[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
122 posts
201 upvotes

[Costco/Ford] Get $1000 off a new Ford for being a Costco member

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 28, 2018
On select 2017/2018 vehicles. If you're a Costco member and in the market for a new Ford, don't forget to cash in on this extra incentive.

* Offer only valid from December 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 (the "Offer Period") to resident Canadians with an eligible Costco™ membership on or before November 30, 2017. Receive $1,000 towards the purchase or lease of a new 2017/2018 Ford models (excluding Focus, Fiesta, C-MAX, F-150 Raptor, Shelby® GT350/GT350R Mustang, Ford GT, EcoSport, Cutaway/Chassis Cab and F-650/F-750) (each an “Eligible Vehicle”). Limit one (1) offer per each Eligible Vehicle purchase or lease, up to a maximum of two (2) separate Eligible Vehicle sales per Costco™ Membership Number. Offer is transferable to persons domiciled with an eligible Costco™ member. Applicable taxes calculated before the offer amount is deducted. Limited time offer. Offers only valid at participating dealers. Retail offers may be cancelled or changed at any time without notice. For factory orders, a customer may either take advantage of eligible raincheckable Ford retail customer promotional incentives/offers available at the time of vehicle factory order or time of vehicle delivery, but not both or combinations thereof. Retail offers not combinable with any CPA/GPC or Daily Rental incentives, the Commercial Upfit Program or the Commercial Fleet Incentive Program (CFIP). See your Ford Dealer for complete details or call the Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673.
28 replies
Nov 30, 2012
240 posts
142 upvotes
Burnaby
I always wonder about the true value of "memberships" on price negotiated items. Let's suppose I walk into a Ford dealer and negotiate a price without disclosing I'm a Costco member. At the end, I say "OK I'm a Costco member so I'm entitled to another $1K off" -- would they actually honor it??
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1365 posts
415 upvotes
First 3 car payments are also included on select vehicles up to $1500.
May 3, 2008
934 posts
293 upvotes
Perth
"(excluding Focus, Fiesta, C-MAX, F-150 Raptor, Shelby® GT350/GT350R Mustang, Ford GT, EcoSport, Cutaway/Chassis Cab and F-650/F-750)" - WTF???
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
1270 posts
430 upvotes
Alliston, ON
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:32 pm
I always wonder about the true value of "memberships" on price negotiated items. Let's suppose I walk into a Ford dealer and negotiate a price without disclosing I'm a Costco member. At the end, I say "OK I'm a Costco member so I'm entitled to another $1K off" -- would they actually honor it??
Usually they factor it into the price already or ask you up front, but yes they would honor it after the fact. I think the dealer is reimbursed by Ford anyways.
Nov 16, 2015
145 posts
319 upvotes
Calgary
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
They're sneakier than you. When you negotiate the price, they will have a line item for "costco discount". If you don't have a membership, it now costs you 1k more.

Source: from buying Fords.
Mike| Wordpress Developer | Small Business Marketing & SEO
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1897 posts
417 upvotes
Edmonton
Excludes Ford GT. Darn......
Apr 20, 2017
46 posts
10 upvotes
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Ford reimburses the dealership for this so if they don't factor it into the price they give you, they will honour it. They will try and use this to make you think your getting a better deal though. You need to use something like Unhaggle to find out the actual dealer invoice cost, then subtract any allowances or incentives as these come from Ford. Then add $200-$1000 to that price for dealer profit and that's the price you should pay for the vehicle.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16252 posts
4922 upvotes
Ottawa
The discount is over and above what you can get from the factory and the dealership.
Only thing, it's taken off after taxes.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1808 posts
700 upvotes
GTA
Too bad they don't offer the same Costco return policy on Ford vehicles. Many Ford owners would gladly take the Costco's hassle free, "10 months later"refund..
May 16, 2004
469 posts
85 upvotes
over their
it would be cheaper if you let someone drive it off the lot and next day buy it for 10K less.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2788 posts
323 upvotes
Alberta
mydssbin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:53 pm
it would be cheaper if you let someone drive it off the lot and next day buy it for 10K less.
good luck with that
Nov 7, 2013
670 posts
343 upvotes
Montreal
sneaky wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:35 pm
"(excluding Focus, Fiesta, C-MAX, F-150 Raptor, Shelby® GT350/GT350R Mustang, Ford GT, EcoSport, Cutaway/Chassis Cab and F-650/F-750)" - WTF???
REALLY ? what's left
Deal Hunter :twisted:
RFD has taught me to save money. but it has also taught me to spend money.
May 2, 2015
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mydssbin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:53 pm
This is so untrue and downright very lazy generalization of the market. You will lose money the moment you get the car out the dealer's door but its not like you lose 10k.

source: Own experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1263 posts
119 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:01 pm
Too bad they don't offer the same Costco return policy on Ford vehicles. Many Ford owners would gladly take the Costco's hassle free, "10 months later"refund..
Yeah. Now that would be a hot deal.
To say the least.
I'd renew my costco executive gold star membership card just for that.