Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Get $25 OFF a purchase of $100 or more on Costco.ca when you pay with Masterpass (ENDS DEC. 9)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 12:31 am
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1586 posts
561 upvotes
White Rock
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:04 am
How can you all be sure that your emails are not being duplicated to someone else too? Everyone is getting breached these days, you should bounce around your credit info.
The rules are from Google.

Dots don't matter in Gmail addresses:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

Use Gmail aliases -- + add categories after your username (scroll to the bottom):
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370
Nov 18, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for whoever recommended wayspa.com. $150 for 2 wayspa gift certs, plus $25 discount means I'm paying $125 for a $200 spa package. Merry Christmas! :)
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13543 posts
4326 upvotes
Gatineau
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:04 am
How can you all be sure that your emails are not being duplicated to someone else too? Everyone is getting breached these days, you shouldn't bounce around your credit info.
If "someemail@gmail.com" is your email that currently exists with gmail, and someone else tries to setup a new account using "some.email@gmail.com" or "someemail+costco@gmail.com", gmail would indicate that this email address already exists.

Also, there are the gmail rules that exists as indicated by the poster above.

djino
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9222 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Oh man I still have not used this at all, I'm going to try signing up and hopefully have no issues. Shoot.

Any tips on how to get a successful transaction?
Last edited by radeonboy on Dec 7th, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 6, 2012
159 posts
45 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Still does not work here, "masterpass has system difficulties"

EDIT: ok I removed all accentuated characters from my name in costco billing address and shipping address, and the masterpass for both the credit card and the wallet address.

AND NOW IT WORKS! Welcome to 2017 where a simple 'é' in your name **** up everything (got the same problem with Revenu Québec years ago where my taxes where refused sending them via internet)
Oct 7, 2017
22 posts
4 upvotes
Dec 9 expire date. I just got the Costco mastercard (issued by capital one). Need find something to buy. Thanks OP.
Aug 7, 2014
72 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well, still not working for me: "Masterpass is experiencing system issues. Try again later or choose a different payment method."
Removed all é from my name/address/CC information, and I still have that error message...
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10415 posts
3107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone having issues with the Costco website? Getting tons of pages not found when I click on product links. Can't get into the cart to check out.
Sep 3, 2005
999 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
lol, i think Costco's website and Masterpass are kind mess up right now... I bought something last night, with one credit card, but BOTH credit card got charged, (one card got correct charge amount 79.96 which is correct, that's the total of my purhcase, but , the other credit card also got charge for $67.79, which I didn't buy any item from that credit card, I have two credits card registered with Masterpass.)

It says pending charge, should I call my credit card company or just wait until the pending charge is dropped?

btw, Is Costco.ca webiste down right now? it keep saying page not found.
Last edited by spy cl on Dec 7th, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1248 posts
118 upvotes
Richmond
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:51 am
Anyone having issues with the Costco website? Getting tons of pages not found when I click on product links. Can't get into the cart to check out.
Ya, I get the site is down

Site Temporarily Unavailable

Costco.ca is currently undergoing maintenance and
should be available soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please check back soon.
Dec 31, 2009
142 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary
hitonono wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:43 am
What GC works for this deal?
all of them except costco gc as per t &c
Nov 28, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
all my GCs orders were declined :(

im pretty sure the site is down because they realized too many RFDers were using it to buy GCs and opening multiple accounts
Oct 24, 2016
168 posts
103 upvotes
ON
My gmail is first.last@gmail.com which I set up when gmail started. About 5-6 years back I guess some dude setup firstlast@gmail.com. Ever since I have frequently received his emails. I once tried sending him an email to let him know but that email too landed in my inbox. Not sure if the emails reach him also or if only I’m getting them. But lately I’ve not received anything so maybe he changed his email.

And yes no idea if my emails reached him!
djino wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:00 am
If "someemail@gmail.com" is your email that currently exists with gmail, and someone else tries to setup a new account using "some.email@gmail.com" or "someemail+costco@gmail.com", gmail would indicate that this email address already exists.

Also, there are the gmail rules that exists as indicated by the poster above.

djino
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7497 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
I never had one 1 single Gift Card (PSN credit) go through. They did give me a $25 voucher when I complained, so I got it through that way. I even tried adding a physical item with the cards but no luck.

I just placed an order for a bunch of eneloops... thought i'd take one last shot at using the deal. I think i'm out of email address now (allthough I could use the gmail decimal trick).