Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
240 posts
125 upvotes
Canada

[Costco] Hansgrohe Talis M Pull-down Kitchen Faucet $190

I have been looking for a faucet for a while. A feature that is important to me is a magnetic connection for the faucet head.

From what I can see, this is a good deal, especially with Costco's return policies.

Features:

Available in multiple finishes: steel Optik or chrome

Swivel range: 150 degrees

Laminar and needle spray modes

Toggle spray diverter

High spout

MagFit magnetic spray head docking

2-mode hand spray

Includes 26 cm x 5.7 cm (10.25 in. x 2.25 in.) base plate for concealing basin holes

Flow rate: 6.62 L/min (1.75 GPM) at 80 PSI

Ceramic cartridge

Integrated double backflow protection

Easy installation

Specifications:

Dimensions (W x H): 22.9 cm x 40 cm (9 in. x 15.75 in.); Weight: xx kg (xx lb.)

Warranty:

Limited, as long as the original purchaser owns the product
13 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3169 posts
975 upvotes
AB
Make sure you are aware that the aerator on this faucet is not the typical flow style that most of the people are used with. I have recently returned a Hansgrohe Cento because of the planar flow and excessive splashing. Replaced with a Moen, also from Costco.
Jun 25, 2007
148 posts
26 upvotes
Scarborough
I will give it a try despite the flow does seem kind of weaker, that's because it has to comply with the Cali regulation on water saving.
i combined the 20 off 100 costco masterpass promo, helped with the HST. Total is 192.
Jun 25, 2007
148 posts
26 upvotes
Scarborough
I will give it a try despite the flow does seem kind of weaker, that's because it has to comply with the Cali regulation on water saving. Worst case is to reinstall the faucet 2 more times. :S
i combined the 20 off 100 costco masterpass promo, helped with the HST. Total is 192.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3169 posts
975 upvotes
AB
The complaint is not about a weaker flow. Planar flow means no classic aerator. Imagine water coming out of a garden hose without a nozzle or wand, just water coming straight out of the hose, clear flow. This is how the flow is on this faucet.
Jan 23, 2007
794 posts
50 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
ciuvak wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:12 pm
The complaint is not about a weaker flow. Planar flow means no classic aerator. Imagine water coming out of a garden hose without a nozzle or wand, just water coming straight out of the hose, clear flow. This is how the flow is on this faucet.
I know at this price point you shouldn't have to, but can you install an aerator? The ones you simply slip between the connection pieces?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3169 posts
975 upvotes
AB
Shaynelle wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:34 pm
I know at this price point you shouldn't have to, but can you install an aerator? The ones you simply slip between the connection pieces?
You can try if course. What do these look like?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8018 posts
1335 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Actually... laminar flow should splash less, if it's pressure compensated, hospital is one place where you can't have aerator because of the risk of splashing and spreading bacteria.
Dec 8, 2009
131 posts
23 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
May 16th, 2018 3:00 am
Actually... laminar flow should splash less, if it's pressure compensated, hospital is one place where you can't have aerator because of the risk of splashing and spreading bacteria.
This is true although I have heard similar splashing issues with Laminar flow faucets. I think part of it is the distance from the end of the spout to the base of a flat sink. You're right though that hospitals all use laminar flow faucets to reduce splashing when washing hands and to help control the spread of bacteria.
Apr 5, 2009
143 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
i bought the Hansgrohe Cento Kitchen Faucet, Chrome Finish, Item #1189819 for $139.99 during the last sale and i find the flow greater than the old moen one i had but harder to finely set flow (very sensitive handle to anything between max and off). But at this price the Hansgrohe is much better than Moen in quality and build in my opinion (i am not a plumber and i replace whole faucets not cartridges when they leak). i do find my shirt much wetter than before though, so i wish i had looked at and tried the faucets with the shield spray design first ... we don't use the dishwasher and it is a pain to rinse dishes with the Hansgrohe unless you have an apron or like a fine mist / wet spot in the area of your abdomen. Magnetic click is nice but i don't really notice a need for it if your weight is properly installed.
Apr 19, 2015
165 posts
127 upvotes
kwk87061 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:38 am
i bought the Hansgrohe Cento Kitchen Faucet, Chrome Finish, Item #1189819 for $139.99 during the last sale and i find the flow greater than the old moen one i had but harder to finely set flow (very sensitive handle to anything between max and off). But at this price the Hansgrohe is much better than Moen in quality and build in my opinion (i am not a plumber and i replace whole faucets not cartridges when they leak). i do find my shirt much wetter than before though, so i wish i had looked at and tried the faucets with the shield spray design first ... we don't use the dishwasher and it is a pain to rinse dishes with the Hansgrohe unless you have an apron or like a fine mist / wet spot in the area of your abdomen. Magnetic click is nice but i don't really notice a need for it if your weight is properly installed.
I bought the same faucet during the last sale as well and I love it, but I have the same complaints - I'm definitely splashing more. I've become adjusted to opening the faucet for less pressure, which typically handles that problem, but every now and then I'll still get nailed. It's always spoons and lids, every time. I don't use the spray function all that much - only when I'm dealing with very stubborn stuck-on food bits. The entire body is metal but the head is plastic, so the button to engage the spray feels a bit cheap, but everything else feels extremely solid. Installation was a breeze and the magnetic click is much nicer than the POS builder's special I had before my last faucet.

It's silly, but I really like the way the water feels on my hands when I'm washing them with this faucet.

All in all, any complaints I had are swiftly overtaken by just how nice the faucet is. I regret nothing.
Feb 20, 2002
799 posts
206 upvotes
Deal still live. Anyone know if the head of the faucet is metal or plastic? It’s apparently plastic on the Cento, not sure about the Talis M.
Nov 5, 2008
197 posts
89 upvotes
Richmond
I also got in on the old Costco Cento deal. Ended up finding this plastic replacement aerated head for around $17, but the Magnetic feature still works since you still use the original nut. I had to bore it out a bit, but the connector threads match. The spray feature is complained a lot to stop working on the replacement head though.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00QBJ ... UTF8&psc=1