Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 6:05 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2466 posts
406 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 7:10 pm
Want to buy something for $99.99...what's everyone buying for fillers? The lowest priced items are around $20-$30..
Got the skywheel ticket and already received via email... note that the Hilroy is min 5 per order
Apr 23, 2014
621 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto, ON
georvu wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 7:56 pm
Got the skywheel ticket and already received via email... note that the Hilroy is min 5 per order
Thanks...so $6.79 is the cheapest filler?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2466 posts
406 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:30 pm
Thanks...so $6.79 is the cheapest filler?
There is a list of lowest fillers somewhere in thread... skywheel is lowest I believe.
Mar 5, 2013
97 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you! Just in time for my order
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1122 posts
148 upvotes
GVRD
My Xbox Live Card order worked (2 x $50 & 1 x $15. I had no issues with Masterpass. Thanks OP
Apr 23, 2014
621 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto, ON
georvu wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:44 pm
There is a list of lowest fillers somewhere in thread... skywheel is lowest I believe.
Searched and found the list. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5199 posts
726 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Thatdealguy wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:40 pm
There are many different kinds of returns consider a fraud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud

These are only some of them
  • Wardrobing or renting: Purchasing merchandise for short-term use with the intent to return the item, such as a dress for a special occasion, a video camera for graduations and weddings or a big-screen television for the Super Bowl.[3]
  • Returning stolen merchandise: Shoplifting with the objective to return the item(s) for full price, plus any sales tax.
  • Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.
  • e-receipt fraud: Utilizing e-receipts issued when purchasing goods online, but returning them in store, to return merchandise for profit. A variation of the receipt fraud using the e-receipts.
  • Employee fraud: Assistance from employees to return stolen goods for full retail price.
  • Price switching: Placing higher priced labels on merchandise with the intention of returning the item(s) at a higher price than purchase.
  • Price arbitrage: Purchasing differently priced, but similar-looking merchandise and returning the cheaper item as the expensive one.
  • Switch fraud: Purchasing a working item, and returning a damaged or defective identical item that was already owned.
  • Cross-retailer return: Returning or exchanging an item purchased at another retailer (usually at a lower price) for cash, store credit or a similar, higher-priced item at another retailer.
The Richmond Costco always requires the online receipt before they give me a refund. I think it is on their " Online return policy". Sometimes they send me home if I didn't print out the receipt.
Can u be sent to jail?

I believe it is up to the retail stores to accept or deny returns, they have the rights to deny and they hav policy for that. If I have my own shop and a return has been made, it's not the custumer fault if you agree to refund him
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2665 posts
13424 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
L4cky wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:06 am
Can u be sent to jail?

I believe it is up to the retail stores to accept or deny returns, they have the rights to deny and they hav policy for that. If I have my own shop and a return has been made, it's not the customer fault if you agree to refund him
If you got caught and they decided to "sue" you, you might be able to go to jail or get fined. Any frauds less than $5000 can be in jail for up to 2 years or something like that. Usually, they don't sue you because it is a long process and cost money.
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3157 posts
931 upvotes
Edmonton
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:59 pm
Is it me or did Costco remove the gift cards? I can't find any Amazon, Best Buy, etc.
Costco doesn't carry amazon/best buy gift cards normally, no?
Sep 21, 2011
151 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:10 am
If you got caught and they decided to "sue" you, you might be able to go to jail or get fined. Any frauds less than $5000 can be in jail for up to 2 years or something like that. Usually, they don't sue you because it is a long process and cost money.
if you are not sure, i really don't think you should be disseminating false/inaccurate information.

your wikipage is for US law and the sources do not support some of the illegality claims at all. For example, with wardrobing or renting, the source [3] is simply an article from 2008 that says the practice costs retailers and consumer money. not a single mention that the practice is illegal.
Jul 7, 2016
579 posts
238 upvotes
[quote=Thatdealguy post_id=28335388 time=1507871449 user_id=1259645]
[/quote]
no store like that will sue you from a small infraction and may just ban you, because of bad publicity.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2665 posts
13424 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
chineseconscript wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:51 am
if you are not sure, i really don't think you should be disseminating false/inaccurate information.

your wikipage is for US law and the sources do not support some of the illegality claims at all. For example, with wardrobing or renting, the source [3] is simply an article from 2008 that says the practice costs retailers and consumer money. not a single mention that the practice is illegal.
waven101 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:51 am
no store like that will sue you from a small infraction and may just ban you, because of bad publicity.
That's correct. Most of them will not sue you.
SELLING

GROUP BUY
Nov 22, 2014
70 posts
8 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Thanks op. Picked up Super Mario Odyssey and a Cascade 115 pack
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1971 posts
1348 upvotes
Mordor
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 6:23 pm
Yes, exactly. You can use any MasterCard; it doesn't have to be a Costco issued MasterCard. The point of this promotion is to get people to sign up to MasterPass. Whether it's "quicker" is questionable.

In the past, when I've run into online sites that required MasterPass to pay via credit card, I usually just said, "Screw it", and used PayPal/MasterCard instead. I think someone at MasterCard finally clued in, or at least, convinced Costco it was a good thing.
Actually it doesn't have to be a Mastercard in masterpass.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

AmaranthLily, Paigne, Kainroh