Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25/$50 online voucher with a Gift of Membership purchase.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2018 1:52 am
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
525 posts
638 upvotes
Saint John

[Costco] Get $25/$50 online voucher with a Gift of Membership purchase.

*Certain restrictions apply. Offer available in warehouse and on Costco.ca from October 29 to December 23, 2018 and may not be combined with any other offer. Your online voucher will be mailed along with your membership voucher within 2–4 weeks after purchase online, or will be given at time of purchase at the warehouse.
Thread Summary
The $25 and $50 bonus vouchers are for Costco.ca only and cannot be used towards memberships, membership renewals, Costco Cash cards, travel, tires, nor costcobusinesscentre.ca.
The bonus voucher expires January 31, 2019. These bonus vouchers may not be combined with any other offer.

The $60 Gold member and $120 Executive gifts of membership (gift cards) can be used towards membership renewals in Costco warehouses. The back of these cards state that they can be used to renew memberships.
--Webslinger
378 replies
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
525 posts
638 upvotes
Saint John
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 5:20 am
Can you buy this to renew your membership?
Hot if you can!
Gift of Membership is not an actual Costco membership card, but is a voucher toward a Costco membership. Voucher is not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Photocopies are not accepted. Voucher is not redeemable for cash or merchandise and card value may not be transferred to another card. The value of the membership voucher is fixed at time of purchase. Voucher may be used to renew an existing membership.
Jan 2, 2015
248 posts
167 upvotes
demon1102 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 5:51 am
Gift of Membership is not an actual Costco membership card, but is a voucher toward a Costco membership. Voucher is not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Photocopies are not accepted. Voucher is not redeemable for cash or merchandise and card value may not be transferred to another card. The value of the membership voucher is fixed at time of purchase. Voucher may be used to renew an existing membership.
Yes, but it's also written this in bold :
This Selection is for New Memberships Only:
Gotta love when in one description they said yes AND no to the same thing!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8230 posts
9060 upvotes
GT-EH
Srsly.. why is it no in bold red at the top and yes down below? lol

Since this voucher can only be redeemed in-store, I'm assuming they ultimately determine whether you get a $25 online voucher or not.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Aug 20, 2011
601 posts
431 upvotes
It will be hot if voucher can renew membership and can be self-use.
Dec 4, 2007
712 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
What if we trade the new Membership voucher with someone else and say we got it as a gift? Then we should be able to apply the voucher to renew our existing membership right?
Jan 2, 2015
248 posts
167 upvotes
silverferrari wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 10:50 am
What if we trade the new Membership voucher with someone else and say we got it as a gift? Then we should be able to apply the voucher to renew our existing membership right?
It's still written for NEW membership :(
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1416 posts
947 upvotes
GTA
My renewal is due soon so I will try today and let you know what happens.
Aug 17, 2008
584 posts
48 upvotes
tew wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 10:52 am
My renewal is due soon so I will try today and let you know what happens.
Keep us updated!
Mar 28, 2010
163 posts
240 upvotes
vancouver
Voucher, as in the $25 voucher, as in the product title.
The membership itself is for new members.

I think WagJag deals are better with the coupons and free instore stuff.
Oct 7, 2015
294 posts
235 upvotes
Vanier, ON
So sad. I just renewed my membership on last Saturday.
Sep 11, 2007
52 posts
11 upvotes
My thoughts:

Technically, from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), you can purchase the "gift of membership" and use it on yourself can you not? I mean what if someone bought it for you (an existing member) as a gift not knowing you were a Costco member. I have to renew my membership by October 31st, are they really going to deny me using the gifted membership on myself (on another visit)? I guess if they do my wife can always sign up under her name....

I might try it tonight - I have to go there anyway. Worst case my wife signs up I guess...

Plus as everyone is saying, its contradictory information on costco.ca
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1416 posts
947 upvotes
GTA
I called the toll free CS number and the CSR said it was confusing having both statements and would check with membership services. After 5 minutes on hold he told me they said it can be used for renewals and will look into why that statement in red was on the website.