Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Himalayan Salt Lamp

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2016 5:46 am
Jul 14, 2008
377 posts
985 upvotes

[Costco] Himalayan Salt Lamp

Not sure if this is truly as good as people claim it to be, but appeared to hot price. 7in size salt lamp on Amazon sales for approx $40 (including shipping) each. Here you get 3 for $70.
50 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Sounds like snake oil, but seems to have lots of positive reviews.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Jul 14, 2008
377 posts
985 upvotes
lol...at least I can use the salt lamp for cooking...perfect for Sous Vide..

the weight for each lamp is 5lb according to website. 2lb of himalayan salt cost $8...so for $70, you get 15lb of salt, taking out 1lb for the cord, 14lb of salt is worth $56.

still alright I guess.
Dec 14, 2011
217 posts
226 upvotes
OTTAWA
In for a set. I always thought my house had too much electromagnetic pollution.
Nov 24, 2004
976 posts
90 upvotes
I have a couple in my house. I have not gotten cancer, ebola, scurvy, bedbugs or been abducted by aliens. Therefore they work as advertised.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
CanadianMoFo wrote: I have a couple in my house. I have not gotten cancer, ebola, scurvy, bedbugs or been abducted by aliens. Therefore they work as advertised.
Holy $h1t! Somehow your salt lamps are working for me also .... THANKS!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
If the internal light fixture is good, then this is a decent deal for three. Mind you, I paid all of $25 for one without the marble base, from a local seller.

And of course, the health claims are stupid, but nonetheless they look kind of interesting, and make for nice muted night lighting.
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
hassy wrote: lol...at least I can use the salt lamp for cooking...perfect for Sous Vide..

the weight for each lamp is 5lb according to website. 2lb of himalayan salt cost $8...so for $70, you get 15lb of salt, taking out 1lb for the cord, 14lb of salt is worth $56.

still alright I guess.
I know your reply is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but Costco online sells a 6x 1kg (thus, ~13.3 lbs) boxes of coarse Himalayan salt for $30: http://www.costco.ca/Mountain-Gold-%E2% ... 77361.html
I wish they had that deal in store (for cheaper, natch) as they only seem to sell Himalayan salt in that 1lb (? prob less) grinder bottle for ~ $6 (iirc).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
By the same logic, I wonder whether the salt cave spa therapy gaining popularity these days are also just a big marketing hype ...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I had one, but it mysteriously disappeared within a month.
Figured out my cat was lickin' it. Winking Face
Butter now safe.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6567 posts
4487 upvotes
Toronto
How are these at keeping away house hippos?

I got a few that I can't get rid of.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
Yzord wrote: I know your reply is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but Costco online sells a 6x 1kg (thus, ~13.3 lbs) boxes of coarse Himalayan salt for $30: http://www.costco.ca/Mountain-Gold-%E2% ... 77361.html
I wish they had that deal in store (for cheaper, natch) as they only seem to sell Himalayan salt in that 1lb (? prob less) grinder bottle for ~ $6 (iirc).
Is the salt in these boxes roughly the same size as the one in the mills? Or more like coarse pickling salt? I need to big ones for a salt mill.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
Whoever managed to convince Costco's buyer to sign off on these must be given a medal of recognition. These stuff really does fall in to the WTF category for me...
Apr 27, 2010
636 posts
278 upvotes
GT!! wrote: Holy $h1t! Somehow your salt lamps are working for me also .... THANKS!
That's some powerful stuff.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1618 posts
675 upvotes
X24Secret wrote: Whoever managed to convince Costco's buyer to sign off on these must be given a medal of recognition. These stuff really does fall in to the WTF category for me...
Me too... I saw it in the Costco sale email and literally said "WTF?"
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)