• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2016 11:18 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Pizza Nova is completely different...they make their dough and sauce from scratch. How does having 3 toppings magically make it better? Crap dough makes crap pizza. Oh wait, you like pizza pizza lol.
I don't like Pizza Pizza.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Pizza Nova is completely different...they make their dough and sauce from scratch. How does having 3 toppings magically make it better? Crap dough makes crap pizza. Oh wait, you like pizza pizza lol.
The 3 topping pizza at Costco still manages to taste like a Pizza Nova Pizza slice, but with the sauce, cheese and toppings placed on crappy dough.
It's a sad shame they couldn't get the dough right. Everything else seems so close.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: The 3 topping pizza at Costco still manages to taste like a Pizza Nova Pizza slice, but with the sauce, cheese and toppings placed on crappy dough.
It's a sad shame they couldn't get the dough right. Everything else seems so close.
Clearly your palette is lacking. It tastes nothing like Pizza Nova to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: Gradual change, not instant change.
Perhaps part of the motivation for this change is to get more people to (hopefully) say yes to their Costco Mastercard credit card.
It's not compulsory, but it does blend in well with their sales pitch..."...and if you're all out of cash after all that shopping, but you're still hungry, you can use our credit card to pay for food in our food court now..."
(even though any mastercard will do just fine)
Yeah, I know it's a gradual change. Just wanted to point it out to people who might expect otherwise at that location.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1298 posts
1125 upvotes
Costco Brossard has the credit card terminals now. So easy to just tap and go. I also noticed they changed their ice cream machine though. The swirl is visibly different, makes big loopy swirls like dairy Queen and it tastes more like frozen yogourt. Too bad I preferred the real cream.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Do they take any Mastercard or only the Costco Mastercard? I'm not a member but have been using the food court lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
ar2020 wrote: Do they take any Mastercard or only the Costco Mastercard? I'm not a member but have been using the food court lol.
Any MasterCard will be accepted.
May 7, 2008
823 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Yup I completely agree - no way that it tastes anything close to a Pizza Nova pizza.

playnicee1 - I probably eat a Pizza Nova pizza twice a month...it's my go-to cheap pizza....that 3 topping pizza at Costco tastes like cardboard - complete garbage...you couldn't pay me to eat that again.
LNahid2000 wrote: Clearly your palette is lacking. It tastes nothing like Pizza Nova to me.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
antihero wrote: Yup I completely agree - no way that it tastes anything close to a Pizza Nova pizza.

playnicee1 - I probably eat a Pizza Nova pizza twice a month...it's my go-to cheap pizza....that 3 topping pizza at Costco tastes like cardboard - complete garbage...you couldn't pay me to eat that again.
Yeah, the crust would do that.
The sauce and cheese alone deserve better credit though.
If they're using Kirkland brand, it did not seem that way.
At least we are in agreement that the crust is really bad.
I'm even willing to agree that the pepperoni could perhaps be better, but something about the taste of the sauce, cheese and select other toppings really gave it a pizza Nova feeling/taste.