Hot Deals

[Costco] Garmin fēnix 3 HR Sapphire Titanium Smartwatch with DLC Titanium Band $439.99 (Price update)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 4:09 pm
Feb 2, 2017
72 posts
39 upvotes
chatbox wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:35 pm
Does anyone know if this is available in-store? I'm guessing it will be store dependent as well even if it is available, right?
I called in to the Richmond, BC store and they said online only. Not sure how true that is though. You can call in to your local store and give them the item number to find out.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1930 posts
310 upvotes
I called my store and they said it was a new item and is yet to arrive in the KW area.
[OP]
Oct 25, 2012
19 posts
61 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
chatbox wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:35 pm
Does anyone know if this is available in-store? I'm guessing it will be store dependent as well even if it is available, right?
Markham store got some in stock during black Friday, not sure for now
Aug 20, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
I wear mine to work, and I work in construction, so it's definitely durable. The watch requires charging about every 14 to 20 days depending on how much GPS use.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1930 posts
310 upvotes
Tracking received and the order will be here Friday :)
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1345 posts
93 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
What is ultimately holding me back from buying this is the lack of being able to make and take calls on the watch itself. At this price, I would have hoped it had that feature.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1606 posts
151 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:47 am
What is ultimately holding me back from buying this is the lack of being able to make and take calls on the watch itself. At this price, I would have hoped it had that feature.
I own the Fenix 3 non-HR. Its first and foremost a watch for runners, cyclists, swimmers, and triathletes. The smart features are very much secondary. If you want a sport tracking watch first, this is as good as it gets. If you want a smart watch first, then this isn't the watch for you.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1345 posts
93 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
sixteen12 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:53 am
I own the Fenix 3 non-HR. Its first and foremost a watch for runners, cyclists, swimmers, and triathletes. The smart features are very much secondary. If you want a sport tracking watch first, this is as good as it gets. If you want a smart watch first, then this isn't the watch for you.
I can see built-in speakers synergizing with sport watches. Not having to stop what I'm doing, scavenge for my phone to answer a quick call is a huge benefit. Would be super useful when out running for instance.
Jan 14, 2017
167 posts
52 upvotes
Just picked one up from GTA Woodbine/7 location. They have 6 more left. Price displayed in aisle shows 499 but there is 60 instant rebate at checkout, so same price as online.

Coming from an old Garmin 305, I'm pretty excited to try this out.
Jan 10, 2008
86 posts
94 upvotes
quebec
dealisdead wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:09 am
Just picked one up from GTA Woodbine/7 location. They have 6 more left. Price displayed in aisle shows 499 but there is 60 instant rebate at checkout, so same price as online.

Coming from an old Garmin 305, I'm pretty excited to try this out.
haha that old 305 are build like a tank !
Jan 14, 2017
167 posts
52 upvotes
snoroqc wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:14 am
haha that old 305 are build like a tank !
Man, I love my 305! But another battery replacement is needed, and the new watches with built-in HR and metrics has swayed me. 305 will always have a special place in my heart...
Feb 1, 2007
87 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
ChiGGz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:58 am
I can see built-in speakers synergizing with sport watches. Not having to stop what I'm doing, scavenge for my phone to answer a quick call is a huge benefit. Would be super useful when out running for instance.
You can answer calls from the Fenix 3HRM... As long as your phone has earbuds connected then you're fine. The only downfall is you can't dial out on the watch or send texts, but you can read texts and notifications on your watch.. There's pros and cons to both the Apple and Garmin... You just need to look at what would suit your needs.
RFD's Is Costing My Money! But Saving Tons!!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1930 posts
310 upvotes
My order arrived about an hour ago. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3050 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal
Nascar318is wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:46 am
You can answer calls from the Fenix 3HRM... As long as your phone has earbuds connected then you're fine. The only downfall is you can't dial out on the watch or send texts, but you can read texts and notifications on your watch..
Cool, I have the Fenix 3 and didn't know that ... was going to call you out on it, but just tested and sure enough the notification on the watch asks if you want to accept the incoming call :). Not sure I'll ever use this, but nice to know it can do it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

jerschwab