[Costco] Costco - Freemotion 730 Treadmill down $100 to $799.00

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2013 12:05 am
Tags:
None
Feb 1, 2007
98 posts
10 upvotes
Bought it yesterday, struggled getting it in the house and down to the basement. Took a couple of hours to set up. Got a workout and a half, ironically didn't need any more excersize yesterday. Used it this morning though. Seems like a very well built unit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
1963 posts
476 upvotes
Halifax
A question for those of you that have picked up the Freemotion 730 Treadmill. Are there four wheels on the front section for moving the treadmill while folded? I had a look at the demo model in Costco yesterday and could only see two wheels which would make it rather difficult to move.

As an additional thought to above. If there are only the two wheels, then there is the possibility of adding two large Magic Sliders to the two front pads. I added four magic sliders to my Whirlpool 300 pound washing machine so I could clean underneath it and it moves very easily.
Nov 30, 2008
216 posts
15 upvotes
Seems like an interesting deal, but I’m keeping an eye on the elliptical machine at Costco. I never saw it come down, always at 599$ in store.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
1963 posts
476 upvotes
Halifax
Look4Deal wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 7:43 am
Seems like an interesting deal, but I’m keeping an eye on the elliptical machine at Costco. I never saw it come down, always at 599$ in store.
Something to keep in mind with Elliptical trainers. The foot pads either need to be fairly large or adjustable in width and position. I had an early model NordicTrack elliptical and because I am over six feet, I constantly found my feet pushing to the outside edge of the foot pads while using it. I found I had to fight to re-center my feet and it was just plain uncomfortable.
Nov 30, 2005
628 posts
63 upvotes
Leduc
frankw wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 7:04 am
A question for those of you that have picked up the Freemotion 730 Treadmill. Are there four wheels on the front section for moving the treadmill while folded? I had a look at the demo model in Costco yesterday and could only see two wheels which would make it rather difficult to move.
i dont have this treadmill but one very similar with wheels. these things weight 300+ pounds, trust me you wont be moving it very much. even folding these things sucks so i dont even do that. plus if you put in on carpet you should have a treadmill mat under it to reduce static build up and dust/carpet fibers from messing it up.
Nov 30, 2008
216 posts
15 upvotes
frankw wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 8:13 am
Something to keep in mind with Elliptical trainers. The foot pads either need to be fairly large or adjustable in width and position. I had an early model NordicTrack elliptical and because I am over six feet, I constantly found my feet pushing to the outside edge of the foot pads while using it. I found I had to fight to re-center my feet and it was just plain uncomfortable.
Thx for the advice frankw!
Jul 27, 2006
697 posts
161 upvotes
Moncton
tuck wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 11:11 am
how is this comparing to the NordicTrack which is on promo on the shopping channel? which brand is better
No contest. The Costco unit is way better.
Dec 11, 2006
120 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
Bought this threadmill in December...PM me if anyone is interested in purchasing....I will include the receipt...if the price drops, you get the refund....Cheers
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2773 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if Markham East has this in stock? (I know I can call, but just asking if someone lately has seen it there)
Nov 28, 2003
334 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
Look4Deal wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 7:43 am
I hoping it goes on sale as well.
Apr 4, 2010
357 posts
73 upvotes
frankw wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 7:04 am

As an additional thought to above. If there are only the two wheels, then there is the possibility of adding two large Magic Sliders to the two front pads. I added four magic sliders to my Whirlpool 300 pound washing machine so I could clean underneath it and it moves very easily.
I bought this last year. I'll say that I love it and it is well built.

It does have two wheels on the back of the frame. So you have to lift the floor up and rock the whole beast onto the rear wheels. If you're moving on a solid surface it is doable. On a carpet will be difficult and on hardwood, it would cause indentations.

This was around $500 when I purchase. I got it at $699 and then it dropped within price match time frame. It is a well built machine. Way better than anything I have seen in this price range. We've had it for almost a year now and between myself (210lbs) and wife (145lbs) we run ~ 35 miles a week and it is still running like new. No weird noises, belt is tight, floor is solid, electronics, wireless, everything.

The only dislike is the fan is loud. Otherwise great machine.
Dec 11, 2006
120 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
wmahmud wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 12:01 pm
Anyone know if Markham East has this in stock? (I know I can call, but just asking if someone lately has seen it there)
They have a few in stock...I bought mine from there....you can call the store to verify stock on floor.
If they do not have stock, PM me and I can sell you mine and save me the trip to return.
P.S. This is very heavy
Mar 13, 2007
708 posts
90 upvotes
Calgary
I see this one in the calgary costco for about 799, been wanting to get one for a long time. Do u guys think it will go down in price any further?
× < >