Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Costco] Head running gloves - $15

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2014 12:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
BinaryJay wrote: I don't know... but I'm just about ready to patent my typing shoes invention.
Go out for a 10k run in freezing or near freezing temps without gloves and let me know how that works out!

Most running gloves I have seen are meant to keep you warm without getting in the way - and very often have a slot on the palm or back of the hand for your keys so you dont need pockets as well with them.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
chenwaa123 wrote: I run outside all winter and having good gloves is a must. It's just too cold & wet to run without them. Hands would be in too much pain without gloves.
Sure, but why does it have to be running gloves... just about any gloves have to be better at keeping hands warm than this thin synthetic thing that seems no different than a pair of cheap mechanics gloves.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
3055 posts
1185 upvotes
Ottawa
Great gloves, bought a pair a year or two ago from Costco, lost one... so I will probably buy another pair :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
mechanic gloves are design to release heat - not keep your hands warm. Different gloves for slightly different needs - all serve the same purpose... why are there so many different cuts of beef ? all it does is provide you with protein and fill your stomach.
BinaryJay wrote: Sure, but why does it have to be running gloves... just about any gloves have to be better at keeping hands warm than this thin synthetic thing that seems no different than a pair of cheap mechanics gloves.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
depending on what you do with them, I guess... I wear mine everyday for driving - wash it couple times each winter - had them for over 2 years, still great condition.
tinted151glass wrote: They only last for one year?
Feb 23, 2007
31 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Sure, but why does it have to be running gloves... just about any gloves have to be better at keeping hands warm than this thin synthetic thing that seems no different than a pair of cheap mechanics gloves.
It's true. Mostly marketing. Nothing about it really says running. You don't need grip for running and most gloves have those smartphone compatitable finger tips. For cool weather running, I do prefer something thin and synthetic because it dries faster. For cold weather, when it dips below 0, I prefer a thicker glove that is windblocking. Oh, and reflective material. But honestly, practically every piece of running gear these days have some sort of reflective logo or piping. I saw these in the spring but passed on them.
Feb 25, 2010
445 posts
455 upvotes
HALIFAX
I've tried to use these for strolling, jaunting, and even gallavanting once...and they didn't work.

If you're not running while wearing them the stitching basically unravels, and they also begin to burn your skin.

Running gloves ONLY!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
The idea of running gloves is to remove moisture, retain warmth and maintain mobility. Much like layering, running gloves is like a base layer for your hands. Normal winter gloves does not provide removal of moisture nor provide mobility, like if you go running in your Canada Goose..
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
BinaryJay wrote: Perhaps somebody smarter than me can explain how gloves have anything to do with running to the point of needing special ones.
If you don't know, you don't need. So then why would you come to a thread on running gloves?
Apr 15, 2014
291 posts
89 upvotes
Montreal
Bought one pair on my trip to Costco today. The gloves fit me very well.

Thanks OP !
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
rajojomanik wrote: I was at my local Costco last night and found these gloves. It looks like a new item, I've never seen it from previous years. It's marketed as a 'running gloves' but I'm sure it's can be used for more than just running. For $15 I think it's a great price compared to ones you find at the Running Store or any other sporting good stores. Sizes are from XS to XL.

It looks identical to this one, even the specs.

http://ruinyourknees.com/reviews/gear-r ... ing-glove/
Looks like "Fall" is starting at Costco. This is the 3rd year they've stocked these gloves and I absolutely *love* them. I actually bought 2 pairs in case something happens to the first pair.

Be aware that these are not good for sub-zero temperatures.
daveybuoy wrote: I've tried to use these for strolling, jaunting, and even gallavanting once...and they didn't work.

If you're not running while wearing them the stitching basically unravels, and they also begin to burn your skin.

Running gloves ONLY!
I've been using the same set of these "Head" gloves from Costco for 2 Winters now and never had a single problem with durability or skin reactions.
- casual gastronomist -
Sep 10, 2008
258 posts
226 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: I don't know... but I'm just about ready to patent my typing shoes invention.
Go for it!

Thanks OP, missed out last year.
Oct 27, 2011
235 posts
343 upvotes
VANCOUVER
evanwier wrote: Go out for a 10k run in freezing or near freezing temps without gloves and let me know how that works out!

Most running gloves I have seen are meant to keep you warm without getting in the way - and very often have a slot on the palm or back of the hand for your keys so you dont need pockets as well with them.
This. Key slots are the best.
Aug 11, 2001
367 posts
19 upvotes
Awesome. I lost my pair when I was in NYC. Gonna buy a couple pairs this time.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I too use them for driving, and the little rubber grips do wear out. They're clearly not designed for that purpose (grabbing the wheel anywhere besides the grip patches is actually slippery), but I like their stylish compactness and touchscreen capability.
daveybuoy wrote: I've tried to use these for strolling, jaunting, and even gallavanting once...and they didn't work.

Running gloves ONLY!
Have had some limited success with brisk moseying and perambulating.
:cool:
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
Will be going back today to pick some up for the boys before it's all gone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)