Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hansgrohe kitchen faucet 140$ (80$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 11:56 pm
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2569 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Vi20161128 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:55 pm
In USA same model is sold with "Steel Optik Finish" that looks more like satin in pictures. I am assuming as here in Canada it says "Chrome", I expect it to be shiny. From Costco usa website (link in my first post above) some reviewers complaint about splashing and my understanding that relates to depth of your sink, your watter pressure and how much you will push faucet handle to start water. For some people combination of that will make this faucet unusable, other will have deeper sink or will open faucet less to have smaller stream. I am buying just because of the costco warrany - if I will not like this faucet, I will consider returning. But the price for this brand faucet is great, so I will make all attempts to like this faucet :)
There are two versions of this. Few months ago, it was the steel optik version that went on sale on Costco.ca - that one has a brushed satin finish, which is easier to keep clean-looking than chrome when you have hard water. Mine's been great so far - the high arc is great, it's super quiet and smooth, and the weightiness of the handle everything makes it feel quality. Yes, if you turn it on full blast and put a flat object directly under the stream of water, of course it will splash just like every faucet.
Nov 16, 2016
15 posts
16 upvotes
Extra hot water coming out means increase energy use too
Nov 26, 2014
60 posts
23 upvotes
Strathmore, AB
Max_Dealing wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:42 am
How would it increase energy usage?
When you run your hot water more will come out then an aerated tap. Depending on how you use your tap, it could double the hot water consumption.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4257 posts
2093 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, I considered the previous one but REALLY wanted chrome! Now I have a chrome one!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1827 posts
756 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Aaaaaron wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:52 pm
When you run your hot water more will come out then an aerated tap. Depending on how you use your tap, it could double the hot water consumption.
Tell your teenagers that they can take only one twenty minute shower per day, not two. That'll more than offset the taps's hot water usage.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1593 posts
211 upvotes
The spout is too thin imo. I like mine thick so I can grip on it without slipping.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1831 posts
292 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
IntrepidRT wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 7:55 pm
Thanks OP, I considered the previous one but REALLY wanted chrome! Now I have a chrome one!
I'm the other way, considering this color, but would prefer brushed :)
Jan 28, 2007
280 posts
152 upvotes
South-Western, Ontar…
Just a Tip here ... if you happen to have shut off valves under your sink (which you should) on the hot and cold lines, you can also throttle the water flow by partially closing the valves until you have the desired flow rate coming out your faucet
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6817 posts
998 upvotes
A good case of style over function but it does look good.
vivibaby wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 8:25 pm
The spout is too thin imo. I like mine thick so I can grip on it without slipping.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Oct 25, 2011
99 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Bought it but now I'm afraid of installation. It seems not to have a mounting plate to cover the holes left by my old faucet. Eek.
Oct 24, 2009
566 posts
301 upvotes
Vancouver
dafais wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:43 am
Bought it but now I'm afraid of installation. It seems not to have a mounting plate to cover the holes left by my old faucet. Eek.
A mounting plate is included
Includes 26 cm x 5.7 cm (10.25 in. x 2.25 in.) base plate for concealing basin holes
Oct 25, 2011
99 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
absolutcamper wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:09 am
A mounting plate is included
Sweet. Didn't show in the pictures. Thank you
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1179 posts
483 upvotes
Ottawa
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 8:35 pm
Just a Tip here ... if you happen to have shut off valves under your sink (which you should) on the hot and cold lines, you can also throttle the water flow by partially closing the valves until you have the desired flow rate coming out your faucet
Doing this long term depending on the valve quality ( if builder it is cheap) will wear out the stop gate inside that shuts off the water flow. Eventually they can be completely worn out and when you need to actually shut off the water you are sh*t out of luck.
Jun 14, 2011
215 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 8:35 pm
+1
This is what I did in the teenager whash room.