• Nov 19th, 2017 10:24 am
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
25 posts
8 upvotes
Saskatoon
denglili0001 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:08 pm
It is not mentioned on the Costco website, but the sales guy gave it to me as part of the deal. I was just excepting car charger and cash card. It is being priced for $149 at bestbuy.ca
Wasn't really sure if I was going to go for this deal or not, was thinking of waiting to see black Friday deals, but if they threw in the Samsung Speaker that might be enough for me to bite.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2276 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa
patpond wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:48 pm
Anything better out there? I'm not being facetious, really looking for a deal on the S8, preferably not stuck on an inflated plan for 2 years. BF deals maybe?
With this "deal", it's not only about the price:
- credit hit
- risk of gift cards clawed back
- time spent signing up and then cancelling
- if your cc has it, you won't get extra year of warranty because you didn't pay full price of phone

The S9 is a few months away, so S8 price will drop soon.

FS: Nothing
==== [[ Heatware ]] ====
Sep 18, 2017
56 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
TheGame wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:27 pm
- credit hit
- if your cc has it, you won't get extra year of warranty because you didn't pay full price of phone

It's already been confirmed many times that the Costco cash card isn't being clawed back. Every cell phone deal that requires you to open an account will have a credit hit, time spent signing up, as well as the 'no extra warranty cause you didn't pay full price'

Stop with the fear mongering.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1058 posts
357 upvotes
Laval
TheGame wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:27 pm
- credit hit

If you worry about cc warranty...keep the gc for actual costco purchases...400$ get easily spent at costco...considering Holidays season coming as well
Dec 3, 2010
574 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
in regards to cash cards being clawed back, they did take back my cash cards when i decided to refund my costco aftermarket warranty. I dont know if this applies to the phone contracts but i was under the same assumption that cash cards don't get clawed back.
Jun 13, 2008
474 posts
137 upvotes
It shows $350 Costco Cash cards for Rogers now for Ontario..have they lowered it already or am I missing something?
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
Oct 10, 2010
173 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
Or you all wait for a couple of months and get this very same phone off kijiji for $300 all in
Sep 18, 2017
56 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
fadmin wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:08 am
Or you all wait for a couple of months and get this very same phone off kijiji for $300 all in
Oh, I know. Why don't we just wait 3 years and it'll be free! /s
Sep 18, 2017
56 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
5abi_boy wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:10 am
It shows $350 Costco Cash cards for Rogers now for Ontario..have they lowered it already or am I missing something?
It's showing as a $375 cash card for BC
Jan 21, 2010
2 posts
Windsor
Deal was done a few hours ago according to the girl at Costco I just spoke with. Bummer.
Sep 17, 2007
469 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
kaiseki wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:43 pm
Oh, I know. Why don't we just wait 3 years and it'll be free! /s
Because there is a difference between walking few years and few months... Huge difference to b honest..
Sep 18, 2017
56 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
CarrieBerrie wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:48 pm
Deal was done a few hours ago according to the girl at Costco I just spoke with. Bummer.
Website still shows "Bonus $375 Costco Cash Card"
Sep 28, 2004
852 posts
66 upvotes
eclipes1127 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:06 am
in regards to cash cards being clawed back, they did take back my cash cards when i decided to refund my costco aftermarket warranty. I dont know if this applies to the phone contracts but i was under the same assumption that cash cards don't get clawed back.
Cash cards go with purchases. So if you refund the purchase you lose the cards. Like if you sign up for a phone and plan and then decide to cancel and return the phone for a refund you will forfeit the cash cards you initially received. This is compared to cancelling the plan but keeping the phone, in which case you would not lose the cash cards since you did not receive a refund for anything.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2303 posts
126 upvotes
Winnipeg
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:17 pm
Because there is a difference between walking few years and few months... Huge difference to b honest..
I can't only walk for a few hours, haven't tried a few months and can't imaging walking for a few years. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes