Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hisense 58-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV 58R6109 $489, $30 5YR. Warranty, In Store

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2019 4:41 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Hisense 58-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV 58R6109 $489, $30 5YR. Warranty, In Store

Costco has this 58" Smart 4K Roku Hisense 58R6109 in store for $499 until 9/12. Comes with the usual 2 year Warranty, 90 Day return/PP, and optional $30 warranty extension to 5 years. Not sure if that is chainwide pricing or just local.
Online it is $529 shipped, so it is only $30 less in store, but this also keeps the + 3 year warranty extension to $30, as opposed to $60 if you order online.

This one is a little warm, but if you need a bigger budget TV now, you can always look for a BF, or other discount, over the next 90 days, and get price protection, or exchange, or you can return and go with something else, if there is a great BF deal. I recently bought a 55" at $399 shipped, as a second TV, and I am pleasantly surprised by it. Liking the Roku interface, and PQ and sound, are better than expected for a TV in this range. Can't say if that will translate to the 58", but hopefully. Using it in a moderately lit room.
Durability remains to be seen, but that is why the 5 year warranty is key, IMO. If your cheap TV lasts 5 years plus you wasted only $30, if it dies in 3-5 years, you likely end up with full credit back to buy a better TV upgrade with another 5 years at Costco.

9/16

In store price of these has dropped $10 to $489
Shipped price is still $40 more at $529
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 16th, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
Looks to be a very similar model to the 58 Sharp (Hisense) 4K HDR Android TV that was for 498 at C Tire with 30x bonus points on Thursday. I picked one up financed over 12 months and used some GC and points. I'm actually surprised no one posted that. $498 - $60 CTM back with 30x points. I already had $75 CTM that I applied towards it. My local store had 10 at the beginning of the day and ended the day with 3 left after I picked up mine at 8pm.

The panel is OK. Amazing for a sub $500 TV. The Sharp detects as a Hisense hat4kdtv. In some research it seems to be a cross between this Roku 58 Hisense and the midrange Hisense H8F. No local dimming but Full array LED backlighting. Pretty bad viewing angles but I'm using mine in my bedroom wall mounted so it fits my application. I prefer Android TV to Roku for sure but it's less user friendly. Surprisingly this Hisense only does HDR10 but the Sharp does Dolby Vision as well. Blacks are very good for the price and it's a solid upgrade from the $300 Samsung Plasma from boxing day 2012 I had before.

Not too many bugs in the OS but sometimes switching on the fly picture and sound settings mess up the display. Runs Android Oreo August 18 Security Patch. Prime Video plays HDR10 and DV but I haven't found a way to calibrate those settings, only during normal video.

Higher end H8F has Local dimming and I believe a better better contrast but it's also likely $200 more. With the 55" being $699 at most shops.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote: Looks to be a very similar model to the 58 Sharp (Hisense) 4K HDR Android TV that was for 498 at C Tire with 30x bonus points on Thursday. I picked one up financed over 12 months and used some GC and points. I'm actually surprised no one posted that. $498 - $60 CTM back with 30x points. I already had $75 CTM that I applied towards it. My local store had 10 at the beginning of the day and ended the day with 3 left after I picked up mine at 8pm.

The panel is OK. Amazing for a sub $500 TV. The Sharp detects as a Hisense hat4kdtv. In some research it seems to be a cross between this Roku 58 Hisense and the midrange Hisense H8F. No local dimming but Full array LED backlighting. Pretty bad viewing angles but I'm using mine in my bedroom wall mounted so it fits my application. I prefer Android TV to Roku for sure but it's less user friendly. Surprisingly this Hisense only does HDR10 but the Sharp does Dolby Vision as well. Blacks are very good for the price and it's a solid upgrade from the $300 Samsung Plasma from boxing day 2012 I had before.

Not too many bugs in the OS but sometimes switching on the fly picture and sound settings mess up the display. Runs Android Oreo August 18 Security Patch. Prime Video plays HDR10 and DV but I haven't found a way to calibrate those settings, only during normal video.

