Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 3300 inverter generator $599

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2018 7:00 pm
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes

[Costco] Firman 3300 inverter generator $599

Great deal on a inverter generator, can run most trailers including air conditioner. Take off another $20 with masterpass.
Price match with Home Depot for an additional $60 off price. Came to $610 taxes in.
Last edited by Susanclark on May 21st, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
126 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka
Masterpass still going?
Public Mobile
Apr 2, 2015
495 posts
744 upvotes
Siberia
Wow, that is an awesome deal, most places sell no name 2000w generators for more then this.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
Pull the trigger before this is OOS, I know this is not Honda, but at least I will get 3 year plus 1 year credit card warranty, as opposed to buying a used Honda at $1000+.
Currently happy customer with Koodo, Roger and Virgin Mobile.
Apr 18, 2017
491 posts
344 upvotes
Is this firman any better than the 3300w champion that was on sale last year for 700?
Oct 29, 2006
917 posts
632 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: Pull the trigger before this is OOS, I know this is not Honda, but at least I will get 3 year plus 1 year credit card warranty, as opposed to buying a used Honda at $1000+.
Credit card warranty doesn’t cover anything with a motor.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Below is the most commonly used exclusion list, and I suppose generators would be covered. Best check with your credit card extended warranty insurer.
automobiles, motorboats, airplanes, motorcycles,
motorscooters, snowblowers, riding lawnmowers, golf
carts, lawn tractors or any other motorized vehicles
including motorized wheelchairs (except for miniature
electrically powered vehicles intended for recreational
use by children) and any of their respective parts or
accessories...
Last edited by philharmonic on May 21st, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5077 posts
2788 upvotes
Edmonton
Seems like a pretty good price. In the past years invertor generators have been alot more expensive than this, and certainly alot smaller capacity.

Course, depends on if you really need something lightweight as this thing is about 82lb, and a small honda 1000 is under 30 lbs. and the 2000 under 50lbs.
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
U4IA wrote: Seems like a pretty good price. In the past years invertor generators have been alot more expensive than this, and certainly alot smaller capacity.

Course, depends on if you really need something lightweight as this thing is about 82lb, and a small honda 1000 is under 30 lbs. and the 2000 under 50lbs.

True enough, but 1000 and 2000 watt units will not power AC
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
Did they charge for shipping? Usually theirs a pretty hefty shipping charge for generators.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2951 posts
1061 upvotes
Susanclark wrote: Did they charge for shipping? Usually theirs a pretty hefty shipping charge for generators.
Shipping would have been free, but it would have taken a couple of weeks; if I recall they said up to 14/15 days (no big deal) but I just sent it to the HD near me. The issue is that if I'm not at home, and they hold it at the depot, it's across town and it would be a major PITA to go and get it, this way it's at the HD and when I go pick it up I can also check if there is any damage which makes it easier to deal with.

It's around 95lbs though, so be aware of that, most people I know won't be able to lift that much (not to mention UP into a car/truck) but HD staff will help you to load in the car. Looks like the box is 27H x 19W x 20D
May 18, 2010
20 posts
3 upvotes
vancouver
Good genny. I've had this for a year. I upgraded from a non inverter and am quite impressed by Firman quality. It's not overly loud... Only complaint is that the gas tanks on inverters are super small compared to regular ones
Aug 13, 2016
149 posts
138 upvotes
Great inverter. Can be a little loud when loaded up. It's not to heavy and wheels on it are great
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
philharmonic wrote: Credit card warranty doesn’t cover anything with a motor.
Didn't know that, thank you!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2753 posts
1624 upvotes
Ontario
vodka wrote: There is another thread, also on generators, I posted this deal (not saying it's double post, but FYI people discussing inverter vs regular generator).
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadian ... #p29348727

Had HD meet and beat the price just today, ordered for $540+tax from HD.
Thanks for the heads up, I've also got a price match with another 10% off from HD, I will now cancel the Costco order. You have saved me $60 plus tax!
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: Thanks for the heads up, I've also got a price match with another 10% off from HD, I will now cancel the Costco order. You have saved me $60 plus tax!
I ordered from Home Depot as well, thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2951 posts
1061 upvotes
They called me back to cancel the order telling me that if I ship it to the store (to pick up) they cannot price match - never heard of this before, anyone else? - and that they will re-order and deliver to my house (it's free shipping).

She told me it would be UPS and between 3 - 14 days. Original order was cancelled and a new order placed; when I checked the order status it was in fact price matched, total with tax $619.73 (quebec) which is an awesome price for this. Got emails with the orders placed, and cancelled, etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1994 posts
1567 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks OP. Ordered one using masterpass.
Apr 6, 2008
589 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
TomLafinsky wrote: To all of you who are buying a gen, make sure to do the break-in of the engine after you have received your unit. First, the time to do a break-in is now, not when you will need the gen during a blackout. Second, it will give you the opportunity to test your unit. Check owner's manual for duration of break-in (usually 5 hours).

When doing the break-in of the engine, use the 'old' type of oil, do not use synthetic. Use up to 50% of its rated power (continuous not peak) and vary the demand every 30 minutes. I used a hair dryer at max (1400W -1500W) and reduced the hair dryer to lowest every 30 minutes for about 10 minutes. After the break-in change the oil and use synthetic oil.
Thanks for this can you please elaborate on the benefits of breaking in now? I'm wondering because it would mean also adding stabilizer to the gas tank...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)