Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 5:29 pm
Aug 1, 2010
528 posts
243 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:37 pm
Isn't that considered as a fraud ?

For example: if you bought a new TV to watch the Super Bowl and then return it after the game, it's still considered as a fraud. I saw it on The news before and they have a special term for that.
How is returning something within the allowed return period fraud? Lol
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm surprised the BST: Gift Card section isn't as popular as the hot deals.

With respect to this hot deal, everyone loves saving $25 for items at Costco.

But buying a $100 Gift Card ( to a store like Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Starbuck ect) for $75 on something you were going to buy anyways, doesn't seem to spark the same flame so to speak.

Free Money is Free Money.

Regardless, used this to purchase a few gift cards.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2662 posts
13421 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
colavs19 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:15 pm
How is returning something within the allowed return period fraud? Lol
There are many different kinds of returns consider a fraud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud

These are only some of them
  • Wardrobing or renting: Purchasing merchandise for short-term use with the intent to return the item, such as a dress for a special occasion, a video camera for graduations and weddings or a big-screen television for the Super Bowl.[3]
  • Returning stolen merchandise: Shoplifting with the objective to return the item(s) for full price, plus any sales tax.
  • Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.
  • e-receipt fraud: Utilizing e-receipts issued when purchasing goods online, but returning them in store, to return merchandise for profit. A variation of the receipt fraud using the e-receipts.
  • Employee fraud: Assistance from employees to return stolen goods for full retail price.
  • Price switching: Placing higher priced labels on merchandise with the intention of returning the item(s) at a higher price than purchase.
  • Price arbitrage: Purchasing differently priced, but similar-looking merchandise and returning the cheaper item as the expensive one.
  • Switch fraud: Purchasing a working item, and returning a damaged or defective identical item that was already owned.
  • Cross-retailer return: Returning or exchanging an item purchased at another retailer (usually at a lower price) for cash, store credit or a similar, higher-priced item at another retailer.
The Richmond Costco always requires the online receipt before they give me a refund. I think it is on their " Online return policy". Sometimes they send me home if I didn't print out the receipt.
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8380 posts
2820 upvotes
How did i miss this i just bought 3 things a couple days ago totalling over 500 would of been nice to save 25
ING Direct since the beginning!
BuyBuyBuy O Why
Aug 29, 2017
10 posts
9 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:20 pm

But buying a $100 Gift Card ( to a store like Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Starbuck ect) for $75 on something you were going to buy anyways, doesn't seem to spark the same flame so to speak.

Thanks OP
A lot of people perceive buying a gift card from a stranger to be a risky thing. Where as this deal is coming directly from Costco/Masterpass.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13956 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
I have a MBNA Master Card and Capital One Master Card. Will it work? So Master Pass is just the online quick pass service that works if you have a Master Card?
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shield204 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:39 pm
A lot of people perceive buying a gift card from a stranger to be a risky thing. Where as this deal is coming directly from Costco/Masterpass.
Completely agree! and I am still cautious and sceptical at some. Remember if its too good to be true... it is!

But what I do like is that we can see members activity and their past posts.

I would never buy from someone with 1 post.

Either way, I just thought I would highlight this with Christmas/ Black Friday / Cyber Monday coming up and gift cards being popular office gifts.

Also BIG shoutout to trystee and their hard work posting gift card discounts weekly (https://forums.redflagdeals.com/various ... 17-2108968)

Sometimes I buy a gift card for date night (say for the keg) when I see they are on sale 20% off. but then life happens and can't make it out. Next week, when they are not on sale anymore I'm happy to sell the same $100 for $80 to one of our fellow members for no loss to me, and a $20 savings to them.

But again... people can be sketchy so you have to look for trusted, active, and honest members
Sep 15, 2006
954 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
Darklol wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:54 pm
For me it's still not working. I will call the support line tonight.

Tried in IE, Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Same error: Masterpass is experiencing system issues.

Also tried to delete my Masterpass and recreating the same account with same email and password like someone mentioned and no luck for me. Even with new account it doesn't work.
Same issue. Were you able to address it?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3508 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Just placed an order a couple hours ago, surprisingly, I didn't have a problem like in the past.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2462 posts
1727 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:

Thanks OP
That's when marketing comes in, just like $24.99 sells more than $25.
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nexzen wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:46 pm
That's when marketing comes in, just like $24.99 sells more than $25.
That's not marketing. That's being a real true RFDer and realizing you just saved $0.01 Smiling Face With Sunglasses lol
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2462 posts
1727 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:49 pm
That's not marketing. That's being a real true RFDer and realizing you just saved $0.01 Smiling Face With Sunglasses lol
You win LOL
Apr 23, 2008
286 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:

Thanks OP
Haven't read all 23 pages of this post; does this $25 deal work for buying gift cards? Usually gift cards are not excluded from deals.
Thanks
Dec 24, 2007
338 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
ma678 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 6:23 pm
I got the following message when I tried to pay with Masterpass.

No eligible cards for Masterpass. Your account is unable to set up Capital One Masterpass at this time because we cannot find any eligible cards on file.

I am able to log in my Capital One account. I have added Capital One Costco card under Masterpass. How come I still cannot check out with Masterpass? Is it Materpass' or Capital One's problem?

Very frustrated.
I had the exact same problem. On the bottom right corner of the masterpass window, it was set to EN US. I set it to EN CAN and it worked after.

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 4 guests)

eyeball123, zod, ciuvak, PacificSun, wenbey, insomnia77