Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Fido: Huawei P20 $250 small plan and $200 Costco card

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2018 3:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Fido: Huawei P20 $250 small plan and $200 Costco card

There's a lot of love for this phone in a koodo thread at $360 on medium tab. I just came back from Costco and picked up this phone for $250 on a small pulse plan for Fido. It included $200 in Costco cash cards which I used to pay for part of the phone. That makes the phone $82+$35 activation fee (YMMV getting it reimbursed). There's a $500 device subsidy on your account so this isn't for anyone looking to pick up the phone to flip or buy and leave fido.
Note: This was for a HUP, not a new activation
Last edited by jindogae on Oct 18th, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12837 posts
135173 upvotes
888888 upvotes
When you cancel, you have to pay full price. Not like Koodo. No deal. I suggest you guys to wait for BF for extra GC at Koodo.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1112 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: When you cancel, you have to pay full price. Not like Koodo. No deal. I suggest you guys to wait for BF for extra GC at Koodo.
Still a very good deal for people not looking to buy & sell on Kijiji
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12837 posts
135173 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Paroxetine wrote: Still a very good deal for people not looking to buy & sell on Kijiji
You don't have to sell it. You can still use the phone without selling it. Fido small plans are ridiculous.
Apr 3, 2015
247 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Might just jump on this. I recently changed to a $40 5GB loyalty plan and have not yet signed a contract.
Jan 15, 2016
225 posts
67 upvotes
Oakville, ON
God bless koodo.
I love my 8GB data+ unlimited nationwide plan+ 180 dollars bill credit+ Samsung A8 on medium tab (360 +tax=406) with 300 dollars gift card.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4211 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I went on Fido's website just out of curiosity, clicked on 'Plans' and could not even find the word 'pulse' on the page. What the heck is a pulse plan? I don't know but as a Koodo customer, I feel Fido's plans are way too complicated or maybe I'm just too dumb to ever be a Fido customer.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Well I'm both a Fido and Koodo customer. I purchased the p20 from Koodo on a medium tab but then also bought it from Fido with the deal from Costco. Since I'm planning on keeping my plans for the full 2 years the Fido deal works out much better for me ($100 vs $400).
I believe the pulse plans are just plans that include an extra hour of data 5 times a month on top of whatever amount of data your plan has. You have to go into your fido app to activate it and you can use as much data as you want/can in that hour without using any of the data from your plan.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5656 posts
9601 upvotes
BC
jindogae wrote: Well I'm both a Fido and Koodo customer. I purchased the p20 from Koodo on a medium tab but then also bought it from Fido with the deal from Costco. Since I'm planning on keeping my plans for the full 2 years the Fido deal works out much better for me ($100 vs $400).
I believe the pulse plans are just plans that include an extra hour of data 5 times a month on top of whatever amount of data your plan has. You have to go into your fido app to activate it and you can use as much data as you want/can in that hour without using any of the data from your plan.
What's your plan on Fido vs plan on Koodo?
Feb 16, 2017
396 posts
385 upvotes
Good deal. Mid tier phone for low tier price.
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
What's the fido plan op. That's the missing info here
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
My 2 plans are quite similar, both are unlimited calling and messaging.
Fido has 5gb
Koodo has 6gb
I should note that this was a HUP and not a new activation on fido.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Thatdealguy wrote: When you cancel, you have to pay full price. Not like Koodo. No deal. I suggest you guys to wait for BF for extra GC at Koodo.
I think he is not canceling the plan.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12837 posts
135173 upvotes
888888 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: I think he is not canceling the plan.
Yes, he is not.
Aug 5, 2017
31 posts
312 upvotes
I have never bothered to look at the phone section at Costco so I am not familiar with the process.
I have a small plan but currently acting like a BYOD. I can use my existing small plan to subsidize the P20 that comes with a $200 Costco card?
Sep 11, 2006
207 posts
8 upvotes
jindogae wrote: There's a lot of love for this phone in a koodo thread at $360 on medium tab. I just came back from Costco and picked up this phone for $250 on a small pulse plan for Fido. It included $200 in Costco cash cards which I used to pay for part of the phone. That makes the phone $82+$35 activation fee (YMMV getting it reimbursed). There's a $500 device subsidy on your account so this isn't for anyone looking to pick up the phone to flip or buy and leave fido.
Note: This was for a HUP, not a new activation
Can't find the deal on costco online. They offer a $275 costco cash card on a 2yr large plan.
Is this an in store only promo?
Apr 14, 2017
105 posts
120 upvotes
Are you sure it's a P20? not the P20 Lite version from Huawei??
jindogae wrote: My 2 plans are quite similar, both are unlimited calling and messaging.
Fido has 5gb
Koodo has 6gb
I should note that this was a HUP and not a new activation on fido.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
creoledude wrote: Can't find the deal on costco online. They offer a $275 costco cash card on a 2yr large plan.
Is this an in store only promo?
It wasn't posted at the kiosk either. I asked if there were any deals on Fido phones with a small plan and this is what he offered.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1794 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
grabAdeal wrote: Are you sure it's a P20? not the P20 Lite version from Huawei??
100% this is the p20. I have it in my possession.