Hot Deals

[Costco] FREE 15 dozens egg on online order $250 & up (on first order)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 12:10 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13455 posts
3356 upvotes
Toronto
cristianosham wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:25 pm
My son eats like 2 eggs a day so this will not last 4 months.
So they would last 3 months, not fast enough
I find eggs usually have a 1 one month eggspiration date and are still fine to eat for a month after eggspiry. If your son upped his intake to 3 per day he could finish them before they go bad.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14112 posts
4575 upvotes
How come there are no pictures yet of someone who ordered this?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6307 posts
1957 upvotes
Mississauga
TrevorK wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 9:59 pm
How come there are no pictures yet of someone who ordered this?
I'd have jumped on this deal if they were delivering in Mississauga,it's so easy to spend $250 ,,I'm surprised the various brands of meat they sell,I wish they delivery here,I'd have shopped from them on regular basis.
Sep 25, 2017
111 posts
99 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
Anyone that wants to jump on this deal and worried about eggs going bad my grandfather taught me a technique from war times that can make eggs last up to a decade and works eggceptionally well Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Get a large metal container, like a big cookie tin from christmas. Get a few for this deal lol. Fill 25% of the container with regular sea salt. place eggs evenly on bed of salt, proceed to TOTALLY cover the eggs in salt so you do not see them make sure to fill the rest of the container full the shells cannot be exposed to air at all.

This method i swear to you they will last up to a decade and taste as fresh as the day they were delivered.

Another thing I personally do besides that for safe keeping with other rations in the cold cellar Is crack a dozen eggs into large bowl, whip up the eggs like you would for an omelette or scrambled eggs, and pour into ice cube trays. That'll give you a couple years before freezer burn
"Buy now...think later...You can always return it."
Dec 5, 2015
143 posts
193 upvotes
Verdun, QC
rosenberg100 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:04 am
15 dozen lol that seems, excessive lol
You mean... Eggcessive.
May 15, 2007
268 posts
125 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:31 am
I'd have jumped on this deal if they were delivering in Mississauga,it's so easy to spend $250 ,,I'm surprised the various brands of meat they sell,I wish they delivery here,I'd have shopped from them on regular basis.
I just ordered a mattress from Costco.ca and it was delivered last Friday.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2735 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
mohamade wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:06 am
I just ordered a mattress from Costco.ca and it was delivered last Friday.
mr immortal_kssss meant 'costco business centre' which is where the deal is
FS/FT: none atm
May 15, 2007
268 posts
125 upvotes
dredd2099 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:47 am
mr immortal_kssss meant 'costco business centre' which is where the deal is
I just notice that.
So for small business, 15 dozen of eggs is not a lot.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
1999 posts
431 upvotes
Typical Costco appealing to our weakness for a good deal, forcing you to buy more than you need, and then allowing it to go to waste.

If Eggs are typically $2.5 per dozen, then 15 dozen means $37.50

Which represents 15% bonus value on $250 (but most likely it won't be $250, it will be much more considering that people go nuts at Costco)
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13455 posts
3356 upvotes
Toronto
Giorgiodethrifty wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:47 am
Anyone that wants to jump on this deal and worried about eggs going bad my grandfather taught me a technique from war times that can make eggs last up to a decade and works eggceptionally well Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Get a large metal container, like a big cookie tin from christmas. Get a few for this deal lol. Fill 25% of the container with regular sea salt. place eggs evenly on bed of salt, proceed to TOTALLY cover the eggs in salt so you do not see them make sure to fill the rest of the container full the shells cannot be exposed to air at all.

This method i swear to you they will last up to a decade and taste as fresh as the day they were delivered.
I have never heard of this one, very interesting.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Jan 30, 2006
203 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
would the egg become salty by using this method ?
Giorgiodethrifty wrote:

Another thing I personally do besides that for safe keeping with other rations in the cold cellar Is crack a dozen eggs into large bowl, whip up the eggs like you would for an omelette or scrambled eggs, and pour into ice cube trays. That'll give you a couple years before freezer burn
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4788 posts
597 upvotes
GVR
What's the quality of these eggs like? My sceptical mind is saying "Are these eggs ok?"
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10712 posts
3905 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Is that a Toronto only thing?
Delivery from Costco Business Centre is not currently available in your area.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2325 posts
783 upvotes
Giorgiodethrifty wrote:

Doesn't that technique only work with freshly hatched eggs that haven't been refrigerated already???
Fresh from the chicken eggs will last for a long time with no refrigeration (days, not weeks or months) but once you stick en in the fridge they must stay cold. The elimination of air exposure (which is what the salt technique does) will extend that time to month (or years - this is the first time I have seen the 10 year figure - longest I had seen before was 2 years).
Correct me if I am wrong.