Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Costco] Head running gloves - $15

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2014 12:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Head running gloves - $15

I was at my local Costco last night and found these gloves. It looks like a new item, I've never seen it from previous years. It's marketed as a 'running gloves' but I'm sure it's can be used for more than just running. For $15 I think it's a great price compared to ones you find at the Running Store or any other sporting good stores. Sizes are from XS to XL.

It looks identical to this one, even the specs.

http://ruinyourknees.com/reviews/gear-r ... ing-glove/
43 replies
Dec 5, 2004
501 posts
607 upvotes
rajojomanik wrote: I was at my local Costco last night and found these gloves. It looks like a new item, I've never seen it from previous years. It's marketed as a 'running gloves' but I'm sure it's can be used for more than just running. For $15 I think it's a great price compared to ones you find at the Running Store or any other sporting good stores. Sizes are from XS to XL.

It looks identical to this one, even the specs.

http://ruinyourknees.com/reviews/gear-r ... ing-glove/
I use them for day-to-day use in the winter. My suggestion would be to buy 2 pairs, since the little "grip-squares" that cover the palms and fingers tends to wear off, and sometimes the stitching loosens/rips. Yet I still swear by them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
they're great for driving in the winter... grip palm is great and it's not bulky like other winter gloves... been using these types for years.

can't believe costco is carrying winter clothing now... down jackets in July !!! damn... too early to think about it.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1077 upvotes
Hamilton
we were there on the weekend, huge table of snowsuits for kids.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
rajojomanik wrote: IIt's marketed as a 'running gloves' but I'm sure it's can be used for more than just running.
Perhaps somebody smarter than me can explain how gloves have anything to do with running to the point of needing special ones.
Jan 11, 2007
112 posts
154 upvotes
Got these last year at Costco, also for $15. Used mine for winter as well, mainly for driving. Was OK, not warm, but if need be I'd wear proper thick gloves over them.
Only thing I did not like was the touch. It didn't work well, and because the tops of the fingers are more squared off than they are rounded, it's very difficult to be precise. I'd just end up taking off the glove to use a phone.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
BinaryJay wrote: Perhaps somebody smarter than me can explain how gloves have anything to do with running to the point of needing special ones.
My guess would be, in winter, to keep your hands protected from the wind and cold without causing them to get all sweaty and gross when you go running outside.
Apr 15, 2014
291 posts
89 upvotes
Montreal
BinaryJay wrote: Perhaps somebody smarter than me can explain how gloves have anything to do with running to the point of needing special ones.
I copy / paste from the article :

- Medium weight insulation (especially on the tops of fingers which are exposed to wind while running, skiing, riding…)

- Good grip in the fingers and palm

- Long cuffs which are thin enough to accommodate a watch band easily

- Comfort: Flexible enough to make a fist easily

- Precisely fitted allowing reasonable dexterity (ie: the ability to fiddle with a gadget, fish keys out of pockets, tie a shoe, work on a tire, etc. without needing to remove the gloves)
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
wearysky wrote: My guess would be, in winter, to keep your hands protected from the wind and cold without causing them to get all sweaty and gross when you go running outside.
I don't know... but I'm just about ready to patent my typing shoes invention.
Jun 9, 2006
956 posts
415 upvotes
Costco had them for three years now.
I buy a pair each year. These gloves are very handy.
Dec 6, 2005
129 posts
84 upvotes
Which Costco location did you find them at?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
intelmic wrote: Costco had them for three years now.
I buy a pair each year. These gloves are very handy.
are they ever discounted
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
lexus009 wrote: Which Costco location did you find them at?
Ajax location closer to the bakery area, lots left still.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1423 posts
394 upvotes
GVRD
I run outside all winter and having good gloves is a must. It's just too cold & wet to run without them. Hands would be in too much pain without gloves.
Aug 31, 2010
746 posts
959 upvotes
ON
I thought this was similar to the minimalist running shoes Merrell makes, which are often called "gloves" ... Made me excited for a second...
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1025 posts
139 upvotes
KINGSTON, Ontario
Great gloves for mild-medium winter weather. Nice to have a bit of dexterity and be able to use the phone on walks to work/school during the winter. However, these gloves will leave you vulnerable in truly cold weather and especially if you're hands get wet in cold weather.
Banned
Nov 18, 2014
20 posts
26 upvotes
Downtown Toronto, ON
Do the ones at costco work on touchscreens as well too, like the ones in the featured link
Mar 7, 2011
279 posts
571 upvotes
Mississauga
silverray wrote: Do the ones at costco work on touchscreens as well too, like the ones in the featured link
Yes and as others have said I find them great for light winter gloves
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1173 posts
1150 upvotes
Like others have said these are great gloves. They're usually in the warehouse around November and I also noticed that I've been buying a pair every year. I usually wear this exclusively in the winter, but I've found I've had to buy a new pair every year because of the rubber grip squares falling off (like others have said) and the touch points on the thumb and pointer finger harden up and I find it hard to use on touch screens after that.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a pair of these at costco warden and Ellesmere location. On monday.. They had a bunch and all sizes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)