• Mar 3rd, 2019 5:46 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24601 posts
10057 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 11:09 pm
Nope, Costco is WAAAAAY worse than Walmart.
The more I think about it, the more I would agree for a single reason: Costco is exponentially busier than other stores.
I can't remember the last time I couldn't find a parking spot at a "big box" store.
I can certainly remember the last time I couldn't find a spot at a Costco: Basically every weekend.

But if you take let's say 8PM on a Tuesday at Costco, their lot is quite devoid of carts, just like your regular big box store.
2PM on a Saturday? Tons of carts everywhere because there's tons of people.

I've seen Walmart in a disaster state during busy shopping holidays.

So I'm fairly certain it has much more to do with volume of customers rather than the brand of store.
Mar 2, 2019
2 posts
I never really used Cosco but have a few friends who love it. They often buy online, however at times go to the warehouse. I dont mind the concpet, however they are still a third party, right? I mean they sell other companies products, thus there is always a markup regardless of the deal. Memberships are great if they offer you a preferred saving over regular shoppers. If the products are the same, whats the difference of going to Wal-Mart or CVS is prices are comparable? What other benefits does a Costco membership give to you? Thats what I like about membership clubs. I look for unique products and additional benefits like freebies, bigger savings, unique products to name a few. I would ask "what are you getting out of the membership to Cosco ?" It its not much then move on. If its unique offerings you cant get anywhere else, reconsider and don't let the upsale efforts impact your decision.