Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Genius retractable screen

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 7:15 pm
Mar 13, 2010
83 posts
10 upvotes
This looks like the Genius that I installed a few years ago from Home Hardware. It has magnets that holds the screen in the closed position and the screen roles up into a housing. My cat has figured out how to open it, just not how to close it. The screen also pops out of its guides when you try and close it. I don't like the thing! My neighbour has a retractable screen but it is accordion style and works slicker than the Genius I have. Again, I am not sure if my Genius is the same unit as the one Costco has.
May 20, 2018
1 posts
This Genius Sierra 100 retractible screen door took only about 1-1/2 hours to install. We were skeptical at first, but its a great product. it was only $139 at Costco in BC. Easy to install and everything you need is in the box. Be extra careful at the step where you snap the screen door cartridge into the two clips. Pushing too hard may bend the clips that hold it to your door frame. But outside of this little trick, it was an easy install suing only a hacksaw, measuring tape and screwdriver. Now we're looking for a double door unit.
Oct 8, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
chocho111 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 11:05 pm
Anyone knows if any GTA (or around GTA) has stock? Would like to get one for my patio door, but the Mississauga stores I called said they don't even have such number in the system.
I just bought two of these for 69.97 at the Markham Costco at 1 Yorktech Drive during lunch hour. There are about 7 units left.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
4932 posts
1682 upvotes
dnip123 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2019 4:02 pm
I just bought two of these for 69.97 at the Markham Costco at 1 Yorktech Drive during lunch hour. There are about 7 units left.
Nice. You replied to a 3 year old question.