Expired Group Deals

Costco gold membership with coupons/ cash card

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2017 2:37 am
Mar 2, 2011
154 posts
12 upvotes
Gloucester
Groupon trying to play a fast one? Original value is at $92 and this is 40% off bringing total to $55??? LOL On costcos own website the damn thing is for $55
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1939 posts
302 upvotes
Oshawa
Kingmoo wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 12:36 pm
i am the primary account holder with wife (last name different than mine) as the secondary
could we let mine expire and create a new one under her name with me as secondary?
Very close to what I was looking at ... the only diff is that my wife and I never had memberships. But my mom had a membership which she cancelled about 3 months ago ... would it be possible for her to get the secondary card??
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.

Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, OSP RULES!
YGK, Toray, Sunline RULES!
Shimano RULES!
St. Croix & Halo RULES!

JDM ONLY.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13290 posts
3270 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 1:18 pm
Very close to what I was looking at ... the only diff is that my wife and I never had memberships. But my mom had a membership which she cancelled about 3 months ago ... would it be possible for her to get the secondary card??
It appears not
"This Groupon is valid for new Costco memberships and memberships that have been expired for more than 12 months"
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4260 posts
432 upvotes
pardesi_bhai wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 1:15 pm
Groupon trying to play a fast one? Original value is at $92 and this is 40% off bringing total to $55??? LOL On costcos own website the damn thing is for $55
Groupon doe this with plenty of places. Like pizza places that have 2 for 1 deals... groupon will give you a discount on the price of 2 separate pizzas
Sep 14, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
blues45 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 11:17 am
My wife is primary card holder, I was listed as spouse, but I never picked up a card for myself since whenever we went, she was there.

Our card expired, I got this Groupon, going to see if I can sign up.
Do you mind providing an update after you try this? Thanks!
Oct 2, 2013
672 posts
157 upvotes
durangatang wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 9:50 am
I'm not sure why all the hate. I've seen these groupons before and they seem like a good deal if you don't have a membership already. Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting for this deal to come back since last year.
Hates from existing members who didn't know even Costco membership can have a dealFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13290 posts
3270 upvotes
Toronto
durangatang wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 9:50 am
I'm not sure why all the hate. I've seen these groupons before and they seem like a good deal if you don't have a membership already. Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting for this deal to come back since last year.
I agree, downvoting a good deal like this is ridiculous, i guess its true what they say about killing the messenger.
RFD also protects the trolls by anonymizing them :facepalm:
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Nov 23, 2009
106 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
Don't forget to use ebates.ca for 6% cash back
Apr 14, 2007
17 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I think I figured out how they came up with the $92 value. The regular price of the membership is $55 any day of the week. Then they've added the value of the freebies ($10 cash card, the salad, the chicken and the $10 off a $100 purchase) and arrived at $92. Then the buyers were led to believe that the regular price of the actual membership was $92, which it isn't.
Jan 4, 2008
177 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
REMEMBER YOUR EBATES 6% at groupon!!! Unfortunately the OFF coupon code doesn't work on this deal

I plan on going saturday to claim the voucher, I'm going to TRY and see if there's some way the warehouse can apply the Aeroplan promo codes (AEROGS) too for extra 1000 points.

Haven't had membership for years. Got this today thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2277 posts
117 upvotes
decorates wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 2:00 pm
Do you mind providing an update after you try this? Thanks!
Will do... if I remember to, maybe ill go tonight, wife's working late...
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3173.00
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7657 posts
842 upvotes
Markham
Got this maybe 2 years ago from Groupon, too bad it's for new membership only, I doubt you can use this as renewal.

For the spouse, it has to be on the same address. Not sure rather they will ask ID to check.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015