Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] GermGuardian 3-in-1 UV-C Tower Air Purifier 2-pack with 2 Filters Ontario Residents Only $161

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 5:15 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2007
358 posts
445 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] GermGuardian 3-in-1 UV-C Tower Air Purifier 2-pack with 2 Filters Ontario Residents Only $161

This deal is for Ontario residents only.

costco currently has the GermGuardian 3-in-1 UV-C Tower Air Purifier 2-pack with 2 Filters on sale for $214.99 ( $55 off ) + you can add the 25% rebate from the Ontario government bringing the total down to $161 before tax.

My understanding is this includes 2 units

Overall good review of 4.8 stars on 5

The air cleaning system is more than just a filter. Multiple levels of cleaning include HEPA, UV-C and charcoal to help improve indoor air quality. The UV-C light is proven to kill germs on surfaces, and in the air and water. It is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs and bacteria and altering their genetic structure so they die. The true HEPA filtration trap 99.97% of particles down to .3 microns in size, reducing the airborne allergens in your home. HEPA replacement filters B is for use in the Germguardian True HEPA Air Purifier System AC4825CA. It’s a combination filter that incorporates multiple layers of filtration included in a pre-filter/ charcoal filter, and true HEPA filter to help improve indoor air quality.
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2379 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
Are the Hepa filters, the only thing needed for replacement with these things. ?
I wonder if they are cheaper in store?
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Aug 10, 2010
317 posts
146 upvotes
Good deal. I would jump on this deal if it's not the 22" model.
Jan 1, 2015
472 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Isn't the UV-C function just a meme? I heard the UV-C wouldn't kill any germs because any bacteria wouldn't be exposed to the light long enough to be irradiated.
Aug 3, 2005
441 posts
101 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: Isn't the UV-C function just a meme? I heard the UV-C wouldn't kill any germs because any bacteria wouldn't be exposed to the light long enough to be irradiated.
Yes and also UV can potentially creat some ozone which is not safe so unless I can turn off the UV part, I would buy something else. The latest Airpurifier models are removing these ozone generating options.