Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hansgrohe kitchen faucet 140$ (80$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 9:40 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3168 posts
365 upvotes
Wat
Max_Dealing wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:42 am
How would it increase energy usage?
More flow, more hot water wasted, more gas/electricity to heat water. I'm guessing.
Dec 8, 2009
106 posts
21 upvotes
Wiseman wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:48 am
More flow, more hot water wasted, more gas/electricity to heat water. I'm guessing.
From what I understand, if you have a 1.75gpm aerated faucet and a 1.75gpm laminar flow faucet, water/energy usage is equal. It's just the insert inside the spout/outlet that determines the flow and spray pattern.
Jan 28, 2007
263 posts
147 upvotes
South-Western, Ontar…
chriscabob wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:33 am
Doing this long term depending on the valve quality ( if builder it is cheap) will wear out the stop gate inside that shuts off the water flow. Eventually they can be completely worn out and when you need to actually shut off the water you are sh*t out of luck.
Shut off valves don't actually "wear out" per se, but rather fail due to seizing up with deposits and calcium build up ... and the cheaply attached plastic handle :rolleyes:

My experience is that if they are indeed cheap out by the builder, your most likely going have issues just simply shutting them off to change the faucet ... 9 times out of 10, I've ended up having to change the shut offs at the same time as the fixtures in so many homes ...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2143 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dafais wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 5:12 am
Sweet. Didn't show in the pictures. Thank you
:facepalm: The second photo clearly shows the plate. And below the photos is the heading "Features:", followed by (believe it or not) a list of features, of which #11 is the plate.
If you can't be bothered to find info no matter how clearly presented, that's your business. But if you then post messages suggesting untrue negative things about an item being discussed by potential buyers (who assume you have at least basic reading comprehension and therefore must have info from experience that conflicts with the listing), that causes needless concern and confusion, and that's irresponsible and a disservice to your fellow RFDers. Please be more careful.
Dec 3, 2010
101 posts
33 upvotes
Got this for few months and has been impressed by the quality so far. The splashing seems to be worse than aerated faucets when washing stuff such as spoon and small bowls. You get used to it after a while and will angle the surface accordingly to prevent splashing. The good thing about laminar flow is that it's super quiet.

The faucet pivoting mechanism is too loose and I added an o-ring to increase the friction. Also had to add a plastic shim on the faucet head to prevent the annoying click when you turn on/off the water.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2143 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wiseman wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:48 am
Sure, but most people realize that they can adjust the flow of the tap using the handle, and don't need it on full blast all the time. And some people appreciate having the ability to use more water once in a while, such as when filling a large pot, or the sink, or helping with a harder clean-up job, etc. I'd rather make my own decisions and not have my devices decide what I want. Of course it's a different consideration when the people using the water aren't the ones paying the utility bill. But that doesn't apply to everyone and shouldn't be considered a general pro or con about a faucet design.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
99 posts
101 upvotes
Heads up - some issues today with Costco.ca website, many products, including this faucet are missing from the website, so link in original post does not work. You just will have to wait till costco will fix their website.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15881 posts
4747 upvotes
Ottawa
Mine shipped today with an ETA for today :)

Edit: delivered this AM.
Last edited by vkizzle on Nov 1st, 2017 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3316 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
Too bad it's chrome finish. Any good stainless steel kitchen faucets in this price range from a quality brand?
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Oct 1, 2006
313 posts
36 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
How does Hansgrohe warranty work? With Moen, I simply head to the closest Home Depot/Rona and get whatever I need to replace for free. What about Hansgrohe? Does anyone know the length of the warranty and how to get parts if needed? Thank you.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
99 posts
101 upvotes
I just received the faucet. It is 2 times bigger than I expected, looks very solid.
Aug 29, 2007
159 posts
28 upvotes
Vi20161128 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:53 am
Heads up - some issues today with Costco.ca website, many products, including this faucet are missing from the website, so link in original post does not work. You just will have to wait till costco will fix their website.
looks like the website issue is fixed. I think I will pull the trigger on this one. Been looking for you and this is an awesome price for this level of quality.
Feb 20, 2002
690 posts
140 upvotes
baumann93 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:05 am
How does Hansgrohe warranty work? With Moen, I simply head to the closest Home Depot/Rona and get whatever I need to replace for free. What about Hansgrohe? Does anyone know the length of the warranty and how to get parts if needed? Thank you.
Either call Hansgrohe or go through an authorized reseller. In Toronto, I know Taps sells Hansgrohe and will provide replacement parts. I'm sure there are plenty of others.