Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass (ENDS DEC. 9)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 10:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7844 posts
8792 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:

That's correct. Most of them will not sue you.
Thatdealguy wrote: If you got caught and they decided to "sue" you, you might be able to go to jail or get fined. Any frauds less than $5000 can be in jail for up to 2 years or something like that. Usually, they don't sue you because it is a long process and cost money.
I believe that in Canada, a store or retailer cannot sue or bring an individual to court over a criminal charge (fraud).

It's a criminal matter so they'd have to involve the police and have you arrested. Then it's up to the judicial system to determine if you're guilty and you'd get sentencing/fines based on that.

The retailer could then choose to sue for the cost of the stolen goods, if the police are unable to recover them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7844 posts
8792 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Is it me or did Costco remove the gift cards? I can't find any Amazon, Best Buy, etc.
They've never carried gift cards to other retailers as far as I know. At least not on the last 5 years or so.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
georvu wrote: ^^ Yup.

Used visa for our order
what do you mean? works with visa too?
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
cayolargo wrote: what do you mean? works with visa too?
Used our TD cashback visa... still in 6% cash bonus promo. Masterpass like paypal and verified by visa as you can use most major credit cards. Note: Some rfders did have their orders cancelled or not go through when using other then mc so YMMV.

Order says Shipping: Processing so hopefully shipped soon and not cancelled. Card was charged the purchase price with 25 prom discount.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Feb 1, 2014
37 posts
46 upvotes
Burnaby
For those who are still having problems with the masterpass address/credit card info issue, you are probably trying to sign up with the Capital One credit. I tried using a different master card this morning (after a week of trying) and it worked no problem finally.
Oct 14, 2013
542 posts
387 upvotes
Been using my pcf.. tried with incognito mode with no luck... argh
Nov 28, 2005
725 posts
15 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got Nellies and PSN card

$130 after tax
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Got the Bissell 1544A PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
Got a blentec jar, something I needed as a replacement eventually. Holy cow, it's so pricy at 134 bucks for one jar, but still better priced than others sites upon google search.

Masterpass is def not user friendly. So annoying. I clicked on it and asked me to enter my cap1 CC login. That didn't work. Then, went to masterpass to set up a new account without signing out. Tried again at costco checkout still prompted me to enter cap1 card credentials! Why did they set up a prompt for cap1 login if it wasn't likely to work. I mean with the new cap1 login they recently revamped the login system. It's now associated with 2 of my CC accounts, Aspire and Costco CC. Like how would the system know which card I wanted to pay with. They need to fix this. I guess we're the QC for them.

Tried firefox instead of chrome then it prompted me to enter the login I had set up at masterpass instead of cap1 login info. Glad that worked finally. Sure took awhile. I was about to call costco about this if other browsers don't work.
Jan 13, 2002
499 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
georvu wrote: Item I want is $99.99!!

Lowest filler [non ticket or gift card] is $17.99 https://www.costco.ca/Robax-Heatwraps-w ... 47061.html

Or trico wipers $11.39 but not size needed!!

Anyone can confirm something less that works... seems tickets or gift cards do not? Or is that incorrect info?

Thanks.
this works: $11.99 for vitamin D tablets: https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signatur ... 22373.html
Feb 2, 2007
207 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
Cas77 wrote: Anyone know the cheapest filler? I need a tub of Nellie's laundry soda that's $99.99
It's on sale for $79.99 now!
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
that masterpass checkout process was a disaster. Finally got it checked out after dicking with it for a while. Had to use private mode in the browser
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
wazabi wrote: I got Nellies and PSN card

$130 after tax
same but mine came to $112. Will they cancel the psn card?

edit - psn card code came through to my email!
Last edited by RiftOfChaos on Oct 16th, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 18, 2017
12 posts
4 upvotes
Can I partially pay using a Costco gift card and then check out with the remaining amount with masterpass? I have a $50 Costco gift card I'd like to use
Jul 18, 2017
12 posts
4 upvotes
nawt90 wrote: Can I partially pay using a Costco gift card and then check out with the remaining amount with masterpass? I have a $50 Costco gift card I'd like to use
Order declined .. and now my Costco gift card has $0 balance. Wow!
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
Costco keeps cancelling my orders when I use MasterPass, it's **** annoying. The first time it was for a membership, and they sent me an e-mail on the following day saying the payment didn't go through. Yet I had no issues picking up my card and the payment was on my card as approved a couple days later. They never replied me to my e-mail asking why my transaction was refused and that I sent a week ago.

Now I have the same issue and I want that $25 discount. They waited until THE FOLLOWING DAY to send an email saying the payment didn't go through (yet it is authorized on my card) and the order has been cancelled.

Customer service says the wait is 7 minutes but still couldn't reach anyone after 30 minutes and I have to go back to work. Damn it.

edit: Now I tried to order again but it seems to blocked me out of the $25 promo. That is ridiculous.
Jun 12, 2016
715 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
nigeldell1 wrote: I had the same problem; had to call Customer Service. They applied a $25 credit to my account after the order shipped. Had to wait for the confirmation so took a couple of phone calls.

They did confirm that you must be a Costco member to get this, contrary to an earlier post where it said you didn't have to be a Costco member.
Stupid question, but did you call Costco or Mastercard customer service to get the $25 credit applied?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: Actually it doesn't have to be a Mastercard in masterpass.
What?!?!?! I can just sign up separately with each Visa card I have?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3811 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
Becks wrote: What?!?!?! I can just sign up separately with each Visa card I have?
no joke...you can do that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)