Hot Deals

[Costco] FREE 15 dozens egg on online order $250 & up (on first order)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 12:10 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13455 posts
3354 upvotes
Toronto
flyer12 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:53 am
Doesn't that technique only work with freshly hatched eggs that haven't been refrigerated already???
Fresh from the chicken eggs will last for a long time with no refrigeration (days, not weeks or months) but once you stick en in the fridge they must stay cold. The elimination of air exposure (which is what the salt technique does) will extend that time to month (or years - this is the first time I have seen the 10 year figure - longest I had seen before was 2 years).
Correct me if I am wrong.
Could be, now that you mention it i remember reading something about our eggs being washed but not so in Europe (or was it the other way around) necessitating a difference in storage.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Apr 14, 2006
214 posts
91 upvotes
Salting the eggs sounds similar to the Asian salted duck eggs.

Raw eggs freeze well. You have to break the eggs out of their shell and freeze them into tupperware until they are ready for use. It would help to have a chest freezer due to the space required.

https://www.incredibleegg.org/eggcyclop ... zing-eggs/
Last edited by cal653 on Nov 6th, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4216 posts
2071 upvotes
Kitchener
.......or just buy 15 dozen eggs in the USA (Aldis) for $0.45 per dozen like I do. Usually I buy about 20 dozen and 10 french vanilla coffee creamers @ $2 each. Basically Costco is giving you $10 in free eggs, big deal.

Before anyone asks, I don't make special trips to the USA for eggs, but I usually pick up a bunch when I'm there anyways. I figure they're good for 6 months, I get them for most of my family. Speaking of which, I'm down to my last egg......time to make another USA trip soon (Black Friday).
Images
  • IMG_20170521_094038.jpg