[OP]
Mar 28, 2011
366 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Feit Electric Decora Slide Dimmer - 2 pack - $10.99

Costco has these 2 pack slide dimmers for $18.99-$8 instant energy rebate

Last month it was $19.99 with no rebate

If it works for you with no buzz then $6 each is great, otherwise you will pay more for Lutron or Leviton dimmers

Limit 10 devices for max rebate so limit 5 pack per transaction
Images
  • IMG_1809.JPG
  • IMG_1810.JPG
  • image.jpg
27 replies
Jan 14, 2017
86 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
I know there were some issues with the Leviton dimmers from CT and the 1 second switch delay. Anyone have experience with these?
Dec 13, 2016
14 posts
9 upvotes
I picked up these dimmers to go with the $25 LED ceiling light they have at Costco. Originally bought 1 dimmer for $16.xx at Home Depot, which didn't include faceplate or marettes, which the Costco pack does include, makes it even that much more worth it.

Installed and works great. Has a dial on the inside that allows you to adjust the max/min of the dimmer. Faceplate is newer no visible screws style.

Very worth the price.
Mar 28, 2004
28 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
gr33nscr33n wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:16 pm
I know there were some issues with the Leviton dimmers from CT and the 1 second switch delay. Anyone have experience with these?
I have 4 of these- 3 on pot lights and 1 on pendant lights - no issue at all and would buy again. I would have paid the $20 for 2, but was happy that it was down to 10.99 this week.
Nov 9, 2007
327 posts
140 upvotes
Scarborough
Tried this 2 pack last time would cause flickering with my pot lights that had the Luminous GU10 bulbs that are always sold at Costco. It would dim, but there was a super annoying minor flickering at most levels. Could possibly be my home's wiring...

Got the leviton slide/switches which have a half second delay but works perfectly.
Mar 2, 2008
185 posts
95 upvotes
Penticton
Who is providing the rebate? Is it ON only?

I have a couple of these dimmers, one of them is on a 3-way switch. They seem to work fine with dimmable LEDs and CFLs. My only complaint is when I have to reach around a corner while entering a room to turn on the light; my hand seems to scrape a bit on the dimmer slider. A minor inconvenience, and I'll likely adapt and adjust my aim in the future. Just something to be aware of. I've used the Leviton switches with the dimmer on the side and don't have the same issue. Of course those dimmers are almost 10x the price of these.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2678 posts
13466 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
ON only. I think it is the government doing the rebate.
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Jul 27, 2006
743 posts
198 upvotes
Moncton
digitalcomatose wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:24 pm
I have 4 of these- 3 on pot lights and 1 on pendant lights - no issue at all and would buy again.
Same here. I actually just installed one last night. When I first turned it on there was an obvious buzz, but I realized it was because I still had CFL bulbs installed. I swapped those out for dimmable LEDs and all was good.
Jul 23, 2011
84 posts
67 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I bought some last year at rebate time in Mb and they haven't lasted. On off switch breaks easily.
Oct 19, 2016
17 posts
15 upvotes
For anyone in Nova Scotia, the Efficiency NS discount is running on these until Oct 29th. HOWEVER they are $13.49 here.. (19.49-6.00 instant rebate) the package is slightly different then pictured as they blue not green but I believe they are identical item.
Jul 17, 2009
35 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Kaida9 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 7:35 am
I bought some last year at rebate time in Mb and they haven't lasted. On off switch breaks easily.
I had the same experience with last summer’s model from Feit. Within 8-10 months of use, there was no resistance when trying to switch on, thus rendering the switch useless. Once this happened on a second switch, I removed them all and returned them.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1188 posts
307 upvotes
I tried these earlier this year and returned them. For me the dealbreaker was that when turning the lights on using the on/off switch, they don't come on if the slider is at a low level. You'd have to slide it up to about halfway then dim them back down. If you're ok with that this dimmer is probably ok. There is also a version of the Leviton dimmer without the switch.

It was mentioned in a similar thread last year (#103)
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 2041485/7/
Mar 9, 2014
198 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
I have last summer's model. It buzzes with most LEDs at low brightness, however it has no issue with the FEIT LED from Canadian Tire.
Jul 23, 2011
84 posts
67 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hallmark wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 8:11 am
I had the same experience with last summer’s model from Feit. Within 8-10 months of use, there was no resistance when trying to switch on, thus rendering the switch useless. Once this happened on a second switch, I removed them all and returned them.
Good to know, I thought it was the kids....
I'll return them then.
Aug 3, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
Hallmark wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 8:11 am
Exact same issue for us too. We used 12 of these switches and 4 of them are already gone. Even with mild use these switches doesn't last. Please look for something else.