Higher end H8F has Local dimming and I believe a better better contrast but it's also likely $200 more. With the 55" being $699 at most shops.
Thanks for the detailed review.
That actually sounds really similar to my Hisense Roku observation too. That may be applicable to the 55" Sharp 4K in my other thread too. That one is $386 at Visions and there are good chances to negotiate an extended warranty down to reasonable Costco type levels there. So it helps to have some kind of feedback about Sharps even though they are also made by Hisense.
Did you try installing an app for that Sharp? I know that on mine the Roku phone app allows adjustment of some of the more complex picture adjustments that are otherwise inaccessible.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Thanks for the detailed review.
That actually sounds really similar to my Hisense Roku observation too. That may be applicable to the 55" Sharp 4K in my other thread too. That one is $386 at Visions and there are good chances to negotiate an extended warranty down to reasonable Costco type levels there. So it helps to have some kind of feedback about Sharps even though they are also made by Hisense.
Did you try installing an app for that Sharp? I know that on mine the Roku phone app allows adjustment of some of the more complex picture adjustments that are otherwise inaccessible.
I haven't found anything to access the picture settings other than what's in the menu. Overall, these are quality budget displays and I'm very impressed considering I paid $2200 for the Sony X900E from Costco in Nov 2017 for the 65. For about 1/4 of the price you're getting much more than 50% of the value. Sure it doesn't have a lot of the fancy features but it's under $500! Hisense is really knocking it out of the park with these budget 4K displays. Just a note, I've read HDR doesn't work with game consoles. Don't have a PS4 Pro or XB1 to test. YouTube HDR doesn't work natively either but you'd be hard pressed to find HDR content other than tests on YouTube (Unless you only watch MKBHD or something).

Amazon Prime HDR 4K Works perfectly. Netflix I don't have a 4K sub to test.

The speakers are trash but that's the case with every TV speaker since the dawn of time. I'm using it with a Logitech Z5500 DD5.1 setup that I've had since the release a decade ago and no problems there for a easy bedroom setup. There's minimal delay when connected via Optical cable. Haven't tested Bluetooth speakers though, most Bluetooth speakers do have delay. As for WiFi, the 2x2 AC is very strong, picks up 5G AC and streams 4K content with minimal lag on my Rogers Gigabit and the LAN port as well transfers very fast.

I sideloaded apps via USB. There's 2 ports. 1 is USB 0.5A and the other is 1A and blue so I'm guessing that's a USB3.0 port.

2 HDMI are 4K60 and the last is 4K30. I've been running 1080p60 from my PC no problem over HDMI.

Make sure to enable GAME mode in PQ settings to minimize input lag.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote: I haven't found anything to access the picture settings other than what's in the menu. Overall, these are quality budget displays and I'm very impressed considering I paid $2200 for the Sony X900E from Costco in Nov 2017 for the 65. For about 1/4 of the price you're getting much more than 50% of the value. Sure it doesn't have a lot of the fancy features but it's under $500! Hisense is really knocking it out of the park with these budget 4K displays. Just a note, I've read HDR doesn't work with game consoles. Don't have a PS4 Pro or XB1 to test. YouTube HDR doesn't work natively either but you'd be hard pressed to find HDR content other than tests on YouTube (Unless you only watch MKBHD or something).

Amazon Prime HDR 4K Works perfectly. Netflix I don't have a 4K sub to test.

The speakers are trash but that's the case with every TV speaker since the dawn of time. I'm using it with a Logitech Z5500 DD5.1 setup that I've had since the release a decade ago and no problems there for a easy bedroom setup. There's minimal delay when connected via Optical cable. Haven't tested Bluetooth speakers though, most Bluetooth speakers do have delay. As for WiFi, the 2x2 AC is very strong, picks up 5G AC and streams 4K content with minimal lag on my Rogers Gigabit and the LAN port as well transfers very fast.

