Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass (ENDS DEC. 9)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 10:11 pm
Dec 24, 2007
483 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
ma678 wrote: I got the following message when I tried to pay with Masterpass.

No eligible cards for Masterpass. Your account is unable to set up Capital One Masterpass at this time because we cannot find any eligible cards on file.

I am able to log in my Capital One account. I have added Capital One Costco card under Masterpass. How come I still cannot check out with Masterpass? Is it Materpass' or Capital One's problem?

Very frustrated.
I had the exact same problem. On the bottom right corner of the masterpass window, it was set to EN US. I set it to EN CAN and it worked after.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2391 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Paulmolive wrote: I had the exact same problem. On the bottom right corner of the masterpass window, it was set to EN US. I set it to EN CAN and it worked after.
Thank you! I was going around in circles till I read your post : )
Aug 29, 2017
57 posts
89 upvotes
Winnipeg
JRGUINNESS wrote: Completely agree! and I am still cautious and sceptical at some. Remember if its too good to be true... it is!

But what I do like is that we can see members activity and their past posts.

I would never buy from someone with 1 post.

Either way, I just thought I would highlight this with Christmas/ Black Friday / Cyber Monday coming up and gift cards being popular office gifts.

Also BIG shoutout to trystee and their hard work posting gift card discounts weekly (https://forums.redflagdeals.com/various ... 17-2108968)

Sometimes I buy a gift card for date night (say for the keg) when I see they are on sale 20% off. but then life happens and can't make it out. Next week, when they are not on sale anymore I'm happy to sell the same $100 for $80 to one of our fellow members for no loss to me, and a $20 savings to them.

But again... people can be sketchy so you have to look for trusted, active, and honest members
For sure, it's definitely considerably lower risk when buying from someone who's been here for awhile and has a good reputation! But yeah I do feel your pain... been trying to sell some Frank and Oak gift cards locally for awhile now with no interest lol. I think another part of the problem is connecting with the stores customer base. A Costco gift card is a whole lot easier to sell since it's so versatile (buy food, electronics, clothes, household items, appliances, etc.) than a gift card for a very particular place (i.e. particular restaurant, clothes store).
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
just got 3 jugs of 0w20 castro edge total 96 bucks after tax. Thats a good deal :)
Dec 9, 2009
701 posts
480 upvotes
Bought a nice wedding ring for $107 and got the $25 discount. Sweet deal! And protected by Costco return policy
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8511 posts
6255 upvotes
TracyWater wrote: Looking at the Panasonic KX-TG153M corded phone with 3 headsets. Currently it's $145. Best buy is selling it at $109.

https://www.costco.ca/Panasonic%c2%ae-K ... 02607.html
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pa ... 91253.aspx

Anyway to ask Costco price match it? It will make it total $84 after $25 coupon.
BestBuy is refurbished so I don't think it's fair to price match anyway
Apr 17, 2009
483 posts
95 upvotes
I just try to bought playstation network cards and the order got cancelled within seconds...
Apr 24, 2011
15 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: Isn't that considered as a fraud ?

For example: if you bought a new TV to watch the Super Bowl and then return it after the game, it's still considered as a fraud. I saw it on The news before and they have a special term for that.
Loophole?
Dec 30, 2012
496 posts
1102 upvotes
SURREY
Has anyone tried with getting steelie wheels?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Is it me or did Costco remove the gift cards? I can't find any Amazon, Best Buy, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Thanks, OP.
Bought an XBone, and got $25 off.
I have tried Masterpass in the past, but the interface between it and the Canadian Tire Options MasterCard was, to say the least, kludgy.

If my local Costco ever installs a gas bar, I'll be switching to the Capital One card, pronto.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
carmaster wrote: I have a MBNA Master Card and Capital One Master Card. Will it work? So Master Pass is just the online quick pass service that works if you have a Master Card?
Yes, exactly. You can use any MasterCard; it doesn't have to be a Costco issued MasterCard. The point of this promotion is to get people to sign up to MasterPass. Whether it's "quicker" is questionable.

In the past, when I've run into online sites that required MasterPass to pay via credit card, I usually just said, "Screw it", and used PayPal/MasterCard instead. I think someone at MasterCard finally clued in, or at least, convinced Costco it was a good thing.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
Want to buy something for $99.99...what's everyone buying for fillers? The lowest priced items are around $20-$30..
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
wolfpack27616 wrote: Want to buy something for $99.99...what's everyone buying for fillers? The lowest priced items are around $20-$30..
Got the skywheel ticket and already received via email... note that the Hilroy is min 5 per order
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
georvu wrote: Got the skywheel ticket and already received via email... note that the Hilroy is min 5 per order
Thanks...so $6.79 is the cheapest filler?
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
wolfpack27616 wrote: Thanks...so $6.79 is the cheapest filler?
There is a list of lowest fillers somewhere in thread... skywheel is lowest I believe.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Mar 5, 2013
194 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you! Just in time for my order
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)