinese supermarket for $2 more on sale and they taste way better.