I sideloaded apps via USB. There's 2 ports. 1 is USB 0.5A and the other is 1A and blue so I'm guessing that's a USB3.0 port.

2 HDMI are 4K60 and the last is 4K30. I've been running 1080p60 from my PC no problem over HDMI.

Make sure to enable GAME mode in PQ settings to minimize input lag.
Same here, I was really expecting to have to return this Hisense after trying it, but it has exceeded those expectations by a very long shot. One aspect that I found most surprising with this one was the sound. It is actually fairly good, depending on your expectations, I guess. Not much bass, but good clarity and surprisingly decent volume. WiFi has also been consistent and stable, no random disconnects or slowdowns.

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
If this helps anyone on the fence about this Hisense 6109, here is a mini review of the 55" which I picked up last week at $399 shipped.
Using it in a moderately lit room with little external light and I haven't done a full settings adjust, just eyeball tweaking, but I am surprised by it so far. Black level is good and quite uniform, and I see only some very moderate clouding DSE on left/right outer edges, and some subtle DSE clouding in a couple of other spots in solid color tests. In actual viewing it is unseen unless you are really looking hard for it in the exact spots, on a solid background. Quite acceptable for a $400 TV IMO. Color needs further work, but it is in the ballpark for an average user with some minor tweaks. Roku operation and Wi-Fi function have been stable and I have had no problem streaming 4K. I wasn't too impressed with the results of Prime HDR on the first try, but that may come with finer adjustment. Of course these budget TV's are not going to really be able to do HDR justice, none of them really will. HDR compatible means it will accept the signal and do the best it can with it, but they just don't have the brightness and contrast to achieve the intended result. The real surprise to me was the sound, I had very low expectations, but it is good, IMO. Obviously not a great deal of bass, from a couple of tiny speakers, but otherwise the sound is clear, voices are legible, and it can easily fill a quiet room. One helpful hint, if you try one, download the Roku phone App. It allows you to use headphones from your phone, act as a remote, enter text from a keyboard, and tweak some advanced video options not available otherwise.
Short answer I am keeping this one, I think. Hopefully these results translate to other 6109 sizes and other units of the 55", if so, I think these might be a decent buy for the average user or as a cheap second TV for the enthusiasts. I also think that the simplicity of the Roku interface and remote, makes these a good option for the elderly or technically challenged.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 16th, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
with costcos warranty, if the tv doesnt work in 5 years will they just give you a credit or will they refund you? thanks.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
BTW see the 65R109 thread if you need a larger budget TV. They are at $599 shipped with $60 warranty extension this week.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2312801

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
kangarooz wrote: with costcos warranty, if the tv doesnt work in 5 years will they just give you a credit or will they refund you? thanks.
Full refund
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: with costcos warranty, if the tv doesnt work in 5 years will they just give you a credit or will they refund you? thanks.
This Plan provides for the repair or replacement of your product in the event the
product experiences a breakdown. If we determine that we cannot repair your product
as specified in this Plan, we may replace the product with a replacement product of
like kind and quality that performs to the factory specifications of the original product
or, at our discretion, we will issue you a voucher, gift card or cheque for the original
purchase price of that product, including taxes, as indicated on your sales receipt to
return to the retailer to purchase a replacement product. Non-original manufacturer’s
parts may be used for repair of the product if the manufacturer’s parts are unavailable
or more costly. Once you have received your voucher, gift card or cheque for your
product pursuant to this Plan, all of our obligations under this Plan shall have been
fulfilled in their entirety.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
In Store price has dropped to $489, shipped price is still $529 which puts the 3 year warranty extension at $60 instead of $30, if bought online.

Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
idiotcanuck wrote: In Store price has dropped to $489, shipped price is still $529 which puts the 3 year warranty extension at $60 instead of $30, if bought online.
In-store price (in the West at least) currently $449.99 until Nov 21.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
jdewit wrote: In-store price (in the West at least) currently $449.99 until Nov 21.
Thanks for the updates. No one will see them here in an expired thread, though. Maybe you should start a new one?